5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots Ever
Published on September 20, 2011 by Lady#7

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for medium calves, but NOT FOR WIDE CALVES!
Once again, I am sending back a pair or rain boots because reviews stated they were goot for wide calves, and ONCE AGAIN, I have discovered they are not. My calves measure just under 17", even though I am not a plus-sized person. Just genetically 'lucky' I guess. (NOT!) These boots were WAY too tight on my calves and I will be sending them back.
All that said, if...
Published on October 5, 2011 by TacomaMama

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots Ever, September 20, 2011
This review is from: Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot (Apparel)
I spent about a year, no joke, looking for rain boots. I have long legs and no matter what store I tried, all their rain boots made me look absolutely ridiculous because they were always too short. So after forever of looking and failing miserably I decided to stop being a cheapo and buy some hunter's. I had my color, size and debit card out but they were out of my size. So of course while I was waiting for them to restock I kept looking on amazon. These boots are exactly one inch shorter than the infamously tall hunter boots and are one inch bigger in the circumference... the only complaint I ever heard about hunters was that they are super tight. Well! I took a risk and decided on the gray color. I have received them and they are WONDERFUL! The color is perfect, the height, tightness and material are all wonderful... I just couldn't be happier. They feel and look well made and the little crest makes them unique (without being overwhelmed by crazy prints and colors) and classy. I have received nothing but compliments when I wore them. They are comfortable and perfect for skinny jeans and leggings. I actually pray for rain now just to have an excuse to wear them. Can you tell I'm in love? :) The only thing I can complain about is the ankle tightness. Standing in them and sitting in them is no problem and normally walking isnt either but if you have to walk a lot in them it starts to rub against the outside ankle bone and can get a tad uncomfortable. Other than that, pure perfection. I highly recommend these boots!!!!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, great-looking, worth it!, September 16, 2011
I got these boots in a Gold Box special, and am thrilled that I did. They fit great and look really sharp, not at all like some of the cheap rain boots out there. The rubber sole is thick and comfortable to walk in, and the shaft is wide enough for my jeans to fit inside nicely (I have average calves). I got the brown color, and it's a rich, dark brown like nice leather. I'm a size 8 and found them a teensy bit short, but I'm afraid a size 9 would be much too big. If in doubt, I'd suggest ordering two sizes and trying them with thick socks. One note to keep in mind is that because they're rubber, they don't breathe AT ALL. I wore them to do some gardening on a warm day and found that my lower leg got incredibly hot and sweaty (gross, I know). These are definitely cold-weather boots only, for use with breathable/wicking socks.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love love love these boots..........., September 13, 2011
So - I am singing.......I love love love these boots. Of course I have only worn them around the house at this point, but I stil love them. I would have one suggestion if you are looking at purchasing them though - if you are waivering between sizes, go smaller. I tend to have a hard time buying boots in general - I have a hard time with the instep, and also because my calves are so well developed (big). So - my boots either have the stretchy material in the back to accommodate my calves, or I buy lace up Caterpillar's for my instep and calves. Any other boot usually ends up being way too big in the footbed, in order for my instep and calves to fit. So - when I saw this lightning deal, I debated between a 7 and an 8, because my other boots are all 7.5. I decided to go big because of the issues I mentioned above, but I shouldn't have, because they are too big. I am not going to send them back though - I want these for doing fall and spring yard work and tromping in the snow, so I will wear my husband's thick wick-dry socks, and they will be fine. If I buy another pair though, I will order a size 7.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase, February 2, 2012
These boots are amazing. The fit is small. Usually I am a 7, so I purchased an 8; based on the other reviews and they fit great. They are warm and waterproof. They are very stylish, and i've worn them everywhere since. Right when I got them they gave me trouble on the ankles from rubbing, but now they don't hurt. I would recommend long socks. GREAT PRODUCT! I've gotten lots of compliments.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for medium calves, but NOT FOR WIDE CALVES!, October 5, 2011
This review is from: Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot (Apparel)
All that said, if your calves are 15" or less in circumference, these boots are adorable and super well made. They are a thicker rubber and come up to just under the knee. The little medallion makes them look more high-end, even though they are really affordable compared to some of the higher end rain boots out there. I would definitely recommend them, IF you calf is less than 15" in circumference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots :), February 5, 2014
These boots are awesome. They were a little shorter on me than I initially wanted but I am almost 6 ft with long legs so with that In mind they still fit well. I read a lot of reviews about them being too big or too small - I am normally a size 9.5 and usually order boots in size 10 so I can wear two socks or fuzzy socks (I live in wi so this is necessary in -20 degree weather). I think these are tighter than I wanted so only one sock for me but the boots are warm. I haven't stood in 3 ft of snow with them but for the average running around they work perfect. The green color is a pretty deep green and they are comfy to wear.

3.0 out of 5 stars very attractive; maybe not very practical, January 20, 2012
angeblah (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot (Apparel)
My shoe size is usually between 7-7.5 (leaning toward 7) and I think size 7 Kamiks fit quite well. Only trouble is that there's sometimes a bit of rubbing in the heel / ankle area, possibly because these boots are heavy and quite tight at the ankle.

