5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Boots!
I bought these boots for my teen and fell in love with them, so ordered my own pair! I live in the mountains and spend a lot of time outdoors in the snow and cold. These boots are super comfortable, waterproof, and stylish! They ran about 1/2 size big. I would recommend these boots for sure!!!
Published 13 months ago by KJK

3.0 out of 5 stars They're okay, but not what I had hoped for
Published 17 months ago by KayGee

3.0 out of 5 stars They're okay, but not what I had hoped for, July 26, 2013
This review is from: Kamik Women's Solitude Snow Boot (Apparel)
I had ordered these and Sorel Joan of Arctics at the same time, and I'm actually disappointed in these. I read up on the company because I had never heard of Kamik before, and I figured a Canadian company would make some pretty warm boots. These may be rated to -25, but I'm not so sure that these are going to be warm enough for me. I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan where it gets really cold, and we get boat loads of snow. This is what I have noticed when comparing the two boots...

Sorel Women's Joan Of Arctic Boot (light metal)
-Have more tread on the bottoms.
-reinforced rubber piece where the leather meets the rubber.
-reinforced stitching (3 rows of stitching) where the rubber and leather meet.
-the leather tabs the d rings are attached to have reinforcing rivets.
-laces are smoother and thicker.
-D rings are thicker and larger.
-the tongue doesn't come out as much (I like this because snow is less likely to get in).
-the liners are just straight up better; all edges are sewn, theres a stretchy front panel that goes up almost as high as the boot.
-the leather just seems thicker and the boots just seem more solid overall.

I guess on the plus side, the Kamiks are more light weight than the Sorels. When trying on the Kamiks I can move my ankle around more easily, but that might be because they're a little too big. When I stand up in the Kamiks I can fit both of my thumbs and a little more at the end of my toe, and the Sorels I can only fit one thumb. I usually wear a 9.5 or a 10 and I ordered the Kamiks in a 10, my suggestion would be to order down if you usually wear a half size. I got the Sorels in a size 9 and they seem to be fine. The Kamiks also made my hands all black after handling them, so be careful if you tuck your pants into them. The Kamik Solitude boots would probably be fine for our weather, but they're not up to par with MY expectations. If you have any questions about either boots feel free to ask :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Boots!, November 15, 2013
KJK (salt lake city, Utah) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boot, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Kamik Women's Solitude Snow Boot (Apparel)
These boots are awesome. I made this purchase because I am a seasonal outdoor worker and I need a pair of comfortable, sturdy, warm boots to keep me going on those cold days. These fit the bill. RIght out of the box I could see that they are much more well made than a similar looking pair I had purchased from Target a few years back. I own a pair of size 10 Kamik rain boots, so I went off that for sizing, they fit like a glove! My feet are on the wide side and these do not feel tight whatsoever. Nice and roomy. The fur collar adds a cute, fun touch. They price was great. The only thing is they seem to be more of an olive drab than a tan/taupe. It's not really a complaint on my part because I really like olive drab!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but not nearly as warm as I had hoped, February 13, 2014
For the last several years I had been wearing my trusty Lands End boots on the coldest days of winter, while walking my dog. They were literally worn out and I bid them farewell.

I had high expectations of these Kamik boots..........Canadian company would most certainly make boots capable of keeping my feet warm on the coldest of days.....no? Sadly no, these boots are definitely not built for warmth. I wore them twice and gave them to my niece (she wanted them for fashion not for warmth).

In terms of fit and appearance I would give them a 4, the red isn't quite as vibrant as the picture, but very cute nonetheless. However, I would rate them only as 2 for warmth. Therefore, the 3 star rating is a blend. Before purchasing, assess your needs, they may very well be the boots for you. They may run slightly larger, but certainly not a full size, as other reviewers indicate. I normally wear a size 6 and that's what I ordered. I didn't feel they were too big at all.

I have since purchased a new pair of boots from North Face, uber cute and much warmer, and a new pair from tried and true Lands End. The Lands End is not nearly as cute as the North Face, or even the Kamik, but is much warmer than both. Both the North Face and Lands End are heavier than the Kamik, but I'm keeping both regardless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm boots, December 10, 2013
These boots run large. I had to return for a smaller size. They are very warm & keep my feet dry. Overall, they are great winter boots .

3.0 out of 5 stars Run large!!!!, December 2, 2013
These run a whole size bigger. So order a 6 if you're a 7. They seem like good quality though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit as expected, except for feet with high arch, November 13, 2013
Loved everything about this boot- look, comfortable cushion, construction, quality- except that it was not made for feet with high arches. The seam around the too was too rigid for my arch. Loved boot so much that I bought women's boot stretchers on Amazon to make it fit. Now I'm a satisfied customer, because I really did not want to send it back. I bought my daughter the brown colored boots and they fit her perfect and she loves them! (No arch problems)

3.0 out of 5 stars Alaska for sure!, November 2, 2013
Not chic, just well build boot. Made for the coldest weather. Not great foot support. Needs arch inserts for sure. Feels like muck boots on the bottom. Very warm feeling with high quality material.

5.0 out of 5 stars Womens Kamik boots, October 16, 2013
Love these boots! but I did find they do fit a size bigger! could have went with a 6 rather than a 7 that i usually wear.
Highly recommend them though :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, February 25, 2014
I had these boots for a little over one month. I wore them in normal circumstances. Cold weather, lots of snow and ice, which in turn means salted sidewalks. It looks as though the salt ate through the bottom of one of the heels. ALL THE WAY THROUGH. I thought my feet were just sweating the first couple of times my feet were wet, because I figured there was no way the boots I had just bought would be leaking! I looked at the bottom and there was a hole!! I tried to return the boot, but was told I was out of the 30 day policy. Luckily I emailed Amazon customer support and they were understanding enough to make an exception, but for $20 more dollars you can get a better quality from Sorel or L.L.Bean or something. Don't waste your time on this brand.

Kamik Women's Solitude Snow Boot