Published on October 11, 2010 by Piso Mojado

Published 20 months ago by Mary-Jo Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement work bowl lid for out-of-production Kitchenaid food processors, October 11, 2010
Piso Mojado (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid
This is a replacement work bowl lid for Kitchenaid's 11-cup food processors, models KFP500, KFP600, KFP650, and KFP670. These models have been discontinued, and parts and accessories for them are no longer available from Kitchenaid. It is a perfect fit on my KFP600, purchased February 2000, and it looks a little more robust than the original lid (thicker plastic). I thought the price plus shipping was exorbitant for a piece of injection-molded plastic, and I considered knocking off one star for that reason. But unlike the KitchenAid 4176273 Food Pusher you could not make your own replacement, and this lid is less than one quarter the price of a new 12-cup Kitchenaid food processor.

Updating to February 2012, I have just replaced the original work bowl with the KitchenAid 4176267 Work Bowl, 11 Cups. This lid is a perfect fit on the replacement work bowl.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement Part, July 7, 2011
This review is from: KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid
I am so glad that this replacement part fit my Kitchen Aid Food Processor. This style is no longer manufactured. the replacement fits like a glove, and feels even sturdier than my original. The item arrived faster than anticipated. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement, December 9, 2013
This review is from: KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid
Works like a charm. I'm sorry I waited so long to replace mine. It feels like the plastic on this replacement is thicker and more sturdy than the original. It's so nice to use my processor with confidence instead of babying a splitting lid and waiting for it to fail.

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid, January 31, 2013
This review is from: KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid
The lid fit perfectly and saved me a lot of money not having to get a whole new food processor. Now I am back in business!

1.0 out of 5 stars Having to replace the whole bowl because of this below par lid, December 27, 2012
Mary-Jo Knight (NEW YORK, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid
I purchased this new lid from Amazon in Feb 2012. When making Thanksgiving dinner, I closed the lid and it slipped past the nub that is supposed to lock it in place. This has happened multiple times with this piece, but I was able to fix it. I could not open the cup/lid and spent hours trying, short of taking a sledge hammer to it to try to save the enclosed blade.
So now I have to replace the whole food processor...rendering all of my useful blades, motor, etc., useless.
My advice is skip this junk and just buy a new food processor and save yourself the aggravation, cost and shipping.

Mjo
NJ

5.0 out of 5 stars A thrifty purchase, August 28, 2011
This review is from: KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid
This fits my who-knows-how-old food processor perfectly. I ordered it with the work bowl and now I have my favorite kitchen tool back for about 1/2 the price of a new food processor. My KitchenAid Food Processor has sliced a zillion apples for about 20 years for apple butter, sauce and pies. Rinse the parts right away after using and it's not that hard to clean. Also marvelous for shredding carrots for our favorite soup and carrot bread.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Kitchenaide, April 22, 2014
This review is from: KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid
Wasn't sure about the fit in ordering, but it works fine. The old pusher fits too even if shaped slightly differently

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality replacement, March 18, 2014
This review is from: KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid
As other reviewers have stated, this replacement part is of higher quality than the original. My food processor is like new now and should serve us for many more years. Definitely worth the bucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Food processor lid, January 19, 2014
This review is from: KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid
Old lid developed stress fractures over time. I assume this one will as well, but in the meantime it will work just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, January 17, 2014
Terrence Walsh (Fairfax, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid
After ten years a food processor workbowl gets a few scars. It might even look scary. And the old plastic might go "Snap!" Which is exactly what happened. The good news? One brand new replacement lid put that food processor back to work. Perfect fit. Back in action!
It's good to know that a durable tool like a food processor has the parts support to keep it going, year after year.

KItchenAid Food Processor Compact Lid