Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot,Black,8 M US
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 8 B(M) US|Color: Black|Change

on February 22, 2015
I tend to be a size 9.5 (very rarely a 10) with average width, and a 10 in these was perfect; roomy enough for thick sock but not swimming with a thinner one; no crowding in the toe box. I am 5'10" with a 34" inseam and have muscular calves (my calf measurements are: 15" at the largest point, 14.5" at the boot opening, 9" at ankle); I am pleased with the height of them, though they could conceivably be too tall for a smaller woman. These slide on easily and I have no problem getting them off by myself. They are fine with socks and leggings, but I wouldn't expect jeans to fit. I bought them for a three-month trip to Moscow during prime slush season (winter-spring transition), so I will report back after I have some actual experience wearing them. Barring that, I really like these and LOVE the price. I don't believe Hunters would have even worked for me, since their leg opening is only 15". I highly recommend wearing wool socks, as wool breathes and is naturally odor-resistant (these are RUBBER boots, people, your feet are going to sweat in them). My mom, who is a size 9 with wide feet, felt these fit fine, with plenty of room for thick socks; probably a 9 would be a truer fit, but due to the sensitivity of her feet (she would want insoles) and the width, the 10 was comfortable.

Do yourself a favor and take some measurements before buying:

-To estimate where on your leg the top of the boot will be, measure 15.5" from your heel up your calf; the total heel of the boot is about 1".

-The boot opening is 15.5" and there is no stretch; keep in mind the top of the boot will almost surely be higher than the widest part of your calf.
review image review image review image
0Comment|196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2015
I work on a farm twice a week and these have held up incredibly well considering all the stress and abuse I put them through. They are insanely comfortable with great arch support so I can keep going all day. The treads are awesome. Through all the snow, mud, and ice, I haven't slipped at all. I don't care for the decorative buckles, although the goats do love to chew on them and use them for their own personal head scratchers.
review image
55 comments|151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2015
I've had these boots for about a year and there are definitely some pros and cons. I LOVE the style, color and height of the boot! They are super cute and also very well made. Very thick rubber with no leaks! But for me, they are not comfortable boots..... at all. First off, as other reviewers have said the calf is very narrow. I have never had terribly wide calves, but I am athletic, and the boot fits around my leg just slightly tighter than I'd like. Especially when I wear leg warmers underneath the boot. The second major con is the blisters I get when wearing these boots. At first it wasn't so bad, but as I walk my ankle above my heel hits the back of the boot. This has caused the rubber to slowly be worn down in that spot and now it comes off on my socks (which is very annoying) and has made the blisters worse. Finally, the boots are not breathable at all, which I guess is expected of a rain boot, but I believe it is made worse by the fact it is close to my calf and allows no air to circulate. When I take these boots off my feet usually smell so bad! Overall, an alright boot. I still wear them, I just wish I would've known these things before I bought them. Hope this review helps!
review image review image
33 comments|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2015
I got these rainboots (size 7) as a Christmas present and they fit wonderfully. I was scared it wouldn't fit my above average calves but they did and sit right below my knees. I have ~15 inch calves and usually wear size 7 boots (riding and combat).
review image review image review image review image
0Comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2015
I never write reviews on Amazon, but figured these were worth it. I obsessed over boots, and even tried on a pair of Hunters at the store before deciding on these Grey Kamiks. I thought I nwanted a red shiny boot, but as it turned out these matte grey boots were the perfect addition to my wardrobe. The are cuter (I think) than the Hunter's having tried both on. To compare:
- The height is about the same, perfect if you want a "fashionable" look.
- The fit of the size 8 Kamik, was equivalent to the 7's in Hunter. The Calf is smaller which gives a sleek look, and enough room for thin/medium socks and skinny jeans. However, if you want thick winter socks and a boot leg jean or sweatpants, the calf will be too tight.
- They fit tighter at the ankle, and rub ever so slightly against my medial malleolus, but I have walked several blocks no problem, have not worn them all day yet.
- They are waterproof, nice solid sole.

