5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots
Published on January 7, 2010 by SLH

2.0 out of 5 stars not wide enoug
This is a really cute sturdy boot, but, it is not wide enough around the ankle to permit easy on, or even putting it on for a toddlers chubby foot.
Published on September 14, 2010 by SAV

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots, January 7, 2010
SLH (Syracuse, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Bought these for our 7 yr old who loves to play in the snow and go on LONG snowmobile trips with us. It is essential to have excellent winter gear for the little ones more sensitive skin. These boots are by far the BEST we have ever bought. I especially like that the boot rides higher than most, keeping snow out, as well as the fact the boot is one piece (no zippers, ties, or openings in the material) so that you can really seal the boot high on leg and prevent ANY snow from entering. We recently went on a 6 hour snowmobile ride (temps low 20's) with our son and his feet stayed warm and dry the entire trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kamik Waterbug Boot, January 2, 2012
A. Randall (Grand Rapids, MI USA) - See all my reviews
I've tried many models of Kamik boots for my child, but this model is by far our favorite. Our kid goes outside to play every single day. The cheaper snow boots don't seem to do a good enough job keeping little feet warm. It was a priority to get a quality product, even if it costed more. The rubber on the bottom of the boot is thick making the bottom completely waterproof. The shaft of the boot has no slits or zippers in it. This ensures that there is no where for the water to sneak in. The liner inside of the boot does make the boot snug, but it also ensures that the feet do not get cold. The boot slides on and then is secured using the velcro strap at the ankle and pull tie at the top of the boot. You won't regret this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, November 8, 2011
I have just recently received these boots for my 3-year old. The boots are very good. The quality is just what I expected from Kamik. The inner bootie (liner) is soft and warm, while the outer bootie seems to be wear-proof.
I followed the recommendations in the reviews and purchased a size larger. The boots do run small.
The only thing is that it is quite a task to take out or put in the liner. But that is not going to be an everyday task, so this is not much of a problem.

My girl is looking forward to snowy days to test these boots outside.
Overall I am satisfied with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, November 25, 2012
These boots are great! These are the 3rd pair I've purchased over the years and my childrens feet out grow them well before the boots wear out. Their feet stay warm and are ALWAYS DRY! They do run small so definitely go up 1. Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Recent find, August 9, 2012
These boots are exactly what my daughter needed for our first Alaskan winter. I look forward to buying a pair for the rest of the family! I love the extra padding that is included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, warm, lasting boots for active kiddos!, October 4, 2013
This is the second time I have purchased this brand of snow boot and am just as impressed. Kamik boots are thick, sturdy, lined, and really warm; worth the money! My 3 yr old son plays outside 365 days/year, regardless of snowfall or temperature. In Colorado, that means he needs good gear!

I made the mistake of buying boots from a big box store one year. The cheapest I found were $25. The snow and slush made their way to his socks and overall, they just wore out in less than one winter season.

The first pair of Kamik's I bought were used from Craigslist. They lasted that child plus a season with my oldest and now my younger son wears them! No flaws in the boot or lining whatsoever!!

I just bought a pair on Amazon and my son loves them. As with all shoes for little kids and toddlers, I bought a size up so they'll last all season. I could have gone up 2 sizes and would probably be ok.

Note: Make sure your child is a sturdy walker before buying these. They are not soft forgiving baby shoes, these are sturdy stiff boots in any size. My kids both walked at 9 mos so by 12 mos they can tromp in the boots comfortably, but if you have a newer walker, wait a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 5-year old, March 5, 2013
My kindergartener was rapidly outgrowing another pair of boots, but also was complaining of feet being cold (and sometimes wet) on the playground. Reviews looked good on these, so I gave 'em a shot. Not only are they very easy for him to put on and take off, but they are well-insulated - he hasn't even complained about cold feet while ice fishing. Nice and VERY waterproof. Highly recommend these.

2.0 out of 5 stars not wide enoug, September 14, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and warm winter boot, January 23, 2013
My son has been wearing it for 2 months already and his feet never got wet, not a single time. At the same time these boots keep his feet warm even at - 15 F.Also would recommend these to kids with wide feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Boot for serious winter weather, December 15, 2010
This boot is super substantial and made of quality material. Great for kids who spend 90% of their free time outdoors in freezing weather!