Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on May 3, 2015
The sleeves are ridiculously long. No child in the world could have these measurements. I added a photo of another brand's rash guard laying into of this one. The white one fits my son perfectly, including the sleeves. comparing the two...The torso measurements are identical. But the sleeves are a good 6+ inches longer. I don't get it.
review image
11 comment19 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 20, 2013
We have a tall two year old who wears 3T shirts, so we ordered a white 3T for him. This rashguard works great for sun protection, and looks good and fits well too.

Well, anyway, it used to look good. Then we went to an island for a one-week holiday involving lots of beaches and playing in the sand.

Now we have a rash guard that is white on top, getting progressively darker as you go down the shirt, with the bottom part kind of a dull, sandy grey. Literally sandy.

Look, we like the product OK. It works well and fits well, although the sleeves are a little long. The neck is nice and snug and a little high, which is great. Most important, after a week with a couple of hours on the beach every morning and again in the afternoon, our boy never had any sunburn. True, we were out there mostly before 11 am and after 3 pm -- but I think it would provide protection for peak sun hours too.

The white looks great, and probably stays that way if your child isn't playing a lot in the sand with it. But if he or she is, expect some serious discoloration. It looks pretty bad now, very used.

I'm the father and spent a lot of time with my son playing in the sand. My own rash guard did not discolor -- a light blue watery pattern. The sand doesn't seem to have stuck to mine at all, and it still looks new. So we'll probably be looking for a different brand next time.
on July 13, 2015
Bought 2 size 2T for my 2 yr old boys ( one is 20% weight 10% height and wears 18 month, the other 45% weight, 80% height and wears 2T). Last year the brands I tried were short from the wrist by an inch or two (the point was to not to have to use sunblock on the arms), and short in the torso. Yes, these sleeves are longer than they need be, but they stay up when you push them above the wrist, and they don't look bad or overly bunched – so I don't know what people are complaining about. The torso was also long enough. They were baggier than I expect from a rash guard fit, but my kids are skinny, this gives them room to grow, and it mostly stayed down in the water anyways.
on June 26, 2012
We used this for our 3 year old who is now 4 and have loved it. Used other shirts from Toys R Us and other Amazon brands but this one is lighter, more flexible thus easier to get on and off and soooo soft. Am ordering another for my 2 year old (very fair) daughter.
on August 28, 2014
Kanu long sleeve in dark blue, size 4T. It's loose fit on a smaller framed child. Great rash guard, fabric appears to be good quality and thick. Dries quickly. My child loves the shirt. The dark color keeps him warmer when he plays in the water and gets soaked. The size chart provided was accurate.
on June 24, 2015
I got size 4T for my 2.5years old son weighing 15.5kg, 94cm tall. I'm glad I ordered 1 size up. The rashguard measures about 29cm across the chest
on August 22, 2013
Has done a terrific job of keeping my fair-skinned, red-headed 3-year-old in good shape. Goes with everything and looks like it will last.
on January 16, 2016
Ordered blue, 5T for my 4.5 year old, 39 lbs 43" tall. Yes, the sleeves are a little long, but this is not an issue in use, as the sleeves are snug on the arm and therefore do not slip below the wrist... they simply bunch up on the arm, which in my book allows for comfortable freedom of movement and better sun protection. Other brands I've bought also have long sleeves, so I think this was by design. The material is nice... actually nicer than a speedo swim top I have for myself. In fact, I'm probably going to order a grown-up size for me as soon as I'm done writing this review. The blue color has not dripped dye as some other reviewers mention with certain colors. Great swim top, good quality, zero reason to spend more for an international brand, especially for kids.
on July 30, 2015
Great rashguard and nice rich navy blue color, however, as many others have said the sleeves are much too long for the body size. It still works well protecting my son from the sun and the sleeves bunch up, which are not overly cumbersome. It takes a bit of time feeding my 2 year olds arms through the long sleeves. *Update the white emblem melted off and stuck to my husbands skin while my son napped in my husbands arms under a shaded umbrella at the beach.
on July 12, 2015
I bought 2 pairs of these for my husband and my 4yo boy to use when they go fishing. I coordinated their colors. My husband said that it was very comfortable and was really surprised that in 95F weather, his body and underarms did not get sweaty. In fact, he said it felt cool. To make a long story short, he wanted me to order a 3rd pair. That coming from my hubby who is very picky with his shirts.