5.0 out of 5 stars Best Milk Replacement Product
Published on July 10, 2010 by Susan Hanson

3.0 out of 5 stars does not keep long
I bought it because my cat was in liver falure. I was trying everything to get nutrition into him. He did not like it and it spoils quickly.. My cat was 18 yrs old when he died. He drank the liquid milk.
Published 7 months ago by Carol

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Milk Replacement Product, July 10, 2010
This review is from: KMRŽ Powder for Kittens & Cats, 12oz (Misc.)
I've used KMR and other milk replacers (Hartz, etc.), but KMR is the only one that is readily accepted by all young animals. It seems to be richer and have a much higher fat content than the other brands, and rescued animals usually need all the fats they can get. Mixing small amounts of KMR can be frustrating at first because the fat content makes it difficult to dissolve. I've tried whisks, but they don't work. Finally, I figured it out: measure the amount of KMR needed into a measuring cup, then add small amounts of warm water and stir until you create a paste (usually, I add water equal to 1/2 the amount of powder to create a paste.) Stir the paste until it is smooth, then add small amounts of the rest of the water, stirring well after each addition(1 part KMR to 2 parts water). It isn't perfect, but it works better than dumping everything together, stirring like crazy, and still having a lumpy mess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, August 13, 2010
This review is from: KMRŽ Powder for Kittens & Cats, 12oz (Misc.)
Okay, I didn't personally sample the KMR, but according to a couple of my other cats, it's very good. After reading Susan's review I expected the worst at trying to mix up the powder. Fortunately, I used my sports drink shaker with the wire whisk blender ball, and "voila!" easy as pie and not a single lump. I even stepped up and started the 2nd stage KMR and the shaker took it in stride. The smallest amount I made was 1/2c warm water + 1/4c KMR + 3/16c 2nd stage. It's more than the two kittens can eat, but little momma eats about half and really enjoys it also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without, November 12, 2012
I know the Amazon price is good compare to the canned milk or the powder at the local pet stores, but still, when you have six house cats and a colony to feed out of own pocket, the expense adds up quickly...We had better luck with the same product for lower price before though.

One of the rescues we have was bottle fed with KMR milk replacer ever since he was about two weeks old. Later on somehow he developed asthma and we continue to keep him on KMR throughout his adulthood -- just for the extra nutrition.

Two months ago my husband found a very weak tiny kitten blown to the back door on a horrible windy day. We also fed him with KMR and he is now a healthy energetic rascal who runs like a tornado:-)

KMR replacer is a life saver. We wouldn't know how else to bring them up. It's convenient to make and the kittens love it! Our two sons highly recommend KMR~_~

An update for potential buyers references because I just read other buyers' reviews. My "rascal" experienced both constipation and diarrhea after his arrival and the immediate use of KMR (we always have KMR in the fridge for the asthma baby) sometimes he wouldn't do his business for three days in a row, sometimes he had his own little paws/body dirty because he stepped on his sloshy waste. However, we took his stool sample to the vet and the test shown he actually had worms. My vet said it's common for strays -- they may even get it from the mother during pregnancy. We gave him the prescribed antibiotic for ten days and he never had any digestion problem since. Based on this personal experience, I suggest not to simply blame on KMR formula but check with the vet also if your beloved little ones are having constipation and diarrhea problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best milk replacer on the market for kittens, May 4, 2012
This review is from: KMRŽ Powder for Kittens & Cats, 12oz (Misc.)
I regularly foster orphaned or abandoned kittens, sometimes as young as a few days old. I've been doing so for the past several years. KMR is by far the best product on the market for growth and development. I've seen kittens on the brink of death bounce back overnight after regular feedings. I keep feeding KMR as a supplement with canned kitten food for up to 10 weeks old. This is when a mother would naturally wean her kittens. It's a little extra insurance that they will stay hydrated and their immune systems will catch up from all of the treatment for parasites and antibiotics. I purchased online this time because our local chain pet store had a fire a few months ago and hasn't finished rebuilding. This price is far better than I've paid anywhere and the product arrived quickly. Outstanding!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nutritious formula for kittens!, August 1, 2011
S. Hansen (Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KMRŽ Powder for Kittens & Cats, 12oz (Misc.)
We found an abandoned kitten that was about a week old and immediately I started researching kitten formula. We gave him goats milk at first before purchasing the KMR formula. The kitten had no aversions to the milk and seemed to love it. He has been drinking from a nursing bottle and now has transitioned to eating it on his own from a bowl. We ran out of the formula and bought a different type of cat milk, this sudden change caused him stomach irritability so we will be purchasing more KMR. We had no problems with it being chunky. I combined the dry mix with warm water and shook it in his bottle. Great milk replacer, no bad things to say for KMR!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works For Bunnies Too, June 27, 2013
This review is from: KMRŽ Powder for Kittens & Cats, 12oz (Misc.)
I have used this product to successfully raise 2 litters of Eastern cottontail rabbits who were orphaned. I was worried about using KMR alone because bunny milk supposedly has a higher fat content than KMR is able to provide and rehabbers recommend mixing it with another formula (Zoologic) that I was unable to locate in the States. The litter I have on it right now is fat and healthy. They are transitioning to a native diet of greens. Because of rabbit's special nutrition needs I wouldn't use this product without also feeding either cecotropes or some type of probiotic recommended for rabbits (I used cecotropes) and I did occassionally use simethicone for bloat issues as they adjusted to this and then later to greens. But strictly for the role it plays as a milk replacer it is definitely adequate for bunnies or I could not successfully have raised two litters to the weaning stage. My own personal formula for mixing it was: 1 part KMR, 1 part pedialyte, and 1 part water. If anyone reading this needs more information about raising baby bunnies this website helped me: [...] Also, [...] And you can see the litter I raised on my website: [...]

3.0 out of 5 stars does not keep long, May 27, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM!, January 9, 2014
This review is from: KMRŽ Powder for Kittens & Cats, 12oz (Misc.)
Orphaned kittens drank this down. They had no digestive problems while on it. I love KMR and will use again.

3.0 out of 5 stars They liked it I guess, September 6, 2014
This review is from: KMRŽ Powder for Kittens & Cats, 12oz (Misc.)
As far as I know this is your only option for kittens. We had 15 day old kittens, had to feed them that.
They liked it I guess, but it bound them up They didn't have a decent bowel movement until we put them on moist cat food.
Also it is pretty expensive. You can find a recipe to make your own on the net. Go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Life Saver I am Told, September 24, 2014
This review is from: KMRŽ Powder for Kittens & Cats, 12oz (Misc.)
Purchased for the local shelter and they tell me it is a real life saver for the kittens. I was told they also use this on some of the older cats who need a "boost" in nutrition. I will continue to buy it when they need more.

KMRŽ Powder for Kittens & Cats, 12oz