Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on May 26, 2012
We purchased this shirt for our summer at the beach. My son is five, 49 inches, and 52 pounds and the size 8 just fits him - so the shirt is cut on the small side. He usually wears a size six in clothes. The shirt is light enough in color to not absorb the hot sun but dark enough to not show any discoloration from the salt water or pool water. The shirt has a slight mock turtle collar, which allows for a bit of his neck to be covered. He feels comfortable in the shirt and it dries quickly. The only other issue besides it being on the small side is that the little picture on the front is half peeled off after less than a month of wear. I would recommend this shirt for affordable sun coverage.
on May 3, 2015
The sleeves are ridiculously long. No child in the world could have these measurements. I added a photo of another brand's rash guard laying into of this one. The white one fits my son perfectly, including the sleeves. comparing the two...The torso measurements are identical. But the sleeves are a good 6+ inches longer. I don't get it.
on February 11, 2014
I bought the size medium/10 in white for my 10 year old, 54", 65lb son. It fits perfectly- I'm actually really impressed! After 15 days straight of sun, saltwater, chlorine pools, hiking, zip lining, rough sand play, and much more, it's still in terrific condition. It's fairly lightweight and stretchy- the neck isn't too small or big- my son has a "larger" head :) and some tops are so tight in the neck we end up taking them back. It was completely perfect.
on July 13, 2015
Bought 2 size 2T for my 2 yr old boys ( one is 20% weight 10% height and wears 18 month, the other 45% weight, 80% height and wears 2T). Last year the brands I tried were short from the wrist by an inch or two (the point was to not to have to use sunblock on the arms), and short in the torso. Yes, these sleeves are longer than they need be, but they stay up when you push them above the wrist, and they don't look bad or overly bunched – so I don't know what people are complaining about. The torso was also long enough. They were baggier than I expect from a rash guard fit, but my kids are skinny, this gives them room to grow, and it mostly stayed down in the water anyways.
review image
We have a tall two year old who wears 3T shirts, so we ordered a white 3T for him. This rashguard works great for sun protection, and looks good and fits well too.

Well, anyway, it used to look good. Then we went to an island for a one-week holiday involving lots of beaches and playing in the sand.

Now we have a rash guard that is white on top, getting progressively darker as you go down the shirt, with the bottom part kind of a dull, sandy grey. Literally sandy.

Look, we like the product OK. It works well and fits well, although the sleeves are a little long. The neck is nice and snug and a little high, which is great. Most important, after a week with a couple of hours on the beach every morning and again in the afternoon, our boy never had any sunburn. True, we were out there mostly before 11 am and after 3 pm -- but I think it would provide protection for peak sun hours too.

The white looks great, and probably stays that way if your child isn't playing a lot in the sand with it. But if he or she is, expect some serious discoloration. It looks pretty bad now, very used.

I'm the father and spent a lot of time with my son playing in the sand. My own rash guard did not discolor -- a light blue watery pattern. The sand doesn't seem to have stuck to mine at all, and it still looks new. So we'll probably be looking for a different brand next time.
on July 30, 2015
Great rashguard and nice rich navy blue color, however, as many others have said the sleeves are much too long for the body size. It still works well protecting my son from the sun and the sleeves bunch up, which are not overly cumbersome. It takes a bit of time feeding my 2 year olds arms through the long sleeves. *Update the white emblem melted off and stuck to my husbands skin while my son napped in my husbands arms under a shaded umbrella at the beach.
on June 9, 2013
This is a great shirt! The sizing information indicated a medium was size 10-12, but the tag inside said size 10 and it was true to a size 10. It is a wonderful shirt, but slightly small so I ordered another in a larger size.
on April 26, 2014
Ordered a size bigger and fits well. This is not the body fitting type which is what I'm looking for. Worn everyday on a week long trip in the Bahamas, and performed well! Sun lotion applied only on exposed areas. Not only was there no sunburn but also saved the environment as well as sun lotion!
on August 28, 2014
Kanu long sleeve in dark blue, size 4T. It's loose fit on a smaller framed child. Great rash guard, fabric appears to be good quality and thick. Dries quickly. My child loves the shirt. The dark color keeps him warmer when he plays in the water and gets soaked. The size chart provided was accurate.
on January 16, 2016
Ordered blue, 5T for my 4.5 year old, 39 lbs 43" tall. Yes, the sleeves are a little long, but this is not an issue in use, as the sleeves are snug on the arm and therefore do not slip below the wrist... they simply bunch up on the arm, which in my book allows for comfortable freedom of movement and better sun protection. Other brands I've bought also have long sleeves, so I think this was by design. The material is nice... actually nicer than a speedo swim top I have for myself. In fact, I'm probably going to order a grown-up size for me as soon as I'm done writing this review. The blue color has not dripped dye as some other reviewers mention with certain colors. Great swim top, good quality, zero reason to spend more for an international brand, especially for kids.