Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 4, 2010
This boot is perfect for a wide footed toddler. The boot opens wide to make it extremely simple to put on. It is rated to -10 F and has a warm and furry, non-removable, liner. It runs true to size; my 2 year old wears size 6.5 shoes and I purchased an 8 for her (to allow room for thick socks).

I compared this boot to the Kamik Bigfoot in store. The main difference between the two are that the Bigfoot has a removable liner (and is therefore rated to -25 F). The molded plastic base of the two shoes are identical. I put my hand in each boot and found that the Snowbug 2 was roomier in the toe box. This is probably due to the thicker liner in the Bigfoot. The Bigfoot was by no means narrow, however. I would say the Bigfoot has an average width.

All this was after thorough research on Kamik, Sorel, and Baffin. If you have a wide-footed toddler, by the way, I would recommend avoiding the Baffin. I returned the Baffin Kimberly boot (despite it being simply adorable) because the size 7 had no more than a 2" width in the toe box.

As a final thought, I also held the $110 toddler Ugg, and thought this boot was much softer inside.
33 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2011
I've had good experience with Kamik in the past, so I got this boot for my 3yo boy. He is somewhat rough on his shoes, but even at that, this boot didn't last us a month before the velcro closure began to fray the seams of the boots. In less than a month, the velcro at the lower corner of the boot (where the velcro sticks) tore a hole in the fabric.
Also, even before the fabric began to tear, I considered returning anyway as the elastic velcro closure didn't do a darn thing to keep the snow out. The elastic just stretched, and the front flap just folded down and tons of snow got inside the boot. To my and my son's dismay, the first time in the snow with this boot his feet got cold quickly and we had to leave earlier than expected.
I might buy Kamik again, but I will never get another velcro closure snow boot - I don't trust them anymore. Next time I'll try a zipper and/or a drawstring closure, even if it's just a bit trickier for a 3yo to put on himself.
on April 17, 2011
Bought these for my daughter who had been walking for 2 months before we got our first snow of the season; she was 14 months when she started wearing them, and was 18 months the last time she put them on. I'm so happy we got them for her, as we had an unexpectedly snowy winter (2010 in the Northeast). She was able to walk in them perfectly well, and they kept her steady in the snow and ice. They were easy to put on/take off, and her feet also stayed toasty warm in them, as the lining was perfectly fuzzy. Highly recommend these, and I plan to buy the next size up for her next fall/winter.
on December 28, 2010
I bought these for my little girl who is 3. I was looking for something sturdy, that would be warm and would hold up in a MN winter. These keep my little girl's feet warm and dry (the inside has nice, soft black fur), but I HATE the buckle closure on them! It is really stretchy and just does not hold the boot together well. It seems like the buckle and boot is always loose. They really should have put TWO straps on the boot and used a buckle that wasn't so elastic.
on May 29, 2013
These are good boots but unfortunately pretty bulky and somewhat heavy. On a smaller toddler they might be very uncomfortable. Otherwise they are goofd: material is nice, inside is warm and velcro strap is convenient to use.
on February 6, 2013
These boots are well designed. Out boy has wide feet and it was hard to get him onto anything other than these. They are quality and have held up well. they ahve a nice fur coating inside that i would think is comfy. Pricy but you get what you pay for.
on November 16, 2012
The Kamik toddler boots was just the right boot for my grand daughter. They opened up very easy to get her foot in without a struggle. The lining material was also very soft and warm to the touch. Just hope they will continue to fit her for the entire winter season. I would highly recommend them.
on December 22, 2012
My twin 3 year old twins are enjoying these great boots in the snow and cold.
They have no trouble putting them on themselves! They keep the boys warm, dry,
and comfortable. They have soles that help prevent slipping on the ice and the
lower part of the boot is waterproof for slushy wet days or when the boys must walk
in a puddle.
on December 2, 2012
I purchased these boots because I liked how there were no openings for snow with the one piece design. What I now really like is that my 2-year-old can put these on himself. They're lightweight but sturdy, and he seems to walk well in them. Would definitely buy again. My one concern is that the velcro seems flimsy, and I'm concerned it might not hold up the whole winter.
on February 14, 2013
I purchased these boots for my daughter and she loves them! I love that they are thick and warm on the inside. The wrap velcro feature is perfect for her to put them on and take them off. The price is great too! I highly recommend these boots for kids and toddlers.