Kamik Women's Olivia Rain Boot,Black,8 M US
Size: 8 B(M) USColor: BlackChange
Price:$36.90+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 31, 2013
I purchased these boots a year ago in Charcoal. Its a plain boot but very comfortable. I can wear them all day, no problem. For me its a close fitting boot. I have a 14.75 inch calf and its not tight but I can't wear them with regular jeans tucked in. Skinny jeans or leggings only. Its much closer fitting than any other type of boot I have and it took a bit getting used to.

I get a lot of compliments on them even though they are so plain. Because they are a slim fit I think they are very flattering to the leg and that is why people comment on them.

The buckle had always been a problem for me. It kept loosening up and not coming undone but being loose enough to flop around. Then, just a week ago, it completely popped off. I thought I could fix it but with the hubub of the holidays I didn't get around to trying to fix it until just before Christmas. I could not repair it and was pretty dismayed. My husband suggested I see if there was a warranty and I went to the Kamik site to see and was shocked to see there WAS a warranty and dismayed to hear that it was 1-year and I had missed the cutoff by days.

Undeterred I sent them an email explaining how it had actually broken the week before and I thought I could fix it so I had put off contacting them and was there any chance I could be covered under the warranty and if not, did they have any suggestions for me on how to reattach it? This was sent on a Monday evening. 20 minutes later a woman responded and asked me for the style/color/size and my address. By the next day my new boots were on their way. I was extremely impressed with the very fast response (2 days before Christmas!) and their willingness to help even though I was technically outside the warranty period. Wonderful wonderful service. I will be buying more of their boots for myself and my family.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 20, 2013
I wasn't sure what size to get so I read all the reviews trying to figure it out. Still, never found quite the info I was looking for so decided to leave this review in case it helps anyone. I'm 5" tall, about 100lbs, and usually wear size 6-6.5 in shoes. I'm petite, but think my feet are kinda clumsy looking- not exactly wide, but not slender either, and definitely not high arches.

Given all the comments about tight fit and problems getting the boots on/off and since there are no half sizes, I went with a size 7- better too big than too small, right? The boots fit perfectly- no problems getting them on or off (if you take them off too quickly, you might create a kind of vacuum effect- just slow down). The boot shaft is the perfect height for me, comes to just below my knees; the shaft is tall enough to keep my legs from getting wet, but not so tall that I feel like I should be working in a swamp. I'm somewhat athletic so I have what I consider to be somewhat big calves for someone my height- these boots were NOT a problem, there's still enough room to wear pencil jeans or tights.

Finally, I find them super comfortable for walking. In short, a no brainer for me, great, stylish rain boots under $40! Hope these details help others. And yes, I like that they're made in Canada.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 12, 2010
I have searched and searched for the right rain boots.
These ones looked the best to me. When I received them, I
immediately tried them on. It was very difficult to get them on.
They are amazingly tight on the bridge (top) of my foot.
Once I got them on, they were so snug on the bridge, it was
difficult to walk. They were very comfortable everywhere else.
The size was right. If I had gone up a size, they would have
been too big everywhere else. They are just too snug on the bridge.
I do not have awkward feet. I think they were just made poorly in
regards to size. I did still like the look of them and they seemed
to be made well, other than sizing in that one area.
I returned these boots and am still looking for the right ones.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 1, 2014
So I am updating my review as I orignoly had given these boots 3 stars, so yes they are small, but they are awesome. I wear them with skinny jeans, yoga pants, and leggings. I have literally worn them everyday since I bought them and they not only look cute but are comfortable. So happy I bought these instead of the hunters I originally planned on buying this winter. Size up, maybe even 2 sizes up. If you can get the fit right they are so comfy, so useful, and really cute! I'm 5"4 and they go just below my knees.
review image
on August 12, 2011
I needed a pair of rubber boots but didn't want to pay extra $$$ for Hunters, so I was so happy to find these. I read a lot of mixed reviews with regard to size and I didn't know which one to get. Majority of the reviewers said to order a size up so that's what I did.
First, I didn't have ANY difficulty at all sliding my foot in and out of the boot. I don't know if that is due to my thin (but long) feet.
Second, there is a lot of room inside the footbed. Even with cushioned wool socks on. BUT, I have to mention that when my feet are completely flat inside the boot, the tip of my toe is already almost touching the end. So lengthwise, sizing up is recommended. My feet are medium in width but thin compared to most, so that accounts for the roominess on the top part and sides of my feet.
Third, the bridge area does not bother me at all, in fact when I walk, my heels kinda slide a little bit out of the boots.
Lastly, I have skinny calves (13 in circumference) and there is ample room for me to tuck in skinny and straight leg jeans and still be comfortable.
I just wish I didn't have long and thin feet, so that these would fit me perfectly. But I still give these boots five stars because they are really cute, very light, seems durable, keep my feet dry and are inexpensive! If I sized down, I am worried that at the end of the day when my feet swell, my big toe might die. And I can always wear thicker socks and not worry about them being too tight.
on February 25, 2015
I ordered the Kamik Olivia boot in Charcoal/teal, as pictured. When they arrived, the box said Charcoal but the boots are a light grey with a pinky coral. I was pretty disappointed and am not a fan of this color. But, they fit really well and will do their job, so I decided not to bother with a return over the color of the heel on a rain boot.

