on October 21, 2013
Verified Purchase
I love this machine. It's simple to use, well constructed, reasonably priced and makes great espresso. What more can you say about a product.

Okay, the downside is that as often happens Krups stopped making the Bravo 871.

If you can find one new or used and you love your espresso as I do you won't be disappointed by buying one.
on April 23, 2014
Verified Purchase
This is to replace the same Krupps item I've had for years and use every day, trouble free until recently when the interior of the lid broke.
on October 13, 2014
Verified Purchase
The first time I bought a Krups Bravo 871 it was great but after many years it died on me so I bought the same one again but it say it was used and to me I think it brand new,thank you.
on April 3, 2010
I've had the 871 model for several years now and have made a perfect espresso-cappuccino every time.
I lost the bottom plate that the carafe sits on and broke the carafe some time back. I almost Bought a DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Machine on an auction site but glad I didn't as even though it had positive reviews, it (the DeLonghi)has some drawbacks. The gap between spout and shot glass is barely adequate, Shape and length of wand is wrong for getting frother deep into milk, Wand is too low to fit easily, even in small frothing pitcher. Though the DeLonghi has great reviews, I decided to stick with the tried and true 871.

Now if you desire to steam your milk in the 871, there are a couple of steps one has to go through.
You have to remove the cup that holds the grounds and place a metal plate over the receptacle that held the grounds to divert the steam to the foaming spout; and refill the boiler with water. Positive note; you can make all the steamed milk your heart desires.

Thought the 871 is a dated design and this is the only one I've ever owned so I see no reason to risk purchasing another make and or model that I may not be happy with.

Update: I just purchased A Nespresso C100-US-AERO Essenza Automatic Single-Serve Espresso Machine with Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother; which I'm afraid the Krups seems so 1980's in technology; then again, The Krups is still a good little machine compared to others in it's same price range.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations