Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

Flavor: Almond & CoconutSize: Pack of 12Package Type: Standard PackagingChange

on August 27, 2011
These are a staple on my grocery list from Amazon (I get two boxes a month on the "Subscribe and Save" program, and often have to "send next shipment now" because I share them with friends at work). However, I've become alarmed when I open the newer boxes / packages- the bars are at least an inch shorter than they used to be.

I thought maybe I had a few from the "end of the roll" or something, but it seems rather consistent now. The cellophane wrapper is the same size, but the bars are missing at least a full bite of what the bars used to be. And the prices keep going up. I like these, but at some point the decreased "value" will get to a point where I'll find something else to snack on.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
The box of bars arrived 10 days before the printed expiration, and they are stale (not chewy like they should be).
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon August 30, 2011
I would not use these as a meal replacement. Not enough protein, for one. But when I have them with a meal as dessert, no blood sugar spike. (I used to be prediabetic, and I do check these days to see how foods are affecting me.)

But for folks who want a "less crap" candy bar or dessert treat, this one's it. VERY sweet. Tastes just like these chewy coconut candies my mom used to bring home in the 60s and 70s in my Bronx days. I used to love those. And I love the Almond Apricot for tasting like them. Every single variety I've tried--about a half dozen--are very good. But Almond Apricot is my fave. It hits the "oh, candy" and "ooh, nostalgia" vibe for me.

My second fave (though it's gaining on the Almond Apricot in stealth mode) is the Almond Cashew Flax one. I thought I'd hate it (flax is not my fave thing), but man, it's like a gentle cookie taste in a chewy bar. It's quite delightful. I find I want to reach for that one for my evening "dessert" with coffee treat.

Third fave: Mango Macadamia with Calcium. Very mangoey. Mangoes are my fave fruit and these do taste mango-ey. Macadamia is quiet enough in the taste department to let the fruit shine through. Different "bite" texture than the almond based ones, too. Smoother. (I'm a Caribbean born gal, and I've adored them since I was a wee one.)

The peanutty ones are my least fave. I do find the cashew and almond based ones just are more enjoyable.

If you low carb, you probably wanna steer towards, say, the Almond Coconut and have half (or one of the minis). It's not a lot of calories, and it's certainly a prettier nutritional profile for those who want a more "whole food"/no gluten lifestyle. (Beware the ones with peanuts if you're more into the Primal/Paleo side of things.)

These babies are SWEET. If you're prone to abuse sweets like candy bars, don't even taste these. I'm serious. They're amazing. Addictive. Delicious! I've lost 116 pounds (moderte carbing, Primarian eating), and while I did order some (the minis, almond apricot, and others for hubby's lunch box), I think of them as CANDY. Not something to have in place of food, but something that I can have as a treat when I have the calories to allot. I also would happily carry a mini in my purse for emergencies. Because they have healthful fats, they can tide you over.

How did they do on my glucose the way I use them (dessert):

Premeal: glucose 81
Post meal: protein/veggies/fruit and one mango macadamia bar (after 1 hour): 88

Not bad.

I wish they'd ratchet down the glucose/honey, cause they could be less sweet. BUT...I cannot tell a lie: THESE TASTE DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost wish I'd never encountered them. They are tempting!

And with the 25% off right now with S&S combined with the code good til 9/15, if you are dying to stock up, it's a good time.
on July 10, 2010
This healthy bar is so delicious that it's like eating candy. Something this yummy shouldn't be so good for you but it is. The Almond & Coconut is one of my favorite flavors.
on January 8, 2011
I love that these bars strive to be on the low end of the Glycemic Index (meaning they don't spike your blood sugar levels) and that they use nuts as the base, rather than grains. Although they are more pricey than some other bars (and I am a poor college student) they remain my favorite.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
I had these on subscription for a year or so. I even had to increase the amount I received from 2 to 4 boxes per delivery because my roommates would eat them all! They were so freakin delicious and they didn't come with the saturated fat of a candy bar. Then something changed from one order to the next.

They became less pliable, more stiff. They're tougher, you have to wrestle a bite off of the bar like a dog attacking a bone. The taste is also quite bland in comparison to the older bars. Were they always gluten free? Perhaps that is it.

I tried pawning them off on my coworker who can't have gluten, but he soon started passing when I offered them to him. So my relationship with KIND bars has regrettably reached its conclusion. It went from, 'order more of those next time!', to, 'you should just cancel that, no one eats them anyway'. I actually have some 5 year shelf life survival food I would rather eat than these. I gave one star in honor of the deliciousness that they once were...cue the bugles...farewell my friend, we had some good times hiking, quick on-the-go snacking, and general consuming to avoid having to cook. I shall remember you as you once were.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2011
Was so excited to find this at amazon since I had tasted this product and was impressed. It was good and tasty and it was soft. When I rec'd the 3 boxes I opened one and was really excited to experience the same foodgasm I had when I first got introduced to this fruit bar...first bite ...more a food nightmare since I have 3 boxes with 12 bars that I don't feel like was stale and hard...What a waste.:(
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2011
I was looking forward to these bars, since most of the reviews were great. Unfortunately, my experience was not a pleasant one. I bit into one bar and noticed something strange. I put on my glasses and saw hair, lots of hair in the bar. Gross! Bad quality control day? Whatever, I will not do business with KIND again. I got a full refund from Amazon. Thank you Amazon, I don't blame you. P.S. Look at my posted pictures.
review image review image
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2010
Good texture and flavor in this fresh, chewy and substantial bar. Two make a meal replacement when I have to work through a lunch hour.
on March 29, 2013
I've been buying these for more than a year and like the product, especially the Almond & Apricot; it's a healthier recipe than some other flavors. But I was shocked when they arrived to see that the bars didn't fill the package to the same extent I remember them doing before. I watch my son's sugar intake so I remember that they contained 22g before; they now contain 13g. Less sugar is fine, but it's less because the bar is considerably smaller. This is a very sneaky way to raise the price and it looks like it's a significant difference. I'm a careful shopper, but don't check that serving sizes are the same from order to order; who does! Well they got me this time and for the last time; I have other choices.

See 1 answered question