5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST travel potty!!!!
Published on December 30, 2007 by K. Salinger, MSN, FNP, RN AHN-BC

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't make my mistake--buy the Potette Plus, not this!
Published on December 5, 2010 by Marcy Smith

This review is from: Kalencom On the Go Potty, Blue (Baby Product)
I bought the fisher price on-the-go potty first because there were a few negative reviews about the much smaller potette (claims that it collapses, is flimsy, hard to use, too small, etc.)and the FP had a higher star rating. I later bought the potette for a trip and am so very glad I did! When it comes to travel it is FAR SUPERIOR than the big, bulky Fisher price travel potty!

The potette is very sturdy if you set it up correctly. You have to click the legs into place. If you set it up without them snapping into place - of course it will be wobbly and possibly collapse! It was set up wrong! When clicked into place the legs are super sturdy and the potette will hold up to 50 pounds. My daughter is 3 and weighs 36 pounds. She had no problems at all using this and I anticipate she will be able to use it till at least kindergarten. I don't get the previous comments about it being too small - perhaps if you have big, big kids it might be too small, but otherwise it's just fine!

We recently went on a cruise from Puerto Rico through the Southern Caribbean and this potty was a life-saver!! We went to many national monuments, botanical gardens, a volcano and other outdoor excursions where there were either NO public toilets, or they were super gross hole in the ground toilets. The pottette was the perfect solution in those situations! It is small and lightweight, so it fits in your purse or pack, sets up quick and stays clean. disposal of the used bags is easy because they have absorbent pads inside and you can tie them securely so that they won't make any messes until you find a trash can. The potette has a thick plastic bag it comes in, so you can even stick the used bag inside that with the potette till you find a trash.

A comparison between the Fisher-price on-the-go potty and the Potette:

This Fisher price one is big and sturdy, has it's own case, you can use plastic grocery bags or trash bags in it, etc. and it's great for keeping in the car for "kid potty stop emergencies". However, it is pretty bulky and would not be handy for any walking, hiking type excursions (I'm talking about walks and hikes in places where it would be inappropriate to let them potty in the grass/nature areas & where public toilets are either absent or gross).

The potette however, is perfect for such things - it's much smaller & lightweight, has handy bags with absorbent pads, and comes in it's own little bag. The pottette is maybe 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick and 7x7 inches when folded into its bag - easy to stick in your backpack or even a bigger purse. The Fisher price on-the-go potty is significantly bigger! When folded up into it's case it is about 12-14 by 12-14 inches in size and 5-6 inches thick. Won't fit in a purse at all, and would take up a lot of space in a backpack or suitcase if traveling. It does come with it's own handle and shoulder strap, but why lug such a big thing around when the potette will fit directly into your purse or pack? And the potette doesn't weigh anything at all while the fisher price might add an extra pound or two to your load.

If you're a stick to town & always use a stroller type person, the Fisher price may be great for you. If you're more of an active, get out and about, carry light & no stroller type the pottete is a much better choice for you. If you're a traveler the pottete is absolutely the best choice!

