Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2010 10:05:46 AM PST
Kanye West as a person has made mistakes and suffered from setbacks more so than most people. He has most recently been known for acting a fool at award shows. Its quite easy to see why some people have lost respect for Kanye West but is he wrong for always speaking his mind and not caring what critics or anyone else thinks? Is that not the thing we strive for in our conforming society where less and less people have their own opinions and everyone listens to what the media says. Whether you love Kanye West or hate Kanye West for his actions it is clear that he is by far one of the greatest artist of the century. Kanye West has helped change hip hop in a time when hip hop desperately needs a new look and style. Kanye is a lyrical genius by taking the hip hop industry to a new level on his new album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Kanye is bringing excitement to the rap game for the first time in years. It is clear in My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy that Kanye is over his self pity party from his last album 808's & Heartbreak. This album is clearly Kanye West's best album receiving 5 out 5 stars from The Rolling Stones Magazine. He has always been seen as cocky and conceited, but its clear in this album he can back it up. His unique style of rapping is very refreshing in todays hip hop world where artists are always using similes and metaphors to display their messages. His lyrics show just how creative he has become ..."I fantasized about this back in Chicago
Mercy, mercy me, that Murcielago
That's me, the first year that I blow
How you say broke in Spanish? Me no hablo ." Every song on the album is unique in its on sense, the music is inspirational with meaning. Lyrics from the song "Lost In The World" have a very deep meaning to which anyone can relate: "Your my devil,your my angel
Your my heaven, your my hell,
You're my now, you're my forever,
You're my freedom, your my jail,
You're my lies your my truth,
You're my war you're my truce
Your my questions your my proof." Most people have experienced a situation where someone they loved was also the person they hated. Kanye West has really raised the bar with this album and he has definitely created the best album of the year by far. In a time when buying albums is very rare I believe that Kanye West will be able to sell 300,000 albums. Kanye as an artist is way past any other rap artist of our time, his creativity really is show in the movie Runaway which he made for this album. The story line and plot were all developed by Kanye west and his music from the album tells a story as the movie progress. Kanye West is one of the best artists of all time not just a rapper but an all around artist.

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 3:43:46 AM PST
Kind of hard to read it all, but I agree on all except one thing...I believe he'll do around 800,000 copies. Too many people who missed out on 808s, a great album in my opinion, missed it because they wanted Kanye to rap. Well he does this time around, and based on Rolling Stones review, he's doing it better than anyone has in years.

Alot of the whole awards show blowout was mainly because it was what was trending at the time, hate Kanye. But if you've been keeping up with all the lead up to the album, you see it's pretty much people who hated Kanye from the start, who are still going on about it. I'm sure some of them are undercover Kanye fans.

If My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy moves less than 700,000 copies it's first week, then it's just proof people would rather buy crap, than good and creative music. No matter what the number's are, I'll have my copy.

Posted on Nov 16, 2010 5:49:57 PM PST
Ph0lly says:
Why post this crap 4 times, just to get a response?

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 11:40:22 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 29, 2011 7:41:57 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2010 2:46:10 PM PST
R. Camacho says:
There will always be haters....that's the way it is...
and hater man marries hater girl and will have hater kids

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 7:54:43 AM PST
i don't even think kanye's album is the best hip-hop record of the year, let alone the best all around. gimme black milk's "album of the year" or the roots' "how i got over" anyday.

kanye is good, i agree, but his beats are pete rock with a budget and his rhymes are jay-z for juniors. he's the new version of hip-hop that white people like to rally around. there's far more interesting and creative hip-hop out there right now and it doesn't cost $3 million an album to produce. he's a wanker, great songs and all. as american as they come, and i don't mean that in a good way.

this new kid, nawlij, will be better than kanye in two years. black milk already is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 6:26:49 AM PDT
moozak says:
hating the haters eh!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2011 11:07:04 AM PDT
First of all, Kanye West is in no way whatsoever one of the greatest artists of any era (he never was and never will be). As far as him constantly saying and doing things that are offensive, maybe people might be more forgiving of him if he were to wake up one day, say "what an idiot I've been being lately," and make an honest effort to be a better person, but that's not likely to happen. He makes awful music, and he knows that there are many people nowadays who are no longer oblivious to that, so like many a celebrity who prefers money and attention over integrity, he has resorted to acting like an [expletive] to keep from disappearing from the public consciousness.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West (Audio CD - 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars (501)