5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey But Worth Every Penny
I got the B+W 58mm Circular Polarizer MRC Filter a few months ago. I was so pleased with the results that when I got my Canon 17-55mm lens, I opted to go with a B+W again -- and B+W did not disappoint. This Käsemann filter works as claimed; it increases color saturation and reduces (and in some cases completely eliminates) reflection.

This filter is a...
Published on August 18, 2010 by MyBeesWax

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid Build but not much Polarization
I have used this lens filter for 3 weeks and feel the lens is solidly built and should last for many years. However, the polarization does not change dramatically on my Nikkor 85mm f1.4G lens. The richness of blue skies on my much cheaper Tiffen 77mm Circular Polarizer are much bluer and dramatic. This CP is not a good value considering the price paid vs. the results...
Published 18 months ago by RJM

‹ Previous | 18 9 1026 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, May 14, 2014
This review is from: B+W 77mm Kaesemann Circular Polarizer with Multi-Resistant Coating (Electronics)
I have two different lens filters from B + W and I am very happy with their products. They are more expensive, but the quality is amazing. I have purchased the cheaper filters and you can tell the difference in quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars B & W Polarizer, May 13, 2014
An excellent filter of good quality, works well. This item surpasses the normal filters of this type, and it is worth spending a little more to get the better quality. I would recommend this to any photographer .

4.0 out of 5 stars B+W is quality, May 11, 2014
I use to use another brand of filters, but I noticed that they're a bit flimsy. B+W makes quality products. Their glass is smooth without any dimples unlike on other filters that I've noticed. The rim holding the glass is hefty. It feels really well made. Once you pick up the filter, you will notice a considerable difference in weight if you were to compare it to other filters. The polarizer's quality is considerably more noticeable compare to other brands. It gives you a more natural feel. Pricey, but I highly recommend it if you don't mind spending the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best to own., May 8, 2014
It makes the pictures more soft and greater. I recommend for all the photographers own one of this B+W 77mm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colors really pop, May 4, 2014
I am rating this five stars for build, and performance. I used it for the first time yesterday for some prom pics and it really brought out the colors in the mid afternoon sun, as the 3pm sun tends to wash out colors, it was clear how well this filter performed from the very first shot. B&W is quality and if you can afford this item, get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars sunglasses for my photos, April 8, 2014
The skies are much bluer when using this polarizer and makes all my photos look nicer. I highly recommend all B+W filters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job as well as can be expected, April 4, 2014
If you use polarisers like I do, and you have any expensive lenses, what are you waiting for? Buy this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic results, March 30, 2014
I am a believer in a good glass filter to use on my $2500 lens. What a beautiful job this filter does. I would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great CPL, better than its Hoya counterpart., March 30, 2014
Great CPL filter and I didn't find the problem with unscrewing as in other reviews.
I bought a Hoya HD before, it seems to me this B+W lens provide finer adjustment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shake It Like a Polaroid Picture!!!, March 28, 2014
Purchased this CP filter for my NIKKOR 18-300 mm ED VR lens and its, in a word, AMAZING!!!

The filter is very dark so you do lose one or two stops - this is not going to be a problem if you correct your exposure and /or shoot in RAW format. That effect will be useful if you're shooting say, portraits in a studio and you want to use a wide aperture.

That said, the resulting color saturation, clarity and contrast while using this filter are out of this world! Vignetting shouldn't be an issue unless you're using wide angle lenses. Reflections are substantially reduced and in many cases completely eliminated. That's what you're paying for.

Definitely worth the expense if you've invested in good glass.

The filter does need to be cleaned thoroughly before use - there was some really thick lubricant smeared on the lens. No big deal to clean.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1026 | Next ›