Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 21, 2015
I bought this from Amazon in October of 2014. it is now almost June of 2015 and the headset is reaching the end of its life. The band that goes around your head has broken and I've since just duct taped it together. The soft ear pad has fallen off multiple times and so I've had to put a rubber band around it to keep it from doing so. And recently the plastic at the base of the mic has torn leaving wiring exposed. The mic no longer works in certain positions and I have to get it just right for me to talk through it. That's why I'm reviewing this right now actually... They lasted 7 months with gentle care (technically, they still work, but practically, they don't). So I will be re-ordering a pair. The build is admittedly garbage but to be honest at their price point they're pretty solid. And they pick up sound very easily so you can whisper and people will be able to hear you (Which I like, since I try not to be too loud, except when raging on cod..). The sound quality through the microphone is pretty good at this price point. I recently bought the Ax.4 Aftergrlow headset from gamestop at 19.99 and the sound quality that the mic picks up is TRASH! I'll be returning those. But yeah, these right here are way better in terms of how YOU will sound to others. That's why I'm buying another pair to be honest. Overall pretty decent headset for gamers on a budget. Wish shipping costs weren't so high though...
review image
on July 21, 2012
I bought this as a cheap, temporary replacement. I was a bit worried what I might get because of the few negative reviews and the fact it cost only $1.39. Like some complained, the headset seemed a bit snug but it stretched out to fit my head better after an hour or two of use. It is very light and comfortable. I like how the placement of the volume control and mute is down by the controller rather than halfway up the cord. The only complaint I have is that the headset (at least the one I recieved) is for the left ear and I really prefer having on the right. But it's $1.39. And you can't beat that!!
on December 13, 2014
What a horrible product! I bought it for my son for his birthday! And it lasted three days. Unfortunately I can't return it because I bought it early to make sure he got here on time. You guys should be ashamed of yourself for selling such a cheap product! We took very good care of it. We made sure we put it away and then one day boom and it didn't work anymore I tried fixing it nothing!!
review image
on June 28, 2011
The headset that came with my xbox broke so i got this one and its just as good as the original, nothing else to say but this is great for the money.
on November 26, 2015
Worse than the original 360 headset. Feels like cheap plastic construction. It works OK but ... agh. I hate it.
I'll give it a 2 star and keep it because it served the primary function.

The ear piece is also small and hard. After a few hours of game play your ear will begin to hurt. Hey good thin it's a mono-ear piece so you have a spare ear to switch to--NOT!! This headset does NOT allow you to bend the mic the other way so you HAVE to use it on your right ear only. The original 360 headset you can rotate the mic so you can wear your headset on either ear. Not this one. If you can't hear a thing in your right ear, well, this one is not for lefty's.
on February 29, 2016
for this price you can not really complain much, it works really well the only negative thing i could say about it is that it is really small, and fits tight. I got this for my 12 year old daughter and it was hurting her head but she has been putting it on her teddy bears or pillows at night to help stretch them out and that seemed to help. but with this price being as good as it is that is not really a big deal she is just glad she can now talk with all her friends online.
on March 9, 2016
You get what you pay for. This is a cheaply made product. It functions, but it has issues. It's mostly just uncomfortable to wear, but my brother (with whom I play online some times) says that the microphone picks up all of the sounds from the entire house and transmits it to his headset. He was getting annoyed with how difficult it was to hear anything, so I broke down and bought Microsoft Brand Xbox 360 headsets instead. That fixed the problem immediately. Great price, not a great product.
on February 10, 2013
This is probably the best no-frills wired headset for the xbox 360. It has all the features of the basic Microsoft xbox 360 headset that comes with the xbox, no more, no less. It also has the similar quality: plastic parts, bendable mouth piece, etc. Both feel very cheaply made, but that's appropriate for the $5 price tag.

One very noticeable flaw is how uncomfortable the headset gets after a few hours (3-4). It really feels like the side is jabbing into your head, I didn't bother trying to stretch it out because I have a feeling the headset might snap in half! In summary, it does everything the Microsoft xbox 360 headset does but feels uncomfortable after prolonged playing. (I never had a comfort problem with the Microsoft xbox 360 headset)
on April 30, 2012
I was playing Mass Effect 3 online one day and realized I'd be a better team player if I had a mic (the one that came with my system had died long, long ago).

So I came to amazon to find a cheap one. I was completely overwhelmed by the number of cheap Xbox360 head sets. After searching through all the different under-10-dollar versions and reading all the reviews, I tried my best to balance price with the chance I'd get a defective product. If you search through product reviews on any bargain item, you'll find that a lot of people get working products, but some people get ones that don't work or die quickly. That is not the case here.

THIS HEADSET WORKED FOR ME WHEN I GOT IT AND STILL WORKS A MONTH LATER
IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE HEADSET THAT CAME WITH THE OLDER, WHITE XBOX 360s

And based on the number of reviews for this headset that report receiving a broken product, this is the best amount of money to spend on an xbox 360 headset if you want a good chance at getting a working product.

Spend more money and your chances go up, less money and of course they go down.

This headset was a good balance and it worked for me.
on May 31, 2015
To start I'd like to point out that you get what you pay for. I paid ~$7.
Short review can be summed up into the following pros/cons
Pros:
-I can hear everything
-Doesn't cut out while chatting
-Low price
Cons:
-The plastic is so cheap that I feel like I have to be incredibly careful
-The mic picks up on any wind/ambiance/sound nearby.

Overall, I like it. I'm not a picky spender, but if you have the money I recommend a Microsoft official or Turtle Beach.
The mic had a flimsy cord, feels like it could easily snap at the slightest snag, especially really close to the part that plugs into the controller.