5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT !
I ordered the hat for my husbands Birthday. I knew what he would like but it is difficult to purchase without seeing the product first. He is very well pleased with the hat & the perfect fit. I couldn't have done any better had it been in a store & he coose for himself. Most likely he will be getting one for winter in wool.
Published on June 4, 2010 by Candy Sullivan

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but too big
The 507 is a great summer hat that vents really well, but the sizing is all wrong. With almost all of the fitted hats I own, I'm a solid 7 5/8, which is the upper end of the listed size range for the XL 507, but the hat is clearly too big. I also tried a L, and it fits perfectly, even though, on paper, I shouldn't be able to get it onto my head.
Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT !, June 4, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite spring/summer hat, May 18, 2014
I want to note ahead of time, I wear a 7 3/4 size hat in New Era hats and in most fitted hats. I tried the XXL in the 504 since it says 7 3/4 at the beginning of its range. It was too big, not so much in the band area, but in the actual hat part. I could feel parts of it bulging away from my head. I ordered the XL in this 507 and it fits perfect, even though it says it fits up to 7 5/8. So I do believe these run a little big. Keep that in mind if ordering a borderline size like I was.

These hats have multiple pluses. They are nice enough to wear with a polo and dress pants. They are casual enough to wear while just hanging around outside.
They stop my sunburn head. If shaving your head has one big disadvantage it's the possibility of sunburn. Anyone who shaves their head should own at least one of these hats. I grew up wearing baseball caps nearly all the time, but my wife doesn't like the baseball cap look. She does however love these Kangol hats on me.
These hats are very cool (temperature) and are extremely lightweight.
The price, especially on all the base colors, is as cheap as most baseball caps. Throw one of these on with a t-shirt and workout pants, then put it back on when you go out to eat with your wife. They really don't clash with any clothing choices, except maybe a suit, but I wouldn't know on that one.
You'll know if these style of hats are for you as soon as you put it on. If you're a head-shaver, it will feel just like the first time you shaved your head and you knew that was going to be your hairstyle for the future. I'm going to order several more in different colors.
Lastly, it doesn't say waterproof or rain resistant, but it does a nice job of keeping its shape after being rained on.

A quick comparison to the 504 ventair model, the Tropic feels more structured, similar to the difference in a high crown baseball cap (507) and a low crown baseball cap (504). The 504 may be a bit cooler and more ventilated, but not by much. I don't know how much of that is just the placebo effect of the venting mesh of the 504. I like the look of the 507 a little more, but this is very much subjective. The 504 feels a lot flatter. Both have shown to be durable, but the 507 handled rain better. I prefer the 507, but will keep the 504 handy for trips to the beach or anywhere overly hot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definatly an upgrade from my Baseball hat, June 27, 2013
Papaw Jeff (Saint Albans, WV) - See all my reviews
I always wear a hat because mother nature has taken away a great deal of my hair.
This cap looks much more stylish than a baseball hat and is very comfortable and cool for warmer weather.
It is true to size(Not adjustable) with the charts I found directly on Kangols Website.
My baseball hats still have their time and place but this is a very great option many times

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer weight cap, June 11, 2013
I got this hat to replace a similar hat by Adidas that is no longer in production. It seemed to run a bit large, but a quick wash and dry shrunk it just enough to make it fit perfect. Quality construction. I'm extremely happy with how well it breathes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hat, high price - but worth it, April 25, 2014
This review is from: Kangol Men's Tropic 507 Hat - 6915Bc (Apparel)
Wish i could find a hat like this for less then $45-50. Seems like a high price for a hat, but once you have it, you won't wear anything else. I had to send back a Lg for a XL, but head size is subjective.

4.0 out of 5 stars 507, March 15, 2011
As someone who prefers a more traditional flat cap look I find this cap a bit too radically styled for my taste but still a fine addition to my collection for use on a warm day. The fabric blend makes this the lightest hat I own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected, good stitching, June 27, 2014
This hat fit exactly as expected (based on a previous 507 Tropic) and the stitching wasn't messy as I've seen with some suspected knock-offs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The smart style I expected from a Kangol Hat, June 25, 2013
This Hat is exactly what I was looking for. It was promptly shipped and was eaxactly as desceibed and pictured. I own 4 Knagol Hats now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 14, 2013
very comfortable hat it fits perfect the color is awesome just as vibrant as it looks on the web i wear about a 7 1/2 so i ordered a 2x fits great although i concerned about the stretching over time so i may return it and get a X- large i also were skull cap under my hats to keep sweat from rolling down my face but all and all i love the nice style i would recommend buyin one if not just for the variety of colors i was not a fan of the Kangol hat but these change my mind

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets compliments, January 14, 2013
I get lots of compliments while wearing this hat. It's comfortable and breathes very well. It's made of a nylon mesh material that you can almost see through.

Kangol Men's Tropic 507 Hat - 6915Bc