I am a pretty solid size 6.5 with a narrow foot. I ordered these in a 7 and they're perfect, snug but not tight. I can still pair them with thick boot socks for warmth.

Overall, these are really good boots. They fit super well and are perfect for stomping around in winter slush. Would I have liked the teal color? Definitely, but oh well.
review image
on December 23, 2014
I loved wearing these boots. They are slim fitting, and stylish. They can be worn with pants or a skirt and you don't have to worry about looking like you have on rain boots. If you have a high instep, these might not be the boots for you. The only discomfort I felt was while driving, but that is me and most boots. In fact, my last pair of Ralph Lauren boots broke across the instep after 9 years of light wear. Oh, and I have very wide feet, and usually buy a size 9 (even through I wear a 8.5) and these fit correctly in every way.

They are durable and the finish is nice. The buckle seems sturdy and I don't know what else to say. It doesn't rain much here, but I feel like I would wear these even when it is not raining because they are so cute.
review image review image
on January 14, 2012
I recently moved to Chicago for grad school and a solid pair of rainboots should just come with tuition. Unfortunately, they don't, so I had to do some serious online shopping. I'm a freelancer and stay-at-home mom, and take classes in the evenings. There aren't a lot of shops with shoes and boots super close to us, and I honestly did not want to drag my daughter all over the city to try stuff on. On the other hand, though, I'm hesitant to buy shoes online because I have really oddly shaped feet. I can wear anything from a children's size 4 to a women's 8, depending upon how narrow the shoe is. So I figured Amazon would be a decent option since I'd be able to return stuff without much hassle.

I read the reviews thoroughly for these boots before choosing a size and purchasing. I know Hunter is the hot boot to have right now, but I'm not dropping over a hundred bucks on something just because I want people to see the name of my shoes. Not to mention, like Uggs, the popularity of the Hunter boot means manufacturing will soon be outsourced (if it hasn't already). Kamiks are Canadian-designed and made in Vermont. Why would I pay $150 for boots made in China when I could pay $40 for ones made in the US?

These Kamik boots were very reasonably priced and a serious deal. The fit is good. Like I said, I have weird feet. They're short and wide. I also have significant calves. They're not quite big enough to necessitate the boots made with an extra wide shaft, though. I chose these in a size 7 and I think I made the right choice. An 8 would have been just too big, although, being honest, a 7.5 would have been perfect. These are the tiniest bit tight at the widest part of my foot, and around the calf. I am not going to be able to tuck regular pants into these. They are strictly a very, very skinny jean/leggings sort of boot.

I wore these during Chicago's first heavy snow of the season, January, 2012. I didn't wear especially thick socks, and my feet actually stayed warm, the traction was great on snow and some icy parts, and they were completely waterproof.

My only negative remark would be that the company should sell 1/2 sizes on Amazon.
on November 14, 2010
These are REALLY excellent rain boots. The grey color is beautiful, the material is quality and the construction appears to be impeccable. This is why I was seriously dissapointed to find out they are much too small for me.

I usually wear a 5.5 and I have fairly narrow feet, so I ordered a 6. The fit when on is great, they're comfy and easy to walk in. The only problem is taking them off again! The fit on the bridge of the foot is very tight and pulling these boots off was so hard I hurt my ankle with all the twisting and pulling.. even if wearing them is great, I never want to have to pull those suckers off again. OUCH!

I'll be returning these and trying another pair of Kamik's.. perhaps this style just wasn't made for my type of foot. They are obviously great boots, just need to find the right ones I guess.

I hope they fit your feet!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 18, 2013
Let me start off by saying that I NEVER write reviews but always read them. So I did a lot of research on rain boots and decided that I didn't want to spent over $100 for rain boots (Hunter) but didn't want cheap ones either. These seemed to be a good price point and they had a good range of colors (I got the navy blue). So many reviews were all over the place - "true to size" but more "way too small." So I decided to get my usual - size 7. I'm not a big person, nor do I have big calves - I'm 5'5" and about 115lbs. These boots fit fantastic! Yes, they are snug but I grew up with rain boots that were really floppy and not comfortable at all. These nicely "hug" my feet and I still have about 1-2 finger width of room on the top of my boots. I had no problems in putting them on nor taking off. I could probably wear them with a pair of skinny jeans but probably couldn't stuff a pair of wide leg jeans into them. (Will look good when I wear a skirt to work without the feeling like I'm wearing my husband's rain boots!) They seem really comfortable to walk around in too. It was a perfect purchase for me!

So if you are a bit of a larger person, or want to wear big thick socks in them, definately go a size up. But I'm average and usually wear thinner socks that work with my dressier boots at work.