TAKE HOME MESSAGE: The FP potty-on-the-go is great for in your car and people who stick around town, but buy the potette for travel when it would be better to carry a lightweight kiddie potty on your person wherever you may go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable kids potty, January 17, 2007
This review is from: Kalencom On the Go Potty, Blue (Baby Product)
This potty is so small and easy to use on the go, making it an indespensable tool in potty training. It comes with a little carrying bag and folds up so small you can fit in in a small bag, a large purse, under a seat in the car, just about anywhere, so you can have it handy when kids need to go. This way kids being potty trained don't have to use large adult toilets in public restrooms if they aren't comfortable and they can use this anywhere, if there isn't a restroom nearby. The refill bags could get expensive so we just use generic plastic bags and they work fine too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't make my mistake--buy the Potette Plus, not this!, December 5, 2010
Marcy Smith (Durham, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kalencom On the Go Potty, Blue (Baby Product)
I accidentally bought this, when I meant to buy another Potette Plus. This is much flimsier, it doesn't stand up as securely as the Potette Plus. In addition, it cannot be used as a topper on top of a toilet. I am throwing it away and buying another Potette Plus. Do not make my mistake, do not buy this! For the extra couple of dollars you get the difference between and awesome product or a mediocre one. I honestly don't know why they even make this anymore. My first Potette Plus has been in heavy use for 18 mos now, and it is still going. We just want another one for the second car. Also, you don't need the refills--a plastic shopping bag and a cheap diaper make a great liner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing for potty training!!, November 7, 2007
I can't sing enough praises for this little potty! We have the Cool Gear travel potty as well, and although I like that one to leave in my jogging stroller for our daily outings (holds extra bags, underwear, wipes, etc.) my only complaint with that one is the size - WAY too big to fit in a diaper bag. This little potty, however, is perfect! I bought it in hopes that the other reviews were accurate and the size was true as depicted - I was so happy to open the Amazon box only two days before we headed out on a week-long backpacking trip with our potty learner! If you can see the photo on the product, it is a true representation of how small it really is. The little legs fold in for storage and the overall size is just big enough for a little toddler bum. It's small enough to fit in a medium-sized diaper bag, although we just toss it in the bottom of our stroller for daily shopping trips. I originally ordered the potty with a supply of the special Potette bags, but soon discovered the small trash bag/disposable nursing pad route works very well. I would purchase the Potette bags again for a specific trip only because they are packaged smaller than I could get the trash bags.

My daughter used this little potty on our trip and we were so glad we had it, considering there are no potties at the ruins of ancient cities (where we were exploring)! It is small enough that we were even able to let her use the potty during our time on the plane, right in between the seats (who wants to let your toddler peruse the airplane bathroom anyway??). No one ever noticed and it helped us to spring to action once the magic 'I need to pee pee' words were spoken. The little bag that comes with it is nice, but after so much use and abuse it has torn, but a gallon ziploc will do the trick from now on. My only other complaint is that the makers of the Potette potty haven't given me money for being a walking advertisement for their product all over Europe and Asia!

For only $10, this is definitely worth a try. I just wish I had bought this one before my Cool Gear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, but does the job, June 17, 2007
Yes, it's tiny. Not very comfy for long sits, but great for emergencies, or during potty training while out and about. My 5 yr old has even been known to use it in an emergency (fear of auto-flush toilets). It will easily fit in a diaper bag, although we mainly just keep it under the seat in the minivan for traveling.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the the road!, July 8, 2007
my son loves his little potty, though he has admittedly never sat on it. he just stands and pees in to it. he loves to pee onto the turtles on the absorbant pad so he rarely misses. it folds down very flat and the bags aren't bulky either, so it is very portable. it's a much cleaner alternative to a walmart bathroom!

UPDATE JULY 2008
my daughter is now potty training, and this has been a life saver. it's a little small for sitting on, but she hasn't fallen or missed. i love how portable and easy to store it is. we keep it in the car at all times and it has been used in many 'emergencies'. my son still uses it too when we're out without a bathroom around. my kids call it the 'turtle potty' for the little turtles on the pads. just wanted to update to say no problems with it, and the kids make use of it a lot!

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy the Potette Plus!, May 23, 2011
diane page (new york city) - See all my reviews
We had a Potette Plus for about a year and it is a fantastic product that held up well and was perfect for both toilet seat use and stand-alone potty use outdoors. Then we accidentally lost it and replaced with this version, not realizing that it can only be used as a stand-alone, and NOT also on toilets such as in restaurants, playground bathrooms, etc. Do yourself a favor and buy the Plus to get maximum use out of this terrific, indispensable product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to have on hand, July 8, 2007
Casey (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
We bought this for a trip to the beach and it was a lifesaver. Our daughter has only been using the potty for about three weeks and she had no problems using this potty. We used plastic grocery bags with an absorbant liner rather than replacement liners and they really worked much better (hence the four stars rather than five).

Kalencom On the Go Potty, Blue