5.0 out of 5 stars The scrubbing bubbles got nothing on this stuff
Published on August 3, 2008 by Adam Kuhn

2.0 out of 5 stars It works, but has a lasting unpleasant odor
Published on October 11, 2010 by steely_dan_phan

5.0 out of 5 stars The scrubbing bubbles got nothing on this stuff, August 3, 2008
This review is from: Kaboom Shower, Tub & Tile Cleaner, 22 Oz Spray Bottle (Misc.)
I lived in the same apartment for two and a half years at college and the thought never crossed my mind that maybe one should "clean" the shower regularly. I mean really - it is water, I am washing myself with soap, how the heck does it get dirty anyway? Needless to say when the landlord sent an itemized list of charges with a shower cleaning rounded out at $100 I started to think maybe I should invest a few hours and make it pretty - Especially since I was already in the hole for using the wrong color of touch up paint in the living room.
A friend spoke highly of a product called Kaboom, so I was off to the store to pick some up. Upon arriving I was slightly confused... this unassuming purple bottle can't possibly be what he was talking about! A purple bottle and I think "hey look, its Sparkle glass cleaner"... I was looking for something with a skull and crossbones on the label indicating severe burns possible when it contacts skin. After all, it needed to melt through two years of soap scum and hard water stains.
Since Billy Maze endorses this stuff I figured I would give it a try.
Bottom line: Best tub cleaner on the planet. If it was able to clean the bathroom in 311 I am sure it can clean anything you can throw at it.

2.0 out of 5 stars It works, but has a lasting unpleasant odor, October 11, 2010
It works on my moderate hard water buildup. No obnoxious fumes? I disagree. This stuff is as bad as the well-known "Scrubbing Bubbles" product. But it works much better. I might buy it again but I'll be sure to light a scented candle to cover up the chemical odor. I doubt that I'd use it in the winter where I wouldn't want to open the window. Oh, and the spray bottle is junk too...leaks when spraying rapidly to cover the surface. Yes the cap was tight and undamaged.

1.0 out of 5 stars I prefer the origin of my asthma attacks to be a more interesting activity, August 19, 2012
After a mysterious looking mold began to appear, my enterprising boyfriend purchased a bottle of this product and went to town. The scum was successfully removed. Three days later (note that: THREE DAYS LATER) my apartment still smells like a rejected chemical factory, and this product did not come with a hazmat suit. There are meth labs with more subtle odor than this product. I have asthma, and have had to take my rescue inhaler ten times. We both went to sleep last night with screaming headaches. The smell is so potent I couldn't even put in contact lenses today -- and it's THREE DAYS later. We have windows open, two fans going, and have kept our front door open in an effort to air the place out. No dice. It just lingers, choking us. Do not invite this toxic nightmare into your home, unless you plan to clean and then abandon the place for three weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kaboom Oxi Cleaner, December 8, 2010
My wife bought this product and gave me the job to clean her shower build up. I am 72 years old and I have never smelled a cleaner this strong. It contains inorganic acid and surfactant. This does not tell you anything about the products that are used in manufacture because it could be any of many. I would guess that an odor this strong is not good for your health. It was strong enough to irritate my eyes and it made it difficult for me to breath. I did use rubber gloves to put it on with and I recommend you do the same. I am going to return the Kaboom product. Be careful in your chose of using the Kaboom shower, tub and tile cleaner. I hope this is helpful and will save you a trip back to the store where you purchased it. Norm

1.0 out of 5 stars Okay, it works but the smell is awful!, August 24, 2012
Cannot abide the odor.

It makes my bathroom smell like a public toilet....

Too bad, because the product works and leaves a clean finish.

1.0 out of 5 stars KEEP LOOKING!, October 28, 2013
I tried Kaboom Cleaner expecting great things. What I got was a cleaner that is no better than Fantastic or 409! What I did get was a smell that permeated my house (and not a lovely licac scent). It took hours of my windows being open and an air freshener to get rid of it. If you do try this cleaner WEAR GLOVES!!! My nails weren't salon great but they were very nice. Now they are broken and layered to the cuticle and are very slow growing back. My advice is to KEEP LOOKING for another cleaner unless you like horrid nails and an awful smell.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst cleaner ever, October 28, 2011
If I could give negative stars I would give it -100% The noxious fumes are highly allergenic causing instant throat and airway irritation, people who are asthmatic would probably need to go the ER after smelling this. Avoid at all costs. These people should be sued for false advertising as it causes the worst fumes ever !

4.0 out of 5 stars great for hard water stains, July 29, 2008
We have hard water problems so I bought this to clean my sinks. It removed all the hardwater stains from my sinks just beautifully. The only negative is, I found this to be too runny to work on shower walls and it takes a lot for that job. Another plus is the kaboom works great on car windshields that have hard water spots from leaky overhead pipes; for those who use a parking garage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, September 7, 2012
This product is dangerous.
I used it on my bathroom and even set a fan up at the door for ventilation and the fumes are so toxic that it literally choked me. Afterwards it made my nauseous and felt faint.
I will never purchase anything from that company again.

1.0 out of 5 stars NEVER AGAIN!!!, December 1, 2013
India Blue (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I just used this and came online to read reviews to see if others had the same experience. And they did. The fumes are horrible. When I first sprayed it around my tub I had to quickly leave the room as the fumes were overwhelming. I managed to get in long enough to scrub and rinse the cleaner away but now have the door to the room shut with the exhaust fan going as I try to remove the smell/fumes. I also have a headache and am feeling a bit lightheaded. I am considering packing up the bottle and sending it to the manufacturer. I will not use this ever again!