5.0 out of 5 stars yeah earth shoes are back

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Kalso I know
Published on October 19, 2012 by R. Richardson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars yeah earth shoes are back, March 12, 2012
I am so happy to have found these shoes. I was suffering from horrible back pain from consistently wearing shoes with a very high sole. In desperation I did a search for earth shoes and found the Kalso brand. Amazon had the best selection available. These shoes are wonderful. After 4 days I could walk so much better with no pain. I do have very long tendons so Earth shoes are perfect for me I have a moderately wide foot and though these are mediums they fit me very well.
Pros: Very soft leather upper
Sole has deep ridges to keep from slipping and makes the sole move better with my foot
Great comfortable arch support (may not be appropriate if you have a low arch)
Marginal Factors: Size may be a little small in length. I can wear a 10 but should wear a 10 1/2 if I could find them. I bought these in an 11. The are just tiny bit long, but these are a medium and I usually wear a wide, so that takes up a little bit of the length.
The leather has been distressed so one shoe looks a little different than the other. These are a trouser shoe for me so it doesn't really bother me.
Shipping took 2 days longer than estimated and tracking was not very specific.
Cons: They seem maybe a shade expensive
They are not a shoe constructed for overall support. Perfect slip on for basic daily walking around.
Summary: This is a great shoe for those of us who love earth shoes. The best recommendation is that I have had them less than a week and I am going to order the athletic shoe and oxford next.
Watch for future reviews.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Kalso I know, October 19, 2012
R. Richardson (South Haven, MI, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kalso Earth Women's Dally Slip-On Shoes (Apparel)
I have several pairs of Kalso Earth shoes and love the negative balance and arch support. That's why I'm disappointed in these shoes. They are so soft, they are sloppy looking and the insoles don't have the support that my other Kalso shoes have. I'm keeping them because I need a pair of black casual shoes and already had returned a pair that was too big in the heal. But I put an arch support under the Kalso insole. Not what I would have expected from Kalso.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hip pain? Try these!, October 7, 2012
This review is from: Kalso Earth Women's Dally Slip-On Shoes (Apparel)
A little background information: I'm 45 and had a hip resurfacing surgery 5 years ago. My other hip is almost ready to be resurfaced. I have some serious Hip Problems!
I tried these shoes on 'just for the heck of it' in my local supermarket (yes, supermarket, as strange as that sounds). After taking a few steps in them I could feel the difference in the strain on my hips and lower back. I bought them immediately! I have never regretted it. They may not be over-the-top stylish, but they go with everything and that is more important. I have bought several other versions of the Kalso Earth Shoe and they are all just as comfortable. My 75 year old mother also loves them & she has a lot of problems with her feet.

Be kind to your body. Buy these shoes!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, October 17, 2012
Though I was really excited that Kalso Earth started making loafer type shoes, these look unprofessional and started falling apart quickly. The insoles are coming apart after only 2 months of owning them. Additionally, they just don't look at all attractive. The wonderfully comfortable foamy insoles lost the bounce in their step after about a week. I would not recommend these at all. The only reason it gets two stars is that I'm fond of the reverse incline

5.0 out of 5 stars Kalso Dally Earth Shoes, December 26, 2013
This product exceeded my quality expectations, is a high value for the price, and was delivered in a timely manner. I strongly recommend it to everyone. It saddens me that Kalso stopped making the Dally style, so if you can get yourself a pair - DO IT NOW! They are the best shoes ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Luv Kalso Earth, April 13, 2013
These are really comfortable shoes. Kalso's can run a little large and these do, but if your feet swell, by the end of the day they fit fine. I have back and knee issues and feel these help with both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect work - office shoe., October 25, 2013
I have wide, flat feet and was told by my podiatrist to find a great supportive shoe. I have an Earth shoe sandal so I am familiar with their excellent quality and help maintaining posture and arch support.

My feet just slide on in and away I go! I love them. They are soft, casual and formal. The blue is wonderful and goes with everything I own - navy, purple, red, gray (I stopped wearing black, so this color is a PERFECT neutral.)

I would buy another pair in brown, and anything but black! The price is right and fit is amazing! Thank you for reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this shoe but they run big, September 11, 2013
I would normally need a 12 in a close toe with a back shoe, but this one runs large. I have a bad ankle and too high of an arch makes it hurt bad. When i got this shoe In the smaller size n wore it i then ordered all the other colors in it. I live in flip flops all summer, and now that winter is coming I needed a comfy shoe that wouldn't bother me bad ankle and this is it. When they say they are soft and cushy believe it

4.0 out of 5 stars Less support but still wonderfully comfy..., July 28, 2013
This review is from: Kalso Earth Women's Dally Slip-On Shoes (Apparel)
I've switched to Kalso Earth shoes exclusively...won't wear any other brand, so I've picked up about a dozen pair so far, so I'd say I'm more than familiar with this brand. The Dally is very different from most of my other Kalso Earth shoes. The closest to it is their Rally shoe, a cute Mary Jane that I have in all three colors. The Dally has the same lightweight, flexible sole as the Rally, as well as the same insert/arch support, but the leather is much softer. I mean REALLY soft, like doe skin. These do run a little large, but less than 1/2 a size, so I didn't size down from my usual 9. The extra room leaves me space for a thick pair of socks, yet when I wear them without socks, they don't slip off of my heals like I would have expected with a shoe that's a bit large. I only wear skirts and dresses, and I don't think these look quite right with anything but my almost floor length skirts, so I won't be wearing these out, but I don't regret the purchase. After learning that 85% of ALL household dirt comes in on our shoes, I've adopted a no shoe policy in my house. (I keep slippers for my regular visitors and suspend my rule for other company.) My Dally shoes will serve as my indoor shoes/slippers. Regular slippers just don't offer any support, even the more expensive brands, but the Dally has the flexibility and support I need to keep myself safe and comfortable but still slip on and off as easily as slippers. Worn only indoors, I expect these will last for years. (P.S. Look for sales. My Dally only cost $35 with free shipping.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks earth shoe for a comfortable casual loafer., November 23, 2012
I've been looking for a casual loafer for a long time. I have high arches and a high instep. I am very happy for this shoe that I can wear around the house and yard. It slips on easily and feels good without socks. Thanks, Earth Shoe!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›