Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

Format: GroceryChange

on November 23, 2014
I love KIND bars, there are a huge variety of flavours and this is my favorite. I personally use it as a meal replacement and take it along with a Natural Appetite Suppressant(extracted from a fruit). I personally love the taste of dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is an anti-oxidant and provides a variety of health benefits. The bar is very low in sugar so its an ideal meal replacement. It has a good amount of fiber and will help keep your digestive system healthy! The chocolate is smooth and the sweet/saltiness are perfectly balanced. The texture is very crunchy and the flavour releases quickly. I have them as a snack or replace my morning meal. Its a perfect natural snack bar.
44 comments209 of 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2013
Kind bars are exceptional, but this is the very best of the Kind bar offerings. The sea salt and dark chocolate mix makes it a delicious mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. And best of all it's gluten free, all natural and low sodium. A good choice all around.
11 comment124 of 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2012
I love nuts and dark chocolate, so for me this was a no brainer. These aren't big enough for a meal replacement for me personally, but for some dieting or trying to do whats right and eat a breakfast in a hurry these are a great option. If you still eating those chewy granola bars, don't you think it time for an adult bar? The taste on this is great as you get the crunch from the nuts, the sweet and smooth from the chocolate, and sweets favorite companion salty. The only negative thing I could say is these do cost a good bit, but in my opinion it is worth it.

Pros:
-Natural ingredients
-Minimal sugar
-Great taste
-Healthy fat, protein and fiber

Con:
-Cost
-Not filling enough for a meal replacement.

Overall five stars as it is a great product and I will continue to use it as a morning snack.
77 comments198 of 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The offer said, Free Sample of Kind Dark Chocolate Nuts and Sea Salt bar, 1.4 Ounce, so I clicked on it, wondering if it was truly a freebie. It wasn't but I ordered a couple of them anyway. More on this "free sample" offer later, but how good are they?

Subjective Taste Test:

Perhaps this is a little unfair as I've tested the KIND Dark Chocolate Nuts and Sea Salt bar before. Bought a couple of them at a local store some time ago and found that they were a good snack alternative to my regular Clif Bar Energy Bars when out cycling. And followers of his show will already know that Dr. Oz, recommended KIND and keeps some in his briefcase at all times. As far as taste goes, these are good, nice and chewy with a decent nut flavor, and the dark chocolate is not sickeningly sweet as one will find with some products. I have a thing for sea salt, and the combination of that with the nuts and dark chocolate works... and they don't leave a bad artificial aftertaste.

Nutrition Stats:

Checked the KIND site and found the following ingredients were listed for this product:

Mixed nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews, walnuts), chicory root fiber, honey, palm kernel oil, sugar, crisp rice, cocoa powder, non GMO glucose, sea salt, soy lecithin, milk powder, vanilla extract. Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Calcium (6% DV), Iron (8% DV).Vitamin E (25% DV), Vitamin B1 (4% DV), Vitamin B2 (8% DV), Vitamin B3 (8% DV), Vitamin B6 (2% DV), Folate (4% DV), Phosphorus (10% DV), Magnesium (15% DV), Zinc (6%).

> Serving Size: 1 Bar (40g)
> Calories: 200
> Dietary Fiber: 7g
> Sugars: 5g
> Protein: 6g

The Offer as Posted Here:

At the time of this review, the title for this product is: "Free Sample of Kind Dark Chocolate Nuts and Sea Salt bar, 1.4 Ounce." It had shown up this way when I had done a quick search for sea salt, and it looked interesting with that title. But they weren't free, so I figured that I had just missed some special deal. They were being sold by Amazon LLC for $1.49 each at the time, with free two-day shipping for Amazon Prime members, and since I've tried them before, picked up a couple of them.

Now I see that the original Amazon deal is gone, and has been replaced by a third party offer. At the time of this review, they are being sold for "$1.59 + $5.95 Est. shipping" and available at an external website. That comes to $7.54 per bar. So much for the "free sample" being offered here.

This deal reminded me of something else. Do you remember Vince Shlomi, also known as the "ShamWow Guy" and the one in the Slap Chop infomercials that we used to see? Television's fastest talker used his double entendre signature line "You're gonna love my nuts!" so often that people bought the product... often to their dismay. I like the KIND bars as noted above, but with the deal being currently offered here, it's reminiscent of that one from the "ShamWow Guy" a bit too much.

There is another deal here on Amazon for KIND Nuts & Spices, Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt, 12-Count Bars which is far better; just do the math, as it comes out quite reasonably if you want a dozen. They have been endorsed by Al Roker, Dr. Oz and other nutrition folks, but luckily we don't hear them saying "You're gonna love my nuts" on their television segments.

9/23/2012
77 comments174 of 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2015
I was so hoping that I would really LOVE this bar, but I didn't. It has a very strong flavor and was a little too much for me. Also, there were two opened bars in the box when it arrived. That sucked because obviously I had to through them away. They were as hard as a rock. This is not one of my favorite bars but it's okay. I won't be reordering it.
review image review image
0Comment36 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2013
I love these bars, I buy them at my local grocery store all the time and thought this was a great way to just keep a box in my desk but these tasted completely old. They tasted like they had been sitting in a warehouse for two years or like they had been frozen a few times. The nuts had a slightly off flavor and they were so hard that i was worried about my teeth. I tried to eat a couple of them but ended up leaving them in my desk for a few more weeks and then dumping them out, I couldn't even leave them in the break room for office vultures they were so terrible. Just stick to buying these individually at the store, they are about forty cents more but it is worth it.
77 comments116 of 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2015
Two bars out of this box looked like someone took a bite out of them, not really a bite but they were not full bars.
review image
on October 22, 2014
i love this flavor and buy it in cases from the store so I figured I'd order from prime. Opened the first bar, and it was extreamly hard to chew and tasted chalky. Will not order this product online again, will get from store.
on July 21, 2013
Pro: a perfect blend of dark chocolate, nuts and salt. Not too sweet, not too salty, just enough crunch to be 'mouth-satisfying'.
Con: the coating will melt if you leave the bar in your purse in the car on a warm day. And then you'll have sticky chocolate covered fingers.
0Comment33 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2013
I love them!! I recommend you try them.. you wont be sorry! Sea salt and chocolate combo is out of this world!
11 comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse