5.0 out of 5 stars Best rain boots I've found.
Published on December 31, 2008 by Ms. Zigglesworth

3.0 out of 5 stars This rain boot had potential...
Published on August 3, 2010 by M

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rain boots I've found., December 31, 2008
This review is from: Kamik Women's Ellie Rain Boot (Apparel)
I just got these boots and I love them. I looked at a lot of other rain boots before I selected these because I wanted something that was going to keep my foot warm and dry and not going to fall apart after a few months. These boots are waterproof, lined, sturdy, and look cute with jeans tucked into them. They're warm enough for winter walks, but also appropriate for the rest of the year. Definitely a quality boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small calves, April 21, 2011
I have extremely skinny legs (5'4", 100 lbs) and find Target-style rainboots uncomfortable and unattractive, so I looked for the boots with the smallest opening available. I actually found these on Zappos, which helpfully lists the shaft height and circumference: these are 14" around and 13" high, so (on me at least) they reach the fullest part of the calf, which is helpful when you're trying to minimize boot swimmage. An inch smaller in circumference would be ideal, but that's just me, and it doesn't get better than these. I bought the boots on Amazon since they were cheaper than on Zappos; I feel really lucky that the best boots for the small-calved were also among the cheapest - you could pay over twice as much for Hunter boots, which are super popular here in Chicago but, from what I can tell, larger around the leg (in case you can't tell, this was my top priority when finding new rainboots, aside from them being waterproof). These are also very comfortable on the feet for walking, well-cushioned with decent arch support. All in all, they live up to the positive reviews and promises! I would definitely recommend them to other chicken-legged ladies :-).

Update 7/16/2013: With some patience you can get OFF THE HOOK deals! My sister stole my original pair, so I had the boots sitting in my cart here on Amazon until last week when they went down to $30! They were $48.77 when I first ordered them in 2011.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for my Thicker calves!, September 2, 2009
priss2121 (alexandria, va) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Kamik Women's Ellie Rain Boot (Apparel)
I have thicker calves and still took a chance on this boot despite the reviews about how narrow the shaft is. I knew that the boot height (listed at 12.5 in. from arch) does not hit the thickest part of the calf. I'm glad I took the chance! It fits perfectly well, though I did buy an 8 because of suggestions instead of my normal 7. Trust me when I say that this boot does run one full size small so do size up. The boot is gorgeous rich chocolate and it feels very good and comfy on. I recommend that you take a chance on this boot too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the reviews when they say order a size bigger, October 3, 2009
Great boot - very comfortable, very cute, and definitely waterproof. Do believe the reviews when they say ORDER A FULL SIZE LARGER than you normally wear. I'm between a 9 and a 9.5, and the tens are pretty snug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful boots, July 7, 2008
This review is from: Kamik Women's Ellie Rain Boot (Apparel)
I use these for just about everything I need to do for any yard work; whether it be in the mud, wet grass or any other wet areas/surfaces. These have the best fit and are very sturdy. I even wear them while working in my greenhouse to prevent bugs and spiders from crawling up my bare legs. Can't say enough about how great they are.

3.0 out of 5 stars This rain boot had potential..., August 3, 2010
This review is from: Kamik Women's Ellie Rain Boot (Apparel)
I originally bought these boots because my old, cheaper rain boots tore. The rain boot looks nicer in person. I liked that it is well made, structured, and very warm inside. However the calf area fits very tightly. It's bearable to wear, but uncomfortable and definitely not worth the $50 to wear. For all you ladies that have larger calves (about 15 inches +), think twice about getting these boots! I tried them on with my skinniest jeans and they were still no good. I wear a 6.5-7 normally and decided to get an 8. The 8 was a good choice.

I'm disappointed that I won't be able to wear them. I think I'm going to just order another pair of the cheaper boots and be more careful with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes!, May 12, 2008
This product was a good shoe for when I go fishing with my boyfriend. I can put them on and not worry if the water is going to be too cold for my feet. Ihave not used them much yet, since we have not had a chance to go to the lake, but just using them around the house for things really helps out. They are easy to clean off and can be used for almost anything. They also came in a fast delivery. I only ordered them with the standard shipping and they came on the exact day they said they would. I really enjoyed that too. Not shopping online alot, I was really please that they fit. I read other reviews from other customers on the same shoe and they told me to get a bigger size then I normally wear, and I was glad, so this way I could wear thick socks with them and they could still fit me comfortably. The only thing that feels bad is the heel kind of rubs on my foot, but with the thicker socks, it works out fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fit except..., October 8, 2009
'Chal (College Station, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kamik Women's Ellie Rain Boot (Apparel)
I just got my boots (Caramel). They're a great fit for my feet but, as an earlier reviewer stated, they are a bit tight on the calf - and I don't have large calves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but tight, November 21, 2009
This review is from: Kamik Women's Ellie Rain Boot (Apparel)
These boots were gorgeous. Shiny and well designed. Unfortunately they were too tight on the calf, so I had to return them. Admittedly, I do have a wider calf, but everyone one should be warned the opening is only something like 12 1/2 to 13 inches wide. So make sure to measure the widest part of your calf WITH a thick boot sock on, to see if you can comfortably wear these. If this hadn't have been a problem, I am sure these boots would have been exactly what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy sleek & sturdy, December 21, 2009
After my cute Western chief rainboots cracked (on the sole of the boot, both feet!) with 10 months of use, I searched reviews high & low. I was willing to sacrifice style for function, but was very glad to have found these which seem to have both. I have only been wearing them for 2 months, but thus far I love them. They feel very sturdy, comfortable & cute. I am usually a size 7 or 7.5 so I went with an 8 per reviews. I have average sized calves & they aren't too snug in the slightest. In fact I LOVE that they're slim. I have plenty of room to tuck In my pants if needed but when I'm just out around town (in the PNW) I like being able to wear my pants not tucked in. Most of my pants didn't fit over my old boots. Amazon def had the best price when I was in the market. Last but not least don't be swayed by the picture of the eggplant color. These boots are straight up PURPLE.

Kamik Women's Ellie Rain Boot