4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, works well for now
This was about 1/3rd the cost of the headphones in the store. They will probably break (just like the 3 other microsoft ones I have replaced) after a while, but I can not complain about the price. So far they work well.

Published on September 7, 2011 by IronChefMIk

1.0 out of 5 stars Great price, but way too small.
Even though my head maybe above average in size, I have a hard time believing anyone above the age of 7 can wear this tiny headset properly. The price was dirt cheap and it worked fine but the size is unrealistic and should be noted in the description. If you let your kids on Xbox Live this headset is a perfect match for your needs otherwise skip it entirely.
Published on May 28, 2012 by Tim Storey

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, works well for now, September 7, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars

update: I have had it for a month an a half now, and it still works. Glad I bought it. I go through the official headphones so quickly that I just got tired of spending 20 bucks on them each time one breaks.

Update: It has been about 4 months and it is still working just fine. I am very pleased considering how much cheaper this was than the officials.

Update: I have had these for 6 months and they are still working to my surprise. These are probably hit or miss, but I am very happy with this purchase. I have replaced 4 sets of the official headsets, so spending 5 dollars and having it last this long is great.

Update: It has been just under a year. The headphones still work, but they just started occasionally making a slight buzzing noise that the party can hear. The noise goes away if I unplug and plug them back in. When these do become unusable I will buy another pair of the same set because of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth more!, October 22, 2010
This little gem is sounds great, all my friends say I sound crystal clear and so far has been standing up to all the abuse my big head has given it. For the price they are offering it is a steal and a half. Gamestop is selling used mics for $10. My only nit-pick is it's really tight for my big head so if any of you fellow big heads want this mic then do what I do. Over night leave it on an arm rest or something about the size of a head to keep it stretched out. Trust me it will make your ear feel much better. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, September 21, 2010
I ordered two of these items for my boys who are x-box live fanatics! The product arrived earlier than expected and in pristine condition. My boys love them and unlike the headsets that originally came with the x-box, so far they haven't been broken.

It's actually funny to see my oldest son walking through the house with it on, talking to his friends. I still can't get over that one!

Great product. Even greater price!

I highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Headset for Xbox 360, October 26, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
First of all you can't beat the price of this headset, I ended up buying 2 of them. Build quality is pretty cheap and it bugs me that the foam piece that goes on the end of the mic always falls off but I just took it off all together. Headset works great I like to play Call of duty and battlefield alot and I can hear everyone perfectly. I say if you don't want to invest a whole lot and you want to be able to communicate on Xbox Live then get this, even if you decide you don't really like it your not out a whole lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it for the money, May 19, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: KMD Xbox 360 Live Gaming Headset with Mic (Accessory)
I ordered this with a leftover $5 gift card balance, and chose it because I needed a new Xbox headset. There weren't a lot of reviews so I was a little skeptical, but ordered it anyway. I don't do a lot of reviews but just wanted to say how much this product exceeded my expectations. The sound isn't exactly Turtle Beach quality, but this is $1, not $50. The mic works great and there is little to no static. The only time I've heard anything like feedback is when it is plugged in on the highest volume with nobody talking. It is comfortable but may take a little getting used to if you're used to something with lots of cushioning, but after maybe 15 minutes you don't even notice it. The only thing I didn't love was the plastic on the right side (speaker is on the left side)- It doesn't have any padding and can be annoying, especially for long periods of time. I wear it a little small so that it doesn't jut into my ear.No problems with the seller, I received it on time with no need to contact them.
Overall:
-Sound- 5/5
-Comfort- 3/5
-Value- 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headset for the price!, February 8, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ordered this headset to replace the one that came with our xbox. Works great, sound is very clear and headset material seems sturdy. This was a christmas gift for my son and well worth it. I was worried after reading other reviews but this is a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, January 28, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Works better than the headset that came with my Halo Reach 360 system... dont have to yell anymore and comes in good but the only problem is it hurts the ear a little bit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks cheap but it gets the job done, July 20, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Be careful its kind of flimsy especially if your a big head like me. Small heads this is ones especially for you just make sure it clicks in all the way to the controller or your gonna have people listening to you but you cant hear them. It happens to me when I forget to plug it in all the way other then that this one should last a long time I've had it for two months no problem. Its cheap and has good voice quality get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the original, June 28, 2011
Phil (Minnesota) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The headset that came with my xbox broke so i got this one and its just as good as the original, nothing else to say but this is great for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great balance of price and quality!, April 30, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was playing Mass Effect 3 online one day and realized I'd be a better team player if I had a mic (the one that came with my system had died long, long ago).

So I came to amazon to find a cheap one. I was completely overwhelmed by the number of cheap Xbox360 head sets. After searching through all the different under-10-dollar versions and reading all the reviews, I tried my best to balance price with the chance I'd get a defective product. If you search through product reviews on any bargain item, you'll find that a lot of people get working products, but some people get ones that don't work or die quickly. That is not the case here.

THIS HEADSET WORKED FOR ME WHEN I GOT IT AND STILL WORKS A MONTH LATER
IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE HEADSET THAT CAME WITH THE OLDER, WHITE XBOX 360s

And based on the number of reviews for this headset that report receiving a broken product, this is the best amount of money to spend on an xbox 360 headset if you want a good chance at getting a working product.

Spend more money and your chances go up, less money and of course they go down.

This headset was a good balance and it worked for me.

KMD Xbox 360 Live Gaming Headset with Mic