5.0 out of 5 stars Ordered two hoes, this is my favorite
I asked for this along with the other nejiri gama hoe (Nejiri Gama Hoe) for my birthday thinking this was more of a sickle and the other was more of a hoe. It turns out they have extremely similar design and this works as more of a hoe than a sickle.

Published on July 6, 2011 by Quetzal

3.0 out of 5 stars Small, not practicle for weeding.
The weeding sickle seems well made, however the 3 3/4 inch long blade is rather small and not very sharp. I find my 20 year old weeder with its 8 inch blade and broken tip will cut weeds much quicker and with less effort.
Published on July 11, 2012 by SculpterDrach

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordered two hoes, this is my favorite, July 6, 2011
This review is from: KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama (Lawn & Patio)

This hoe seems much higher quality than the other - the blade is all one piece, not welded to the shaft, and it feels built to last much longer. The metal for the blade is a little thicker and sturdier feeling. Works very well and makes quick work of weeding. I like the tapered end, it helps get into small spaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best garden tool ever!, October 20, 2011
This review is from: KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama (Lawn & Patio)
This is the best garden tool I have ever used. I have some overgrown areas of my yard that get that way because it used to take me hours of digging and pulling. I used this weeding sickle and cleared the garden beds in about 20 minutes. Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Ninja., January 17, 2013
This review is from: KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama (Lawn & Patio)
This small sickle is far more than I expected. It LOOKS like it should cost $100! The ergonomics of the handle and shape are just simply awesome. I've already tried it and it is PERFECT! I would highly recommend this to anyone that does yard work, and it is SOLID hardened steel and the edge is simply a work of hand-crafted art.

You could easily use this sickle to trim hedges and to dig with (I wouldn't do that). Not to mention a menacing looking home defense weapon!! I comes with a clear vinyl sheath, that isn't going to stop it from cutting, tho. I'm going to have it on the TOP SHELF along with all my other high quality stuffs.

It's about 12" long and the cutting edge is about 3-3/4 inches. The shank is 3/16 x 1/2". Weighs about 1 pound. Handle is made of high grade Japanese White Oak. I can't see this thing being injured if you wanted to trim all of the bark off a large tree! Steel shank goes all the way through the handle and comes flush to the end of the handle. A steel pin goes all the way through the handle and the shank, guaranteeing it won't sling out in the hardest of swings.

Simply awesome!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the traditional kama, May 28, 2011
This review is from: KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama (Lawn & Patio)
Very well made and an improvement over the traditional kama where the tang is sunk into a wooden handle and can pull out with hard use. The arm is entirely steel and has a tang that goes completely through the handle and clinches. It would be all but impossible for it to pull out, no matter how hard the sickle is used. I use it to cut rabbit greens and for my purpose less angle to the blade would be better but it is designed as a weeding sickle, not for reaping so that is a minor quibble. It is too bad they don't make the same item with a straight blade. The handle is a bit small for my hand but would be perfect for a womans hand, once again a minor point.

5.0 out of 5 stars best weeding tool ever, July 26, 2011
This review is from: KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama (Lawn & Patio)
We have been using two of these weeding tools for the past 18 months and would be lost without them. You can uproot all but the biggest and toughest weeds, as well as cut stalky roots like dandelion. We have tried other welded weeding hoes, but thay have all snapped at the weld within a year or two. This tool appears like it will last until it has worn down to a stub.

Best weeding tool ever!!

4.0 out of 5 stars HANDS VS TOOL, September 28, 2012
This review is from: KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama (Lawn & Patio)
Who needs a tool to pull weeds right? After using this in my raised 4ftx3ft garden beds I can now say the only time I will use my hands to help with the weeds is when i pick up this tool.love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Weeds be gone, August 17, 2012
This review is from: KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama (Lawn & Patio)
This item lived up exactly to the good reviews I had read about it. Just grab some weeds and slash and off they go. Now I just want one where I do not have to bend down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, October 12, 2011
This review is from: KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama (Lawn & Patio)
I got this kama because I saw one being used in a permaculture video to chop and drop weeds and leave them to act as mulch. First this kama came sharp. So many tools you buy these days are as dull as a plate so if the buyer injures himself, he can't sue. But the dull tools stay dull and nearly useless unless you have a grinding wheel or pay someone to sharpen them, which is a pain. I was glad this tool came sharp. The head was in a plastic cover so it was safe. Next, it really works well to weed and to chop small seedlings. I am very pleased with it and wish I had had it earlier in the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for weeds, June 30, 2013
This review is from: KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama (Lawn & Patio)
It is very well made. The steel blade does not rust. The handle is well balanced. One caveat..I am left handed, it is designed to be used in the right hand. Hey, I am used to that. Suggestion, it is brown and easy to lose in the garden. I wrapped some orange duct tape around the handle, so now I don't misplace it. Be sure to wipe it down with a cloth after use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect tool!, June 15, 2013
This review is from: KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama (Lawn & Patio)
I rarely write reviews, usually when I consider a product extremely unsatisfying or extremely satisfying. This tool is JUST F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C!
Although it does not appear to be very sharp it cuts through the toughest weeds easily. It is much smaller than I expected it to be, which has the advantage that it reaches also difficult spots, between stones for example. Very easy to use, I got a lot of work done in a short time. I absolutely recommend this product.

KNK-MT211 ARS Weeding Sickle - Nejiri Kama