Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

• Customer Reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 24, 2011
First let me say that the front of my new Archer bathtub does not bow out,
the drain pops fully open when you push lightly on it when it is closed, and it
is square and plumb at the corners.

I too did hold the drain open for a minute at first and then realized that if you push it down lightly it pops fully open and drains rapidly, being a nice large sized drain. I also understand why a reviewer here thought it bowed out in front.
The front edge on top has a slight bevel to it to allow water to run back into the tub
instead of outward onto the outside wall of the front of the tub, and at first
installation when you realize this you think it is because the front panel of the
tub curves out causing the top front edge to bend oddly but it does not. It is done
deliberately so that any water that hits the top front edge of the tub runs back into
the tub. The front of the tub is flat and very pretty.

This tub is deep enough to cover yourself completely with water when you slide down,
or let you sit more upright in an incredibly comfortible position with your back against
it and your arms resting on the small armrests. In spite of the armrests being narrow
they function flawlessly as comfortible armrests in this position, since the water holds
and supports your arms mostly. Only my elbows touch the armrests.
The comfort of the tub is perfect. The look of the tub is beautiful and I'm not
exagerating. I have it in white and it's gorgeous.

I love how the drain is right at the top to allow the water to come up almost to the top.
It is very shiney and slippery, which makes it dangerous to stand in but very easy to
clean. No dirt of soap scum sticks to it and I rinse it after each bath with the
handheld shower and my hand by rubbing it clean easily. The one thing you need to consider
carefully with this tub is this, that it is extremely slippery. I won't be using this for
showers since we have a separate shower but if you need to take showers in it you will
probably need something to stand on to keep from falling.

I am very picky about things like this and cannot find anything at all to complain about.
I wanted the perfect extra deep tub and found it.
I am delighted with this and happy I chose it. Don't hesitate to buy it, you
won't be sorry. It is deep, comfortible, beautiful and perfect.

edit: I had this professionally installed. It was put into an extra small alcove with drywall on all sides. The plumbing area had to be opened up by cutting a large hole in the drywall from the other side of the wall from where the faucet is.

Also, since my area was actually a couple of inches too short, the wall at the end of the tub had to have the 2 X 4's removed where the tub goes. It took superhuman effort to manuever this into the alcove by the plumber but it finally went in. It was pushed and pryed into postition, but still, it does not bow out in front and sits level even without a mortar bed. Hope this helps. I got this sight unseen since it sounded like just what I wanted, and it is. I do recommend professional installation unless you are really experienced.
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2014
This is the best bath tub I have ever been in, ever. It is so deep that when it is full I can submerge my shoulders. I bought it for the price, but was amazed when it was installed. It is also light and easy to handle. I am short, so it may not accommodate others in quite the same way, but it is still amazingly deep.
on September 12, 2013
I tried out the 72 inch by 36 inch archer in a showroom and that was the most comfortable tub I have ever been in. Due to the size of my bathroom I had to go with the 60 inch by 32 inch sight unseen. I do love this tub but I wish it had a 34 inch width size to give you just a little more room.
on September 18, 2014
Replaced the builder's grade tub that came with my new home. Great choice in tubs. You can actually soak in it and is comfortable. I am 5'6", my wife is 5'11" and it is comfortable - not at the same time though. I have no complaints at all and would buy it again without hesitation.
on November 30, 2014
Great soaking tub for the price. Second time we've used it in a renovation and we would use it again.
on April 24, 2014
I didn't realize that the delivery date was a week later than I had wanted when I placed my order for tub. I immediately contacted Amazon and was able to get it here on time. The tub is beautiful and deep, a 1000% upgrade from its horrible cast iron predecessor.
on June 20, 2013
No issues with the tub - it looks good and is as expected. I only wish it had come with the overflow drain - that has to be bought separately
on March 14, 2015
Beautiful, deep soaking tub. Easy for my husband (an accomplished diy-er) to install. He did something different than the directions indicated for the drain which he felt made it easier. We replaced a tub shower insert. Husband built the tub frame from specs and tub fit perfectly. Not the deepest soaking tub available (American Standard makes one with 18" depth instead of Kohlers 15") but we got this one for a steal due to an open package, and this tub is comfortable and more than just adequate.
on May 4, 2015
Very narrow but other then that a great tub for the price.
on September 20, 2015
This tub is perfect. It's exactly what we wanted.