Overall BEAUTIFUL boots. Super super happy with purchase. Good Luck!
VINE VOICEon September 16, 2011
I got these boots in a Gold Box special, and am thrilled that I did. They fit great and look really sharp, not at all like some of the cheap rain boots out there. The rubber sole is thick and comfortable to walk in, and the shaft is wide enough for my jeans to fit inside nicely (I have average calves). I got the brown color, and it's a rich, dark brown like nice leather. I'm a size 8 and found them a teensy bit short, but I'm afraid a size 9 would be much too big. If in doubt, I'd suggest ordering two sizes and trying them with thick socks. One note to keep in mind is that because they're rubber, they don't breathe AT ALL. I wore them to do some gardening on a warm day and found that my lower leg got incredibly hot and sweaty (gross, I know). These are definitely cold-weather boots only, for use with breathable/wicking socks.

Highly recommended.
22 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2015
I agree with the reviews that if you have bigger calves, I could see the fit being a problem. I read some of the reviews and thanks to them I went with a larger size than I typically wear in close toed shoes. I'm 5'6" and 135 lbs and I typically wear a 9-9.5 shoe (I can sometimes do an 8.5 in open toe) and I went with a 10 in this boot. About the only thing I would use the word skinny for on me is my calves. I also have really long narrow feet and struggle in your usual 'over the counter' rainboots from Target or such as they're usually too wide in the feet and calves for me. These are great. There is a tightness in getting them on around the ankle and it kind of pulls your sock off a bit to get them off, but overall I love the fit. The sustainability mission of the company was important to me too. I was able to get regular cut jeans into these boots though it was a little tighter of a fit. I think skinny jeans or leggings (which I never wear) would easily work, or tights with a skirt would be great. I know Hunters are the 'it' rain boot right now but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these to anyone looking for a great rain boot. If you want water boots for cold/snow weather, go with Bogs, but for rain, go with Kamik.
review image review image review image review image review image
on October 8, 2013
I am surprisingly happy with this purchase. I'm confident they will get me through most of the cold, wet Pacific Northwest winters in comfort and style. They are on the chunky side and have more room in the calves than I need, but they still fit fine. I wear a 71/2 - 8 and bought an 8.
on February 13, 2015
My boots just arrived. Shipping and delivery was fast! I got a size 6 in black (I ordered the same size as my shoe size and they fit as expected.) I purchased a pair of moneysworth fleece lined welly socks (Size M) to go with them. They fit well with the boots. They look stylish and feel comfortable so far. I was torn between hunter boots and Kamiks. Kamiks got good reviews and are a much better price and so far I am glad I went with Kamiks! I have what I would consider normal sized calves and they fit snug, but not tight and I have a little bit of room at the top of the boot.

The only con I can see is that they are a bit difficult to get off (but I don't consider rain boots to be particularly easy to get off). It's not so annoying that I would return them or not wear them.

Only having the boots for a day, I am very happy with the product and would recommend to a friend!
review image review image review image review image
on July 10, 2015
I bought a pair of Kamik Jennifer, Kamik Olivia and Kamik Naomi rain boots. All boots are very well made. They all have a very high-quality lining, but make sure to wear them with socks anyway, as your feet will sweat and you will get blisters.

1) Jennifer were too tall and not flattering (I am 5'10", slim). The colors are dull (I tried black, red and lilac), but the boot itself is well made and comfortable.
2) Naomi were the heaviest of all, but looked fabulous. They are not as tall as Jennifer, and the boot edge is trimmed with high-quality fabric. I kept these for wearing it to work and whenever I leave the house.
3) Olivia were the most comfortable and the lightest of all. They are the same as Jennifer, but shorter - same height as Naomi. They are light - much lighter then Naomi or Jennifer. Very comfortable sole, but the colors are dull. I decided to keep these for any yard work, and am very happy with them.