From the Manufacturer
In an oven, where the temperature can fluctuate up to 50 degrees in a normal baking cycle, the ideal baking vessel should retain heat well enough to maintain an even temperature, yet it should not retain heat so well that a cake, bread, or cookie will burn in the time required for complete baking. Kaiser chose heavy-gauge steel as the base material for the La Forme collection, because it conducts heat gently and evenly, and produces the perfect balance necessary for a golden brown crumb on the outside of the cake and a perfectly baked, moist interior. Cakes and breads baked in La Forme pieces cook uniformly, and cookies baked on La Forme cookie sheets brown evenly and maintain their shape.
La Forme's heavy-gauge steel eliminates warping in every piece of bakeware. Select La Forme pans are manufactured with the cut- and acid-resistant Magnum coating. This allows the chef to cut baked goods in the pan.
Why is Kaiser Bakeware unique?
- Kaiser offers the broadest product range in the bakeware industry in both classic and creative shapes
- Known for bakeware innovations, Kaiser invented the springform pan--the "intelligent round cake pan"--and is the world's largest manufacturer
- Kaiser bakeware has been built to the highest standards of German craftsmanship for more than 85 years
- Kaiser bakeware is manufactured from steel base metal, which provides even and gentle heat distribution for even browning and baking
La Forme bakeware features
- Magnum cut-resistant or nonstick interiors offer ease of use and quick cleanup
- Heavy-gauge steel provides even and gentle heat distribution
- Leakproof bottom eliminates messy spills
- Superior springform buckle provides the perfect release of baked goods, and is guaranteed for life
Use and care
For best results, brush a very thin layer of butter or oil on the interior of the pan prior to each use. The butter guarantees perfect release and helps promote a smooth, tightly sealed crust, even browning, and good flavor. It isn't necessary to line the pan with expensive parchment paper, or to dust the pan with flour, which can produce an unattractive white crust on cakes and breads.
The La Forme pieces coated with the two-layer nonstick surface system are designed to provide a perfect release for baked goods that will be removed from the pan. Use of knives or sharp objects should be avoided, as they will damage the surface. However, pieces coated with Magnum are designed to withstand cutting. Any utensils, including sharp knives, can be used in the pan without damaging the surface.
Clean La Forme bakeware with hot water, soap, and a soft sponge or dishcloth. Avoid using abrasive cleansers. It is neither necessary nor recommended to put La Forme in the dishwasher.