5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of building fun!
Published 10 months ago by Steve

The manufacturer commented on the review below
I usually love the K'nex toys, but this sets pieces are easily broken. I helped my child put together a few of the designs and many pieces broke when I attempted to use them on the first day of receiving item. Plastic is not sturdy enough to use again and again.
Published 3 months ago by M Eliz

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of building fun!, August 30, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I confess that I wasn't very familiar with K'NEX, as they weren't as popular as Legos when my kids were younger. Still, I figured I could use it at my school (primary aged kids 5-9) for some nice play/reward time. Worth noting that the minimum age listed is 7, as this is not a simplistic block set by any means. Young fingers or children with low fine motor skill levels will most definitely struggle with these. That said, however; older kids (even the adult kind) will truly love it!

This is a dynamic product with many options for creative minds. It comes with instructions for building many exciting, moving, interactive structures, but there's also plenty of opportunities to tap into the potential within the big red tub. There are 350 pieces (including some small pieces), as well as some thin rope for some of the creations.

K'NEX is a great product that will keep the builder in your world fascinated for hours. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice compliment to lego, September 13, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our 8yr loves to build lego. Loves!

So he was intrigued by this, which is a bit different, and has more "gears" and kinetic motion.

The first thing he observed is that the instructions are a little less "step by step" than lego - so they tend to show the process less incrementally which was a bit of a stretch - and he often asked for help, whereas even with very complicated lego he never does.

He also didn't like the models once built as much, since they didn't tend to stay together as well as the lego bricks - which was frustrating to him.

It did have a good novelty factor and he became interested in all the different models possible with this large diverse set.

As a parent, I didn't like that the box showed a lot of models that there are no instructions for in the box. We figured out you could go to the website and download them there, but if you don't have a color printer, this really isn't terribly convenient. And even if you do, lots of $ spent printing pages. So I'd rather all the instructions be included in color glossy print.

I think when he's a bit older this might be more interesting, but for now the complexity and low durability of the model keeps this on the shelf more than I'd like.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Geat toy.. enough for one complicated model at a time, October 14, 2013
This review is from: K'NEX 375 Piece Deluxe Building Set (Toy)
Had so much fun building these out...

I bought this as a lightning deal.. but even at the regular price, I think it is worth it.

We built the ferris wheel... unfortunately, there were not enough pieces to build out the ferris wheel exactly as pictured (seriously!) but we were able to improvise and still had a lot of fun and built a cool model to boot.

For those who say they completed these with their 4 year olds.. I definitely see why this is considered a toy for older children... It requires quite a bit of strength to snap the pieces together, and some pieces are extremely small and easily lost.

Overall, this is a great set... one tha can grow with your child as they complete more complicated models. I am very glad I snatched this one :)

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Nov 7, 2013 1:19:21 PM PST
Be sure to give the K'NEX hotline a call at 800-KID-KNEX if you are missing parts. They will be happy to help.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fun!, September 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, let me say I got this for my four year old. He is, admittedly, under the age recommendations for the toy. However, I planned on this being a joint toy--mainly me building something for him to play with.

For those purposes, it was a good set. There are plenty of pieces to build a variety of cars/planes/etc that he played with for an afternoon. If you put a little bit of time into assembling something, it will actually stay together even after some serious playing/throwing. I was really impressed.

As for durability, this set has a zillion tiny tiny pieces. Each piece is durable but, as a set, it is easy to lose them. If you have more careful kids who put everything away after they play, consider this a 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Time K'NEX Experience, October 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was the first time that I've ever played with K'NEX because they weren't around when I was a kid so it was interesting to give them a try. So I rounded up my test kidlets (ages 5 and 8) and we set out to build.

The plastic box the pieces come in is large and sturdy, so if you buy more K'NEX sets, they can easily be stored within that box. The instructions are a large, full-color foldout, which actually ripped a little too easily. My only quibble really is with the instructions. It gives step-by-step instructions for smaller, simpler creations, but the larger, involved creations - like the one pictured on this product page - are just single images that you have to figure out yourself. And of course, those are the creations the kidlets wanted to build.

But other than that, the set was great. The pieces were easy to snap together and both kids were able to build whatever their imaginations desired (as did I). It kept them entertained and involved, and using their brains - always good.

The K'NEX system is a nice building system for kids to have. I recommend it.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Pieces break easily, many broke the first time we played with it. Dissapointment for my child, March 15, 2014
M Eliz (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Mar 24, 2014 2:05:04 PM PDT
"Greetings from K'NEX. We are sorry to hear that you have had a disappointing experience with your new set. K'NEX Consumer Services can definitely help. Give them a call at 1(800)KID-KNEX and they will be happy to help with replacing any defective or broken parts.

-Your Friends at K'NEX"

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice general set, February 8, 2014
Michael Jones (Somewhere in Central Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: K'NEX 375 Piece Deluxe Building Set (Toy)
We've bought a few of their roller coaster kits and had fund with them. This is more of a 'general' kit with lots of various parts from which you can build many different things (there is a small guide with some ideas included). If you have a lot of K'nex stuff already, this is a good addition kit to expand from.

This is also a decent 'starter' kit when you get it cheap if you want to try them out and see if you'll like the K'nex stuff without investing a whole lot money up front.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could find more of these, February 8, 2014
This review is from: K'NEX 375 Piece Deluxe Building Set (Toy)
I used to buy these all the time for my little brother. Now all they sell is the stupid tiny mini peices. I want the old larger ones back because they didn't break as easy and we didn't lose them. This is a great gift, but a bit pricy. Shipping was great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice creative set, good assortment of parts, September 5, 2013
Gavin Scott (Sunnyvale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Hard to go too wrong with a tub full of parts to build things with.

The set contains a good assortment of regular (full size) k'nex components, with wheels, a few gears, etc. and there should be plenty to entertain.

It all comes in a nice plastic tub with a snap-on lid. The tub is maybe 1/5 full so there's plenty of room to add more k'nex pieces from other sets or whatever toys you like.

It comes with a large fold out sheet of 30 or so plans, including a few relatively complex ones like a race car.

About half of the plans though are relatively dull flat two-dimensional constructs however, but that's no big deal and is an issue with k'nex in general.

Can't go too wrong with this.

G.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised at the versatility & fun in this set, May 23, 2014
This review is from: K'NEX 375 Piece Deluxe Building Set (Toy)
Got these for my 11 year old nephew and 7 year old niece to use when they visit. Both kids love to use the included diagrams to make cool structures. I got this on a lightening deal but I'd buy it at regular price and still be happy with it. The pieces are sturdy and they can be used by all ages, including adults. I have to buy more now cause the kids whine over not having enough pieces. Way fun toy that's cheaper than Lego sets.

K'NEX 375 Piece Deluxe Building Set