Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on November 26, 2010
I bought this AC adaptor for my Kaito crank radio. The instructions with the radio say that three minutes of cranking would produce 6 hours of listening. With my old arms, three minutes of cranking produced 30 minutes of listening. So, I bought the AC adaptor to keep the radio charged.
on September 12, 2010
I read many reviews of "emergency" radios before buying the Kaito AD500. The AD500 had all the featires I was looking for, solar, crank, weather and short wave bands. There were quite a few bad reviews of the AD500 but I have found that with anything I have researched on the web. Some said they couldn't receive anything on different bands of the radio. I live in northeast Pennsyvania and found that I could receive signals fine on all bands including SW. There were complaints abount the crank being flimsy so the first thing I did right out of the box was to crank it up. It felt solid and gave it enough of a charge for me to check out all the features. I think bad products can get past the best quality control departments when they are made in great numbers. That doesn't excuse the problem but it happens. The job of any good company is to make good on these failures. I have not had any opportunity to deal with Kaito customer service so I can't comment on that. I find the Kaito Electronics Inc. AD500 to be a great "emergency" radio as well as an everyday radio. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because I haven't had a chance to use it in the field but I am confident that it will do everything as advertised.
on September 11, 2014
another required accessory for the kaito radio. it is beyond surprising that this is not included with the kaito radio. the radio required this to charge it the first time yet the instruction said it would charge sufficiently with the crank or solar...it didn't. it took nearly six hours on house current to charge the radio the first time (note that the instructions say that three hours is the maximum time required to charge the radio and any additional time may overcharge the radio...there is no auto shut off to the charging circuits!). the kaito radio is not a good purchase but the charger is fine as is the antenna.
on February 12, 2013
Bought this for my son to go with the emergency radio I gave him for his birthday which came right after Hurricane Sandy after which he had no power for 8 days. He keeps it plugged in with this adaptor at all times so the radio is fully charged 'just in case'.
on February 3, 2010
This is the usual A/C adapter but I found it is really needed with the Kaito Voyager KA500 series Radio. This saves the batteries and delays cranking until necessary.
on April 11, 2012
Kaito radio was a wonderful Christmas gift in 2011. Power loss for 3 days last July left me with no electricity or way to learn what was going on in our town. Now, with the AC adapter I can enjoy my music anytime without using up batteries so quickly. I'm ready for the next emergency in our town with my Kaito radio and charged batteries.
on June 18, 2010
This work very well, but it should come with the radio instead of needing to buy it separate. Which makes me wonder if Kaito really cares about it's customers. This is why only 3 stars.
on July 10, 2015
This is recommended for kaito weather radios. I thought I could use a 5 watt USB adapter and that took longer to charge. This ac adapter works like a charm. I have a kaito ka500 radio and it took 6 hrs to completely charge the internal battery with this adapter. I bought my radio used and just ordered a new kaito BT500 replacement battery and charged it up in 6 hrs with this charger.I recommend this charger if you buy the radio and it does not come with the ac adapter. Make sure when you use this adapter that you switch it to in instead of out, the in and out switch is by the head phone jack it is a little switch but needs to be switched to in when charging. But this works good!
on December 21, 2015
This is for the Kaito Voyager radio, supplying power to the rechargable batteries more quickly and easily that either the solar panel or the hand crank. Believe me, you will want one of these. The other methods do work in a desperate emergency, but keep your batteries charged in the meantime with this adapter. My only regret is that these should be one of the included accessories with the radio, in my opinion.
on November 4, 2014
Pug this little baby in after charging up the internal rechargeable batteries and disconnect them and you are set to run the radio on electric without bothering constantly charging or giving the internal battery a memory. I hate when that happens. Once a month I plug in my batteries to recharge or top off the charge then unplug them again if I don't need them. This way I can keep the radio on weather alert. I highly recommend this adapter.
Dawn