5.0 out of 5 stars Kangol Army Cap
I own several styles of Kangol's and wish there were more reviews on them. It's tough to know how they're going to fit ahead of time since you usually can't go to the mall and try all the styles on. I own several of the Army Caps in Large sizes. I'm normally a 7 3/8 in New Era 5950 baseball caps for sizing reference.

These Army caps are really cool. I know that...
Published on November 10, 2010 by T. Snyder

3.0 out of 5 stars Kangol army cap after 2 months of ownership
Let me start of by saying this is quite possibly the best hat i have ever owned. Infact i loved it so much i had to order another....but not by choice but what i think may have been a defect or just bad material choice.

Published 15 months ago by Razor_Wolf

5.0 out of 5 stars Kangol Army Cap, November 10, 2010
This review is from: Kangol Men's Flexfit Army Cap (Apparel)

These Army caps are really cool. I know that I've seen a ton of new-style Army Caps out-and-about now, so they are getting kind of trendy/popular now. Heck, Eminem wore this baby-blue version to VH1's Hip-Hop Honors show in 2009.

First off, this hat is extremely comfortable. The FlexFit technology is really comfortable for my head. If you had a bigger head than me (7 3/8), I worry that the L/XL FlexFit might be tight on your head. But for me, this fits perfectly.

The headroom in the hat is very good. It's not super-tight, nor is the brim super-short. You could really pull it down on your head and have plenty of room up there.

There is a hidden pocket/pouch in the head-liner in the inside of the top of the hat. The brim is already-curved and isn't really built for keeping sunlight away.

Lastly, you as you can see on some of the pictures here on Amazon, but there is a block-lettered "KANGOL" written on the left-front of the hat, where the brim meets the crown-part of the hat. The block lettering is a bit LOUD for my taste, so that's the one major complaint I have. I would have preferred more subtlety.

Overall, if you're tired of the same old baseball caps, try the army cap. It's very comfortable, and very sharp-looking. Definitely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kangol Cap, September 11, 2010
I really like this hat. In fact, my husband is the one who really loves it. He is going through chemo and this is the only type of hat he will wear. He even wears it at home, it's so comfortable. The only thing I don't like about it is that it can't be cleaned. It can't be washed (no hand washing either) or dry cleaned. I tried hand washing one of them but the hat slightly lost its shape and color.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kangol army cap after 2 months of ownership, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Kangol Men's Flexfit Army Cap (Apparel)

I wear this hat every day. I spend a majority of my times in doors during the week, and outdoors filming during the weekend. I chose this hat because it worked best for what i do.

However i noticed after a few weekends of direct sunlight "wile standing in the sun" my hat started to fade from its lovely olive color to more of a tan brown color.

Now my friend swore agents Kangol having some of the best hats out there. And I should get one because of the build quality and material quality. So I figured this would be a good hat to put with the rest of my film gear for weddings, events, and other things I film.

Now the hat has faded so much I cant use it during these events because it looks trashy.

I take pretty good care of my hat, I treat it as if it was one of my expensive lenses. Keeping it out of the sun as much as posible and storing it in my bag when not in use.

I still love the style and the brand so I ordered another, however this time in black. I really hope my new hat wont fade like this hat did.

If your thinking about buying this hat, id say do it! just be aware that over a few short months of outdoor activities it will become faded. I will update this post in another 2 months comparing it to my new hat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Large Egg Heads Dream, February 14, 2013
This hat was purchased for my husband, who happens to have a VERY LARGE head, that is long and somewhat egg shaped. That being said, it's extremely difficult to find hats that fit him properly without looking ridiculous. Regular hats have large bills and just don't fit his face at all. This hat has a shorter bill, fits around his head perfectly, and looks great.

The only complaint he has is the hidden pocked on the inside where the forehead rests. Because of the long egg shaped head of his, it makes the forehead of the hat a little stiff and sticks out. Most people don't have egg shaped heads, so regular heads might not have this problem.

This is the second time we've purchased a Kangol like this. Well made, last a really long time, and look great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kangol is the greatest, September 26, 2010
This review is from: Kangol Men's Flexfit Army Cap (Apparel)
Not to get overly excited about a hat, but this is the brand to buy if you're looking for this type of hat. The quality is great, the hat is low profile (no cone head action), the flex fit is comfy, and there's a pocket inside.

