Looking for a shower speaker, I wasn't sure if I wanted to get this KLTECH or the Digix miniBoom, so I decided to purchase both and test them out. There is most definitely a clear winner. I purchased this version of the Digix miniBoom -- Digix miniBoom Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Great Sound, Water Resistant with Built-in Microphone - Purple

I won't list the...
Published 10 months ago by Geeky Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't charge its battery
I plugged it in for the initial battery charge and the charge light did not come on--ever! I plugged it into several outlets around the house, and that made no difference. It just was not going to work. So I packed it up and shipped it back the very next day.
Published 6 months ago by Jane O. Cook

4.0 out of 5 stars KLTECH or the Digix miniBoom speaker? There is a clear winner..., January 3, 2014
Geeky Girl (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KINGLAKE® Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Mini SHOWER Pool Speaker Handsfree car Speaker w/ Mic (Rose) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I won't list the specs for each because they can be found on the product pages, but let me mention a couple of things that are not in the product info.

Size:

For one, the KLTECH miniBoom is bigger than the Digix -- not that it's huge, but it is bigger -- I would say about the size of a round beverage coaster. The Digix miniBoom is about half the size of the Digix speaker. The suction cup is significantly bigger on the KLTECH as well -- a clear super suction cup. For me, the larger the suction cup, the better the suction. In fact, once I got it on the wall, I had to really dig my nail to break the seal. The Digix has a much smaller suction cup that was not as strong as the KLTECH suction cup. I had to really push to get a good suction and it was really easy to pluck the speaker right off the wall.

Sound:

The sound comes from the rear of the KLTECH whereas on the Digix it comes from the front. I was actually wary that the KLTECH would sound worse because the sound came out of the back versus the front, but the sound actually is much more robust coming from the KLTECH. The KLTECH speaker is also designed so that the device itself acts as its own boom giving it a much deeper sound. The Digix has a really canny sound and when you increase the volume the sound gets distorted and crackly.

Controls:

The KLTECH has a lot more controls on the front of the interface. You can control volume up (long press the forward button), volume down (long press the back button), forward through songs and play / pause songs as needed. In addition, there is a power button and a call button. For some reason, my phone (HTC DNA) doesn't work with the phone button, so I can't answer calls but I really don't expect to do that while in the shower. The Digix has a volume up / down and a play button which are placed on top of the device and identified by raised bumps. As another reviewer said, every time you adjust the volume up / down, the sound "pauses" which I found to be very annoying.

Also, KLTECH has a light indicator on the front of it that allow me to quickly see that the device is powered on and also connected to the phone. The Digix has a light indicator, but it's on the bottom of the device and cannot be seen once it is suctioned to the wall.

I LOVE the control features of the KLTECH. Not just for the forward and back buttons, but more importantly... the POWER button. I can easily turn the speaker off and save the battery when not in use. The Digix has a power switch, but it's inside a protective cover and cannot be easily accessed -- you would most likely need to remove from the wall to access.

Battery:

I have not yet had a chance to test the length of the battery on either but can update this review when I do. But with the ability to power off the KLTECH speaker and easy accessibility to the power button, I would expect that its battery would last much longer.

Overall, the KLTECH is the clear winner for me and I'm returning the Digix miniBoom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, January 5, 2014
This is a good Bluetooth product. Works as advertised. The only issue that I have is that it isn't loud enough. I mean it's for the shower not for taking a bath. There is no way that you're going to listen to anything that isn't music. If you want to listen to talk radio or an audio book, not going to happen. You might be able to hear 50% of what you are listening to. If all you plan on listening to is music it is great but even then sometimes you want to crank up the music too...

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't charge its battery, May 9, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Would Not Charge, May 10, 2014
Melissa R (Valley Center, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
I left it charging for 24 hours and it still won't hold a charge. When it's plugged into the charger it works great. I like the sound quality and it's easy to connect to bluetooth.

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not hold a charge., May 21, 2014
Won't even turn on unless its plugged in to a power source. Ruins the point of these speakers since I won't be able to use them in the shower, where it was intended to be used for. Do not buy. Waste of money. The rubber cap for the usb port also fell out and its impossible to put it back in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, May 11, 2014
Used only one time and not working anymore... It was charging but can't turn it on. Only used one time.

1.0 out of 5 stars DEAD AFTER 2 DAYS., May 8, 2014
It never really got wet. It was handled by wet hands but it was never in direct contact of water. It worked for two days then it stopped. Now all it makes is a loud static noise and you can't even turn it off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken in only two days!, June 11, 2014
It just can not use only after two days! So disappointed about this bluetooth shower speaker!
Hoping to give others a kind remind, think twice to buy this.

1.0 out of 5 stars It was great until it became useless, July 8, 2014
I've only had this for three months and it will no longer charge! It was great until it became useless. :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for and it bounces, April 24, 2014
I've had this speaker just short of two months. It linked with my kindle with no issues.
Once I got used to having to hold down the forward and backward keys, I'm OK with the volume controls, but would still prefer their own buttons for that.
Once you mount it on the wall the sound bounces and it can be really loud, enough to hear while you're washing your hair (I set my kindle volume to 75 to 80%).
I've also used it to to take outside while working in the yard, now I can leave the Kindle on the porch and not worry about it getting wet or dirty.
I've only recharged the battery once since I've had it. It holds up well to the wet and seems to be pretty sturdy, I'm not always good about getting it adhered to the shower wall and it has taken several really hard bounces but it's still working fine.