Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kanex 3.3 Feet (1.0 Meter)Mini DisplayPort / Thunderbolt Cable - Black (TBOLT1M)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Length: 1 Meter|Change

on March 24, 2013
When I originally purchased the 2M Kanex-branded Thunderbolt cable for use with a Seagate Thunderbolt Adapter it was $10 cheaper than its Apple-branded equivalent. Since then Apple's dropped its 2M TB cable price to $39 as well. So currently the difference is a black cable vs. Apple's white one. Thus far the Kanex has performed reliably & I'd buy another--given the DOA frequency of this type of Apple product. Kanex seems to maintain high QC. Both suppliers ought to be $10 cheaper for a 2-meter cord.
on February 26, 2013
Had absolutely no issues with this cable at all. Looks and feels like quality, even more so then the cable that apple sells!
on August 13, 2013
I have used this to connect a Belkin Thunderbolt Dock connected to a Retina Display 15" MacBook Pro and have used it for over a month with a lot with no problems.
on April 5, 2013
I was skeptical going with a third party Thunderbolt cable since these are the first to come from someone other than Apple, but I was happy to find that this Kanex cable has the same build quality, feel, and flexibility as Apple's, and it's in black!

I would actually be worried if this cable were cheaper than Apple's, but considering it's the same price & length, it's reassuring in a way.

Two thumbs up.
on January 16, 2013
I recently bought a Thunderbolt adapter for my Seagate Backup Plus hard drive. I am glad I did since my Mac Mini and my MB Air are very limited on USB ports. I will need to buy another soon so I don't have to move everything around so often to use or remove this cable. A lot faster than using my older USB hard drive.
on November 8, 2015
very good!!!
on November 11, 2015
didn't work
on March 11, 2013
These arrived as they were ordered, the description was accurate and the price was fair. This was packaged well and arrived on time. Nice!
on February 2, 2015
Kanex needs to change their name to KickAssNex cables. These are better than the Apple offerings - silicon is super flexible and the T-Bolt connector is a tighter than Apple fit - great cables, now my favorite Thunderbolt cable brand...
on October 9, 2014
This is a nice quality cable, and the extra length was perfect for my application. Seems more sturdily built than most TB cables.