The only thing to be aware of is that this hat isn't very cool. I think it's because the pocket (which is on the roof part of the hat) adds another layer of cloth which helps to keep in the heat. Also, I think that Kangol uses a thicker material than some other brands. The upside is that the thicker material makes the hat more durable, and it's warmer in the winter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cap, poor dye quality, December 14, 2012
This review is from: Kangol Men's Flexfit Army Cap (Apparel)
Like most other reviews, I agree that Kangol did a great job designing this cap.

The Flexfit band is very snug and comfortable.

I also like how they included a pocket inside the cap - something that caught me by surprise when I first wore it.

However, the dye on the hat wore off too easily from moderate use. Sweat can easily discolor the cap. And sadly, these caps are not supposed to be washed.

I'm going to bleach this cap and redye it a different shade of green.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat, April 1, 2014
When it comes to hats I know my hats. This hat has become my go to hat for all casual occasions. I own 3 Kangol hats and I honestly do not think I will buy a different brand again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Constructed Hat., February 14, 2014
I've reviewed this hat before purchasing and Kangol says not to wash it whatsoever however, I have the white one and have worked in it many times and have gotten it dirty. I have washed this in the washing machine on gentle cycle with soapy bleach water and the hat has come out spotless EVERYTIME. I wouldn't recommend machine washing the colored hats but if you must wash the colored ones, wash in cold water and HAND WASH it. Let drip dry.

Even after washing my white one in the machine, it still retains it shape and the nap of the wool is still new looking. IDK why Kangol says not to wash it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Hat with some Give/Take on Comfort..., December 3, 2013
I give this Kangol Army Cap a 3-star rating for the following rationale:

Pros - This is a very well-made hat; it is durable, warm (with sufficient breathing) and seems to retain its color rather well. The fabric is both strong and soft, the brim is flexible yet still retains its normal shape and the stitches hold splendidly - this Minnesotan in the construction industry is certainly impressed with the craftsmanship Kangol put into this hat! The hat's aesthetic appeal is perhaps its greatest asset, however; it is an attractive, fashionable hat that has elicited many compliments from confidants & strangers of all stripes since I've owned it (a little more than 2 months). The little pocket is nifty for hiding small amounts of cash or guitar picks, and it's so unnoticeable you can forget you put anything in there for days at a time...

Cons - Thanks to the patented Flexfit feature, this hat is not very comfortable to wear. While the Flexfit band does ensure the hat stays firmly atop your head, it is made of a more abrasive fabric that scratches & chafes the skin of your forehead; this is especially disappointing, considering the rest of the hat is so soft by comparison. Also, the hat doesn't look like it fits quite right when you first put it on.*

*Like any article of attire, this hat will fit everyone differently. While I cannot speak for the larger size, I can say that the S/M I received is really more of a variable small; if your head size/shape leans towards medium, this hat will make your cranium appear a slight more narrow than it should at first. You will likely want to give it a couple weeks to break in and conform to your head's shape.

OVERALL: While the hat is high-quality, durable and fashionable, it's not the most comfortable I've worn and isn't "street-ready" for perhaps a week or two after receiving it. Take away the Flexfit, and this would be one of the best hats I've ever worn; as it stands now, though, I would probably buy a different hat if given the choice. Regardless, this hat is still worth the paltry $25 I spent, the product was shipped on-time and nothing was defective or otherwise blemished when I received it.

***UPDATE: 2/9/14***
After owning the hat for a couple more months, I can now say that I spoke prematurely on praising the hat's color retention; not long after posting this review, I noticed the hat's deep black had faded considerably, and now it very obviously contrasts with other black articles of clothing. The combination of sunlight exposure and regular usage will inevitably cause any black-dyed fabrics to fade over time, but this amount of color loss is extensive for less than six months' ownership, even considering how often I wear it. Matching this hat with black-dominated outfits is more difficult now as a result, especially if the coat is a deeper hue...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat!, November 2, 2013
Very comfortable. It's tight enough so it doesn't fall off, but it doesn't leave me with a raging headache after wearing it. A nice change from the usual ball cap.

Kangol Men's Flexfit Army Cap