4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Ka-Bar ZK-Death Dagger Knife (Sports)
Even though this line is made in Taiwan, the product is true to Ka-Bar's standard of excellence. Great quality, finely made, and very durable. Highly recommended for anyone who likes Ka-Bar branded products.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, but there are better knives for the money, July 27, 2011
Stephen H. Poor (Booneville, Arkansas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ka-Bar ZK-Death Dagger Knife (Sports)
I just received my ZK "Death Dagger." I wouldn't exactly call this design a dagger, and I could do without some of the marketing hype, but it does seem to be a very functional and well-made knife.

I had originally planned to remove the green handle scales and replace them with the supplied black scales, but they aren't as hideous as I'd feared, they make it easy to spot the knife if I drop it, and I already have so many black-handled knives that the green is actually a nice change. The supplied sheath is to my liking and includes a little bit of green paracord to match the handles and a generous pouch with a drawstring that could be used for lots of different stuff.

I haven't used the knife yet, but it seems plenty sharp, much like other Ka-Bar knives. The point is not wholly suitable for thrusting, and since this is billed as a "dagger" and a combat knife, well that just won't do. The handle scales are some kind of hard plastic. Not hard like Zytel. They feel sort of like a tupperware container or something similar. I was expecting a soft, Kraton-like surface that would be a little "tacky" and provide a secure grip. I was disappointed. There isn't much give, and the texture is a little more slippery than I like. Under hard use, especially when your hands are wet, greasy, or bloody, this knife will probably squirm pretty badly. The handle is at least comfortable to hold. It is a very LARGE handle, even for my large hands. From the tip of my pinky to the tip of my thumb, it's 10" (25cm) when I spread my fingers, and THIS KNIFE'S HANDLE IS TOO LARGE FOR ME. The contours do allow several different gripping options, though.

The blade is thick and seems puperbly sturdy. The knife is a little heavier than I like, but balance is good and the weight isn't really a problem. It seems sufficiently fast to serve as a fighting knife, although I never think a fighting knife can be fast ENOUGH. . .

On the whole, while this seems like a good knife for camping, hiking, etc, I think most people would be better off with a USMC fighting knife from Ka-Bar. It's about the same money, a little lighter and more compact, and probably a more useful shape. Something like a Glock field knife would also likely serve better. The USMC sheath isn't as cool as the ZK sheath though, and while I love the Glock sheath, it has no extra storage onboard.

Another plus for the USMC knife is that it is made in USA, whereas the ZK "Death Dagger" is made in Taiwan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great knife, May 11, 2014
This review is from: Ka-Bar ZK-Death Dagger Knife (Sports)
Awesome knife comes sharp love the wieight of the knife and the feeling of the handle the blade has a nice coating on it that seems to hold up nicely

5.0 out of 5 stars great knife, August 4, 2013
This review is from: Ka-Bar ZK-Death Dagger Knife (Sports)
this blade is right uo there with kabar standards. but be careful!! it is razor sharp!!! it fell out of it's sheath, and left a nice cut on my elbow, and it barely touched me. but an absolutely a-ne knife

4.0 out of 5 stars Knife is good...., April 6, 2012
Bradford A. Harkness "Deadweezyl" (California, Missouri, Ohio, Korea and else where) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ka-Bar ZK-Death Dagger Knife (Sports)
The knife itself seems well made and has taken alot of abuse I've put it through. It didnt come as sharp as most KABA items do so I got it up to speed and started in on it. First the two story multiple dead drop unsheathed. Did just fine, didnt loose point or scuff much if any. I then took it and hacked wildly at some large wood branches that had fallen, took it well, seemed to hold the blade and it felt sturdy. The black handles are a must, the green are nice if you need something to easily see, but I swapped mine for the black ones- it is an easy process with an allen wrench. The reason I gave this 4 stars and not 5 is the sheath is garbage. it holds the knife, sure, but it is tight, hard to open and close and the green cording, though in line with the theme, a bad decision. If you could swap that cording it wouldn't be all so bad, but the quality of the sheath is very suspect. The little knife it comes with doesnt fit in there at all, and if you needed it for anything in a hurry, kiss you back side good bye because that little blade isnt coming out to help.

Id say its a neat knife and all, but get another regular KABAR instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Knife, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Ka-Bar ZK-Death Dagger Knife (Sports)
Works well in the woods. Check it out for yourself and like us at Facebook Third Coast Hog Dog Kennel and Hog Removal Services.
Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars ZK Death Dagger - Anti Brain Eater, October 11, 2011
This review is from: Ka-Bar ZK-Death Dagger Knife (Sports)
Let me start by saying that I was surprised that KA-BAR made a knife series based on killing the undead. I picked up the Death Dagger thinking its gotta be good. The sheath is made in china (no surprise)and has a small area where the belt loop attaches I'll have sewn better cause I'm not fond of it as is. Otherwise this sucker is awesome, Its got PALS straps so you can connect it to anything MOLLE, the front pouch can be stuffed with smaller gear..Don't over load it, that would add extra bulk to the profile and may cause it to tear. The sheath also holds a small It skeletonized utility/ skinning knife.
The Knife is great, a good heft and balance to it. I took it out and beat on some green tree limbs and it still has a razor sharp edge. The knife does come with extra screws and a set of black grip scales encase your not a fan of the toxic green ones, myself I left the green ones on and used loctite on the screws to make sure they stay in place as I slash and cut with the blade.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Death Dagger? Not sure name is one I would use?, September 2, 2011
D. Daniel "Mr Belge" (Palm Springs, CA area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ka-Bar ZK-Death Dagger Knife (Sports)
This is my 4th blade in the new ZK series, like my WarBlade, this knife is very well made, the blade is the same thickness, about 1.5 inch shorter, VERY sharp & feels great in my large hands, both scales were issued as stated. I doubt that it will ever see hard duties if any duties at all, it will reside in our little office with the rest of the collection, boy do I have blades in there LOL from swords to knives, to war clubs,spears & tomahawks! I like the creativity of Ka-Bar, this ZK series is great, the items are not toys but really well made weapons that could someday save some lives? The green handles will help folks keep track of their equipment. Now I have to wait a little bit more to order my last 2 pieces, Famine & Pestilence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasitc Design and Quality, July 21, 2012
This review is from: Ka-Bar ZK-Death Dagger Knife (Sports)
I am very happy with this knife, it is a good quality time with a thick blade and a sheath that will last a long time. I will be collecting the rest of the series as soon as possible.

Ka-Bar ZK-Death Dagger Knife