5.0 out of 5 stars Fun tug and pull toy
I purchased the Pet Stix from one of the large chain stores a couple weeks ago (I believe they had a deal with Kong and were allowed distribution rights a month or two before everyone else). I couldn't be happier and nor could my dog.

Published on July 6, 2010 by Stephen Lerch

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY disappointed in quality
Published on January 9, 2011 by sam twitter

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY disappointed in quality, January 9, 2011
sam twitter (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KONG Pet Stix Dog Toy, Large (Colors May Vary) (Misc.)
I have purchased many toys for my dog and many Kong toys. I have trusted the Kong name up until I received the stuffed Stick - it is overstuffed and ready to burst. The fabric that looks durable, is actually very easy for a dog's tooth to poke and once it pokes, the stuffing pops out. I have re-sewn it multiple times to hold it together on the first day my dog had it, but I give up.

Even though my dog loves it, I hate it. It makes a mess and fell apart instantly.

I cannot believe Kong would put their name on such an inferior product. I wish I could get my money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun tug and pull toy, July 6, 2010

The quality is typical Kong quality (high). This toy is NOT, however, Kong rubber. It is a stuffed nylon toy. It is meant as a supervised toy and not for chewing. If your dog chews this he will get to stuffing which would, even if it is natural fibers inside, not be a good idea to let him/her ingest. So as the package states, it's a tug/pull/toss toy, not a chew toy like the Kong rubber toys.

My Shetland Sheepdog has the Large sized Stix (14.5 inches) and this Stix is probably slightly too large for him, however he has fun chasing it and watching him carry it back to me, or try to carry it back, is priceless. We both have a lot of fun with this one.

I'm not sure of their weight recommendations for this toy. My dog is approaching 20 lbs and won't grow too much further in terms of height and body shape but will get to be about 25-30 lbs. This toy will be too big for him even full grown and at 25 lbs. You may want to try and view the toy and relative sizes at a brick and mortar pet shop before ordering on-line, or be prepared to ship back for return to Amazon if you buy from here.

Good quality and my dog really enjoys it. Hopefully yours will as well!

1.0 out of 5 stars No match for an active puppy, February 6, 2011
Thia cute toy lasted ten minutes. My 9 month old dog had every "limb" pulled off this toy and all the stuffing spread on the floor in ten minutes

1.0 out of 5 stars A stick for kindling, not for your dog, January 9, 2011
Claudia Goldin (Cambridge, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KONG Pet Stix Dog Toy, Large (Colors May Vary) (Misc.)
A bought this product because of the Kong name. But it does not have any of the fine qualities of other Kong products. It is easily pierced by a dog's teeth as soon as the dog picks it up. Even though my Golden Retriever is a soft-mouthed dog, he immediately pierced the material when retrieving it. We were not using the toy for chewing or for tugging (it is not meant for either). This stick has no use, except perhaps as kindling. Don't get it.

1.0 out of 5 stars not durable, December 28, 2010
Regina (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KONG Pet Stix Dog Toy, Large (Colors May Vary) (Misc.)
I purchased this toy for my 20lb boston. Within 10 minutes, he had chewed a hole right through the outer material and pulled out the stuffing. Not at all what I expected from KONG.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves it, but the stix isn't as durable as I hoped, January 24, 2011
JaneStClaire (Denver, CO, USA) - See all my reviews
My dog LOVES this toy. I thought the Kong Stix would be made of the same rubber as other kong toys, but it is a skinny cloth tube that is stuffed with some kind of poly-fill. Unfortunately, after only 24 hours my dog managed to chew a little hole in one of the limbs of the stick, and he is slowly de-stuffing the toy and shredding the "limb" of the stick. We still allow him to play with it while supervised, but I fear it won't last too long since he loves it so much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not For Big Time Chewers, February 18, 2013
This review is from: KONG Pet Stix Dog Toy, Large (Colors May Vary) (Misc.)
I received this last week...my lab mix had a hole in it in 5 minutes. It's well made, but packed very tightly and can be chewed open in no time...but my do loves it..sad face!

3.0 out of 5 stars Destroyed in one day, January 25, 2013
I have a feisty Boston Terrier that is a medium biter. While supervised, he ripped a hole on one side of the toy. We sowed it back and he opened the other side within an hour. I've come to expect better from Kong and hope this is not a repeated problem. I gave it three stars because my dog seemed to enjoy it well enough but the durability problem is significant.

1.0 out of 5 stars 10 Minutes Is All It Lasts, February 7, 2014
L. Silver (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KONG Pet Stix Dog Toy, Large (Colors May Vary) (Misc.)
I should have learned from the reviews here. Less than 10 minutes is probably more like the actual time before this toy was destroyed. It took another 5 minutes for all the stuffing to be spread around the house. I'll say one thing, they really did pack that stuffing in there tight. When it comes out, it's about ten times the size of the original toy.

DO NOT BUY THIS TOY if your dog is a chewer!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, January 21, 2013
This review is from: KONG Pet Stix Dog Toy, Large (Colors May Vary) (Misc.)
Kong products typically last a long time. Iur dog shredded this thing in less than 30 minutes. It is stuffed with a synthetic fiber that is obviously not good for the dog.

KONG Pet Stix Dog Toy, Large (Colors May Vary)
$10.49 $6.78