5.0 out of 5 stars Just like a typical British kettle - excellent!
Published on June 25, 2006 by Ruth Gill

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy kettle, lousy company
This kettle never worked correctly from the start. I had to repeatedly press the "on" button to get it to bring water to a boil, as it would shut off prematurely. When I finally got tired of dealing with that, I sent it into Krups authorized repair. When I got it back, it was no better than when I sent it in. They did nothing to repair it.

After complaining to...
Published on July 2, 2007 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like a typical British kettle - excellent!, June 25, 2006
Ruth Gill (Baltimore, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KRUPS FLF2J1 Cordless Electric Kettle, White (Kitchen)
As a Brit living in America I spent years boiling the water for my tea on the stove top, as none of the (very few) electric kettles available in the shops looked any good - certainly not up to the standard of a typical British kettle that could be purchased for a fraction of the price back home. Finally I decided to look online and see if I could find a decent kettle there and, after doing extensive research, I settled on this Krups kettle as being the best model available in the US for a decent price. The best thing about it is that it has 1750 watts of power (more than any other kettle I found available in the US), which means that it compensates somewhat for the lower voltage in the US and actually boils almost as quickly as a British kettle. The minimum amount of water you're supposed to boil at one time is 2 cups, and this boils in just under two minutes. However, since I am usually just making just one cup of tea at a time, I often boil just one cup of water and this takes 1 min 8 secs and doesn't seem to harm the kettle, as the base is fully covered by the water. I also save loads of time when cooking pasta now by boiling the water in the kettle first before pouring it into the pot and adding the pasta. This is also much more energy efficient. I have owned the kettle for about three months and have used it daily, and it has not caused me any problems at all. I would highly recommend this item - especially for all you tea drinkers out there fed up with more antiquated methods of boiling water!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy kettle, lousy company, July 2, 2007
This review is from: KRUPS FLF2J1 Cordless Electric Kettle, White (Kitchen)

After complaining to Krups itself, I received an email promising to replace the kettle. I sent the broken kettle in to Krups, as per their instructions. After waiting many weeks, it never arrived. I again complained to Krups, and this time actually got a phone call from a representative who said the kettle would be mailed out "soon". That was months ago, and it never arrived. I've written off this kettle and Krups, for that matter. My only regret is that Amazon's rating system doesn't allow "zero" stars. This doesn't even rate a "1".

I for one will never buy another Krups product. They apparently don't stand behind their products with anything but empty promises. Lousy kettle, lousy company.

4.0 out of 5 stars initial not staying on issue fixed, March 29, 2006
Dr.J.A.P. (Chicagoland, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KRUPS FLF2J1 Cordless Electric Kettle, White (Kitchen)
I had the same issue as the person who bought it for their grandmother. I called Krups, and they gave me the number of a local repair place. I called them and the repair guy told me to turn the on off button on and off like 6 times and try again.

This time it worked perfectly.

He said there is a thermestat in there that sometimes gets stuck in shipping, and I should contact them again if any other issues pop up.

edit: the problum popped up again, we tried to unstick it but found we kept having to do it over and over. Contacted the Krups repair and they sent us a replacement item for FREE. The replacement one works perfectly and has now for over a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Never Again Use Stovetop to Boil Water, September 22, 2005
This review is from: KRUPS FLF2J1 Cordless Electric Kettle, White (Kitchen)
An Electric Kettle is the only way to boil water. Stovetops (electric or gas) take much longer, create more heat, waste energy and require monitoring. The Krups FLF2-JI is by far the best product available and well worth the extra cost. There is no "coil." The solid but lighweight "pitcher" sits on a stand and is removed when the water is ready. There is no heat emanating from the pitcher surface. Simply pressing a button starts the water boiling. A green light goes on and then automatically shuts off with a "click" when the water has boiled. The design and balance could not be more ergonomic and user friendly. It is aesthetic and wlll enhance any kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars top of the line, November 20, 2005
Barrett (New England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KRUPS FLF2J1 Cordless Electric Kettle, White (Kitchen)
Great kettle - very happy with purchase. If you're considering this item, you won't be disappointed. It's very, very quiet and heats up very fast. No parts become too warm. This is a great looking appliance (yes, the white looks good - it's not the bright, cheap looking white). Solid quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best on the Market!, December 9, 2005
This review is from: KRUPS FLF2J1 Cordless Electric Kettle, White (Kitchen)
We have owned this kettle for about 7 years and it has worked perfectly many times a day. Other brands do not include the coil-less feature, the lid that comes off completely to make refilling fast & easy, the good looks or the total reliability. This is worth every penny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very low quality. Aviod this model, June 30, 2010
kievite (Budd Lake, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KRUPS FLF2J1 Cordless Electric Kettle, White (Kitchen)
I owned previous model for many years and it was an excellent kettle. This one is an overpriced junk.

First of all after less then a year of very light use it started leaking water where the bottom of the handle is attached to the pot.

Also the design of the lid required better quality of assembly and/or parts. With the current quality it stacks in a such position that you can not turn it to open or close position. You can get it out using knife, but this is really bad quality of parts as my previous Krupp kettle served several years without any problems.

The smell of plastic diminished with time, but remains pretty strong for the whole life of the kettle.

Avoid this product. For the same price you can get a better stainless steel unit although all of them are assembled in China. So it is better to buy it in a real shop so that you can return it quickly if unit is defective.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, January 6, 2010
This review is from: KRUPS FLF2J1 Cordless Electric Kettle, White (Kitchen)
I am about to return the fourth kettle I have received in about seven months. The first one worked fine for maybe three months and then died. The second didn't work straight out of the box. The third one worked for about two months. This last one again didn't work straight out of the box. This time I'm going to ask for a refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable, January 11, 2007
This review is from: KRUPS FLF2J1 Cordless Electric Kettle, White (Kitchen)
I use this daily, and it is one of the most useful things in my kitchen. When I bought it, I was skeptical that paying for a gadget just to heat up water made sense, but it is really useful for tea, cooking, coffee in a french press, and other uses. It heats up very quickly, and is tidy on the countertop. I would prefer stainless steel however, to the plastic, and will upgrade one day soon.

Updated: After using the Krups for over a year, I decided to upgrade to a Breville stainless steel model. I loved how fast and reliable the Krups was, but the plastic was beginning to bother me and I picked the Breville over the Krups stainless based on the recommendation of the salesperson on Breville's reliability. I still think either would be a very useful purchase for anyone who drinks tea regularly, or uses a french press.

1.0 out of 5 stars Premature switch off, February 25, 2006
This review is from: KRUPS FLF2J1 Cordless Electric Kettle, White (Kitchen)
This was purchased for my 85 year old mother-in-law and it doesn't work. The button that you push to turn it on always switches off before the water is boiling. If you want hot water one must stand and hold the button down till the boiling occurs.

I wouldn't buy this brand.

Rate and Discover Movies