5.0 out of 5 stars I am amazed...
Published on July 2, 2007 by Chicago Lawn

3.0 out of 5 stars Our cats love it when it's filled with catnip
When it's freshly filled with catnip, our cats love it -- they toss it all over the place. However, when the catnip has been inside the squirrel for more than 20 minutes, they couldn't even be bothered by the squirrel. So, it's definately the catnip they like and not the squirrel by itself.
Published on November 12, 2007 by Kumara

5.0 out of 5 stars I am amazed..., July 2, 2007
Chicago Lawn "Spyke" (South side of Chicago) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KONG Squirrel Catnip Toy (Misc.)
I have a kitty that I adopted at the local Animal Welfare League where she'd been abandoned with a note saying her previous owner had passed away and she (the cat,) needed a new home. She's almost six years old, had been declawed, and had no desire to play with anything other than to bite me whenever the mood struck her. Now, however, she -LOVES- to play with her squirrel, tossing it, stalking it, chasing it, doing the old rear paw burn out with it, so I have to say that I am impressed. It's the first thing she looks for in the a.m. when she wakes up, even before nagging me for her morning food. I'd bought her freshly cut catnip, fresh-growing catnip and some of the packaged stuff and she ignored it all. Since I put some of the cheap, dry stuff into the squirrel's catnip pouch, she has even learned to enjoy the catnip. I'm happy for her, as she had done little other than sleep and eat since I adopted her. She's finally being a kitty again.

5.0 out of 5 stars We Call Him Secret Squirrel, February 15, 2007
This review is from: KONG Squirrel Catnip Toy (Misc.)
I have two cats and they both love Secret Squirrel. He has a velcro tummy that you can open up and stuff full of catnip. He comes with two little catnip "tea bags" to stuff in him, but my cats prefer the loose leaf catnip inside him. That way if you give him a good rub between your hands the catnip is refreshed and smells new. They like to carry him all over the house and toss him in the air. It's definitely one of their favorite toys. They also enjoy the chipmonk version of the same toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Felines Favorite Toy, June 11, 2006
C. wetherholt (belford, new jersey United States) - See all my reviews
I have two tomcats,one Feral ,the other Domestic,

Both love this Toy,

They spend hours throwing and then chasing the Squirrel,The domestic cat carry's his around constantly,The only Bad is that they love this item so much I have had to replace them within months as both cats tear them up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our cats (all 12 of them) gave it a "4 out of 5 paper bags" score, August 8, 2007
This review is from: KONG Squirrel Catnip Toy (Misc.)
We rescue cats and thus have become somewhat knowledgeable on cat toy preferences. Basically they are as diverse as humans, just don't respond well to advertisements and how much it costs, nor do they worry about what the cats next door have. Ours are the type who may turn their noses up at a $40 toy and play for hours with the paper bag it came in...hence the "5 paper bags" score. With regards to Dr. Noys Cat Squirrel all but 3 of our cats spent considerable time bitting, kicking, throwing, dragging and slobbering on this toy. Therefore they gave it 4 paper bags and since they do not believe in a perfect cat toy we figured that was worth 5 stars on Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars There are catnip toys, and then there's Dr. Noys Cat Squirrel, October 12, 2007
This review is from: KONG Squirrel Catnip Toy (Misc.)
I could write a lot of frilly words, but suffice it to say that this toy has to be hidden in a cabinet with a latch. The cats go bonkers for this hideous little bundle of fluff, and I have ordered additional squirrels to avoid territorial fights over who gets to kill it next. I have actually seen the thing fly past my knees while I was sitting on a chair reading, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when my semi-feral runt breaks its neck. Fun days.

5.0 out of 5 stars We luv this toy, June 21, 2007
This review is from: KONG Squirrel Catnip Toy (Misc.)
Our kitten Henry was really the first to notice "mr squirrel" even though we had the squirrel toy for a year before we had Henry, as well as several other Dr. Noys toys like this for cats. Henry carries Mr.S all over the house. The funny thing is he and our beagle boy play with it, its like a game as to who has the squirrel. Sadly the original Mr. S went to the great kitty toy heaven when after 5 months of this game the beagle finally figured out the right way to tear him open. But in true fashion we had a spare on hand as we were terrified something may happen to Mr. S and kill their game.
This is a great product, tough, durable, and cute. We have also since bought "Nuts" the Mr Noys dog version of the squirrel that squeaks. And in real life the squirrel doesn't look quite so odd like in the Amazon pic, it doesn't look nearly as road kill-ey. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Toy, September 4, 2007
This review is from: KONG Squirrel Catnip Toy (Misc.)
We have two cats. They enjoyed this toy a lot...for about ten minutes. That's actually quite a lot for these cats. Just like most cats they have short attention spans. They definitely did not ignore it -- one of them tossed it up in the air a few times and the other one attacked it in a very playful manner! They do go back to this toy on occasion and play with it again. Generally it was a pretty good hit. As for quality of the product, it appears to be safe -- no loose parts and good construction. The pouch for the catnip appears to be secure (the cats have not opened it yet). It was shipped very quickly and came in excellent condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat goes nuts for the squirrel!, July 1, 2007
J. Kennedy (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KONG Squirrel Catnip Toy (Misc.)
Admittedly, my cat will play with anything. She paid rapt attention when I was opening it and was attacking it and batting it around right away, trying to eviscerate the catnip from the squirrel's pouch with her hind legs. Great for a curious kitty; maybe not so exciting for an older and more dignified cat.
Follow-up: January 2008: My cat still prefers this toy to any other, with loose catnip in the pouch. She has gotten the tail off one of her other rodent-like toys but not this one. It's really well made. I didn't buy her anything for Christmas because her newest thrill is playing paw hockey with a macadamia nut (in the shell) on the kitchen floor.
February 2009: This is still my psycho kitty's favorite toy. She never gets tired of it. For Christmas I gave her some catnip in a lunch bag and watched her destroy it, but she hasn't torn the squirrel apart yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats LOVE this squirrel!, November 10, 2007
L. Meyer (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KONG Squirrel Catnip Toy (Misc.)
My cats absolutely LOVE this squirrel! However, I made the mistake of only buying one for my two cats. They were both intruiged when it arrived and my dominant cat took ownership of it immediately. Now I'm buying another one so they both can enjoy this coveted cat toy. I highly recommend this for any cat-household!

4.0 out of 5 stars Snuggle Buddy Only, January 16, 2008
This review is from: KONG Squirrel Catnip Toy (Misc.)
Sadly my cat does not play with this toy. He will however use it for a pillow quite frequently. He is very respectful with it, almost like he thinks it's a small animal and he's afraid of hurting it. I wish he would play with it though :-( I am giving this toy a good rating because I know cat toys are hit or miss depending on your cat's personality and it IS a well constructed, attractive toy. I have a large British Short Hair (15 lbs) and I think if he CHOSE to play with it, he wouldn't destroy it immediately.

KONG Squirrel Catnip Toy