5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!
Published on May 21, 2012 by Kathryn Luedtke

3.0 out of 5 stars Makala Soprano Ukulele Bundle
Published on September 13, 2012 by John M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, May 21, 2012
This review is from: Kala KA-MK-S Makala Soprano Ukulele Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Instructional DVD, and Polishing Cloth
This is my first ukulele. It has a great sound and beautiful looking. Needs tuning at the beginning of playing it. This package did not come with the tuner it shows but with a shark tuner which is very easy to use. I am happy with the package but good for the buyer to be aware of. The ukue is starting to hold the tune longer the more I use it. I had an experienced player look it over and they commented what a great instrument it was. So I feel this was a good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Ukulele, July 3, 2012
This is my very first ukulele to get. I searched around looking at reviews and ect, and decided this would be pretty good.
I thought the bag and tuner that came with it would be cheesy, like the starter set I got with my Ibanez acoustic guitar. But I was happily surprised to find that the bag was very nice and padded, and the tuner was the fancier type, and not the one in the picture.The Ukulele is beautiful, although not unique, probably, I thought as I peeled of the 'made in china' sticker, because it was made in china. But it is very good quality and has a nice sound and I love it!!! Although I'm only 13, I know good stuff from crappy stuff, so take my word.The strings on the uke are that plastic-y kinda, and later I'll probably get new aquila strings on it instead, because I hear those are very good. I am very satisfied, which is good, considering I spent MY money on this ukulele haha. I hope this helps :)

~Hayley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ukulele, June 6, 2012
After doing a significant amount of research, I finally settled on this uke. This is my first ukulele and I have to say, it's great! The only thing I would recommend is getting better strings right off the bat. The ones that come with are fairly cheap and once I changed mine, I could really tell the difference. Shipping on this was super fast as well. Great Buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy daughter, March 19, 2013
My 15 year old daughter just HAD to have a Ukulele for Christmas,so we chose this one. It is great quality. Just beautiful. She has already learned how to play it, she did not use the DVD or instruction book at all, the sound is very nice. We made a good choice with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Fun, Fun, November 23, 2012
anamaria bustante (grants pass, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful instrument. I added Aquilla strings and the sound is great. It is easy to fun and easy to play. It arrived in less than a week after I ordered, was packaged well and is a great deal with the bag and tuner included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brand new to the uke!, November 5, 2013
Just started playing and learning, and it gave me everything I needed to get started. I am no expert on ukes, but this one has good sound as far as I can tell!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ukulele, June 28, 2013
Very nice for starting to learn. Everything in excellent shape and very prompt in shipping! Follow up on whether I got it and liked it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, November 9, 2013
My very first ukulele. Great tune, love how it came with a bag, tuner and a polishing cloth. Worth the purchase! Very very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars UkUlele madness., December 28, 2012
The instrument has a very nice tune. The tunner did not work well but for the price I was very pleased.

3.0 out of 5 stars Makala Soprano Ukulele Bundle, September 13, 2012
I bought the ukulele bundle for my mom's 82nd birthday. It makes me happy to see how stoked she is, plays it every day. While I'm satisfied completely with the instrument, the tuner is difficult to use. My sense about it is that it doesn't give good visual cues for finding the correct tone on each string. Since she had so much trouble using it, I went to the music store and bought her a tuner that has the name of each note displayed on a screen with an easy to read rangefinder to zero in on the correct tone. Now she can tune easily and is progressing in her lessons. In conclusion I would not have bought a bundled package, since I like the instrument yet do not like the tuner...