4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great On Vinyl
Published on March 29, 2010 by Ken Fontenot

1.0 out of 5 stars Tried on Stucco Siding, No Effect
We purchased this product to clean the EIFS stucco siding of our house to rid of algae. We followed the instruction in every step but it has no effect at all. What a waste of money and time.
Published on April 28, 2012 by Moon River

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great On Vinyl, March 29, 2010
This review is from: KRUD KUTTER HW32H House Wash, 32-Ounce (Tools & Home Improvement)
I've lived in my current home for almost two years now. The area that I live in is fairly wide open and there are very few trees to block the forces of nature that can make a home look very dirty in a short amount of time. My house quickly took on a dull look as dust, dirt, and mud took their toll on my vinyl. Having washed my house a few times already with a number of cleaning products not specifically designed to clean homes, I set out to find a product that was meant just for this purpose.

What I quickly found was that most house cleaning products are of the pressure washer kind. Not being a fan of pressure washing, I was relieved to find Krud Kutter's House Wash at a local department store. After attaching it to my water house, I started on the south side (the cleanest side) and tested the recommended five to ten minute soaking period. It worked pretty good. Much like the bottle states, though, I did need to use a brush on a few tough spots. From their I tackled the east side of my home. This particular area has the most nooks and crannies, and Krud Kutter lived up to its name by getting in places that my brush couldn't as good as I'd have liked it to. The north side of my home is the dirtiest, being almost always exposed to wind. With minimal elbow grease, I managed to clean it in no time flat. The west side of my house gave me very little problems as well.

After cleaning the whole house, I was surprised at how much the vinyl really shined. My home looked brand new again. The white vinyl was super bright and the darker tan vinyl was beautiful.

Krud Kutter promises no miracles with their product. If you simply want to clean your home without using a brush and hope that soap will eat away all of the dirt and grime, you're in for a surprise. Even using a pressure washer, most people have to go back and clean a lot of areas where the pressure just doesn't do the job.

I highly recommend Krud Kutter House Wash to anyone who wants a professional looking wash of their home without the use of detergents that will eat away at your vinyl's color. It won't punch a hole in your vinyl either like a pressure washer might do if used incorrectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great, but you have to follow the instructions!, July 17, 2012
I just used Krud Kutter House Wash on my tree-surrounded vinyl-and-brick home, and was very pleased with the results. Because the main part of my house is 200-year-old brick that's been painted countless times in the intervening years, pressure washing really isn't an option.

I did notice, however that my results got MUCH better after I read the directions. The print is very small, but worth getting your specs out for. It's important to rinse the vinyl first and then spray the product on and let it sit 10 minutes before rinsing it off. It's also important (I'm telling on myself here, but in the interest of service to humanity ...) to make sure that you have the nozzle set properly on "rinse" or "wash" for each phase. Things went much better after I got that sorted!

There were a couple of tough mossy spots on the north side where I had to resort to a soft brush, but compared to getting up on a ladder with an awkward telescoping brush, a leaky hose connection and bleach solution? I found Krud Kutter House Wash VASTLY superior. I was done with one side of the house in about 20 minutes.

One of the things I especially liked was that there was no smell, and that the nozzle spray was able to reach almost to the gutters on my second floor, so it gets much better reach than my hose nozzle alone. As a reviewer said earlier, the spray bottle works brilliantly!

Finally, I have sensitive skin and haven't noticed any reaction. The House Wash seems very mild; more mild, in fact than the original Krud Kutter (which I'd been considering using until I saw the house Wash and the cool sprayer and decided Krud Kutter's chemists are smarter than I am). The plants all seem unfazed as well.

Anyway, I'm buying a gallon refill. It's not a miracle, but it's way easier than anything else I've tried!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked pretty well on the RV, April 20, 2011
I know it's "house" wash, but an RV is a house on wheels... My RV had mildew spotting on it, and nothing else was working well, so I decided to try this stuff. I still had to brush with one of those soft, long-handled RV brushes to get things clean (it dried out faster than 10-15 minutes soaking time), but it made the job a lot easier than RV soap had done. I had tried RV soap and a firm brush, but that was hard work and slow going (though better than the soft brush w/RV soap). Spic and span and a pressure washer worked okay, too, but chalked off some of the finish. So I was happy to find that this simple hose-end wash did the job with a whole lot less elbow grease than the alternatives.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't looking for a miracle..., July 14, 2009
After buying my first house this year, I didn't have much hope for the old cedar shingles where a bunch of rose bushes were trailing directly up the shingles for God knows how long. After cutting down the unruly bushes, I found the shingles to be dark & moldy and the grime was pretty much set in.

I used the Krud Kutter as directed and was very pleasantly surprised. Although it did not make the shingles look new, it did a great job of getting off most of the caked on moss & mold.

I would definitely recommend to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tried on Stucco Siding, No Effect, April 28, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars It did okay, May 9, 2014
Product got rid of mildew on some areas of the house, but not so well on others, which I then had to pressure wash off. Pobably will not get product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars KRUD KUTTER HW32H House Wash, 32-Ounce, October 2, 2013
These hose spray bottles of KRUD KUTTER HW32H House Wash, 32-Ounce, serve my need to get green mold off of some walls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, September 6, 2013
This works good. Just a little scrubbing on the tough spots. I bought two bottles and will likely need two more to finish my rancher. May not need as many the next time if I keep it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., June 19, 2013
I took the time to read the directions before starting and the stuff works great. Like the directions said, I used a stiff deck brush to go over some of the worst areas first to remove any loose stuff, then wet everything down on rinse, before switching to clean, going from the top down to the bottom. I let it set for ten minutes, then rinsed it all off. Some of the stubborn mildew stains required a second application and stiff brushing. I waited another ten minutes, and then rinsed. I am quite pleased with the results.

1.0 out of 5 stars dissatisfied user, June 7, 2013
I used Krud Kutter House wash on the north side of my house to remove mildew.
Followed the directions and noted that nothing happened when I rinsed. Had to subsequently get a scrub brush to
remove the mildew. Used the rinse function to get rid of remaining mess. Definitely not
pleased with this product. Bleach, water and scrub brush are much cheaper and work better.

KRUD KUTTER HW32H House Wash, 32-Ounce