I'm about 5' 2" and 100 lbs with skinny-to-somewhat-defined calves. These boots fit pretty much perfectly and I love how they look, except they're so tall that bending at the knee can become a bit uncomfortable (e.g. if I want to take the stairs two at a time--which I always do). There's just enough room for skinny jeans, although they might not work with thicker pants or multiple layers. They also feel kinda heavy / bulky / awkward, but that might that's because I'm short.

As attractive as Jennifers are, I suspect it would be more practical to stick with the usual Kamiks, which are much lighter and cheaper (although also shorter, so possibly less attractive). My shorter Kamiks are CRAZY comfortable; I can walk for miles in 'em . These boots? Maybe one mile, or two at the most--and that's really pushing it, I think.

IMO, the only reason to choose these is if you live somewhere with weather extreme enough to justify the extra height (e.g. frequent snow or rain over 12 inches)... unless you aren't a shortie like me, I suppose :)

EDIT: Just tried these in snow. Useful for stomping through drifts, but they seem a bit too clumsy / slippery for slushier stuff.

Once these are beyond repair, I'll replace them with some lighter (maybe shorter) rainboots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking boots!, September 12, 2011
This review is from: Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot (Apparel)
These boots are awesome looking however, be SURE to order one size larger than you normally would. I made the mistake of ordering my regular size 9 but actually needed a size 10. One other draw back is that they fit snug on the legs making it tough to tuck pants into - they fit great with leggings though, The actual look of the boots are far more attractive in person than what you see here on line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunter Originals VS Kamik Jennifer = Kamik wins hands down :), May 2, 2013
This review is from: Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot (Apparel)
I bought these to replace my Hunter Originals which I wore a total of about 5 times (after ordering them from the UK - I live in Australia). Apart from the price & hassle of having to sell on my hunters, I AM SO GLAD THAT MY HUNTERS DIDN"T FIT WELL AS I NEVER WOULD HAVE FOUND MY KAMIK JENNIFERS :) VERY HAPPY!

KAMIK JENNIFER:
- Oh so LIGHTWEIGHT (seriously, I was supprised at how light they are). This is a bonus as they'll be light in my luggage when traveling.
- MY FOOT MEASURES: 25.5cm from centre back of heel to end of big toe(26cm when rolling through my foot when walking as my heel leaves the ground). Floor straight up to top of my foot at highest part of my arch = 7.5cm (I am an ex-dancer, but no problems experienced with these boots :) Widest part of my calf when flexed = 37cm.
- PERFECT FIT: I ORDERED A US9 and they are the perfect length & width (comfortable with thin socks & skinny jeans, but can still fit thick socks or my Hunter wellie warmers in them).
- Easy to slip on & off with thin/thick socks. Need to tug a little to get off with wellie warmers (not that hard though).
- GREAT HEIGHT: MY LOWER LEG MEASURES 43cm from the floor to the crease in the back of my knee (when sitting with knees at right-angles & measured up side of the leg) and the US9 KAMIK JENNIFER FINISHES 4cm BELOW THAT CREASE in the back of my knee when sitting at right-angles. Perfect amount of space for some colourful sockage to show ;)
BLACK & BROWN TRUE TO COLOUR: The black is great & goes with everything & I love the little horse logo on the side (gives them a touch of class without being pretensious). Brown is a lovely rich chocolate that makes them look like you could wear them in place of brown leather boots without dulling your outfit down (I ordered black & a brown pair for a friend).
- Ridged enough for a lovely shape, but flexible enough that I can actually crouch down or sit cross legged comfortably.
- Do NOT make slapping noises against the back of my legs when walking.
- RECYCLABLE!

They scuff pretty easily (mostly on the inner leg where your feet brush past each other) and because of the material they're made of (not rubber) the scuffs are slightly lighter than the actual colour of the boot. However, TO GET RID OF SCUFFS I've found that RUBBING THE MARK WITH AN ERASER works effectively to REMOVE THE SCUFF MARKS.
The pigment of the boot (for the black anyway) isn't as deep/dark as black Hunters so don't dress up as easily as Hunters, but still look pretty spiffy.

I really suggest going to the KAMIK WEBSITE & PRINTING off their 'KAMIK ATRIUM RAIN BOOTS'INNEROLE PATTERN SIZING GUIDE so you can place your foot straight on it to see which size you need as opposed to stuffing around with measuring your feet. It gave me piece of mind as I'm anywhere from a 7 in heels to a 9 (when there's no half sizes).

HUNTER ORIGINALS TALL:
Bent in a way that pressed into my achilles tendon every time my heel hit the ground in the first part of taking a step (I don't want to risk getting tendonitis). Sloppy fit (US 9 was ok length, but really big everywhere else around my actual foot. Slapped the back of my leg (audible in the library) when walking. Rather heavy. Expensive. Easier to dress up, mostly due to the deeper pigment (i.e. deeper black) and ever so slightly more sheen.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute!!!, December 1, 2011
I got these on Black Friday for about $30 and they look so nice! They look like I paid at least $100. The construction is sleek and sturdy. The emblem on the side doesn't look flimsy or glued, like i thought it would. Canadians do it right apparently! They come up to about 3/4th my leg. For some reason, I thought it would be more form-fitting because of the reviews, but they are pretty loose around the thigh just like they should be. (I'm about 135lbs on a 5'4 frame) I highly recommend these for anyone who loves quality rain boots!
Also, I wear a 8.5 and went up to a 9. there's about a quarter inch room in the shoe. (perfect for socks!)

Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot