‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery for my Vixia HF R500, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Kapaxen BP-727 Intelligent Battery for Select Canon VIXIA Full HD Camcorders (Camera)
Works just like the factory battery, shows the length of time left as you use it. Currently on a full charge it says 190mins for my Vixia HF R500. I will likely buy more of these to have fully charged spares ready to go. A great value compared to the Canon equivalent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long life and works just like the OEM, November 6, 2013
Outstanding Value! For less than a third of the OEM battery, I'm getting 190+minutes per charge. Unlike so many other 3rd party batteries, this one has the electronics to show the remaining life on the camera's LCD screen. I'll probably buy another one as a backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great additional battery capable of using the stock camcorder charging, December 16, 2013
I thought I'd update the product review with some information I couldn't find elsewhere. I have the Canon VIXIA HF R400.

As said in the description, it works perfectly with the camcorder and displays remaining time left on the screen (the Intelligent part). For me it starts at about 165 minutes fully charged but drops a little faster than I think it should, so I'm going to plan on 120 minutes (2 hours) and still bring my stock battery if needed.

It is a little deeper (sticks out from the back of the camera farther). I haven't measured it, but i'd say it's about 1/2 inch. Not noticable really, but if your camera bag is tight it's worth knowing. Other than that it's about the same.

It is charged just like the stock battery. Snap it on the camera, plug in the stock charging cable to the camera and wait for the light to stop flashing. The cannon charger cable is already proprietary, so I didn't want to have to remember yet another cable / charger. I just got back from vacation and only brought the camera, two batteries (stock and this one) and the stock charging cord. Worked great with multiple charges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great non-OEM battery, July 5, 2014
Works longer than the OEM and still going strong. I'll probably buy this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3, 2014
ok - arrived on time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery- no need to buy the name brand, June 26, 2014
This battery works great so far. I have had it for a few weeks now and it has been performing as expected. I like that it works with the battery indicator on my camcorder that shows how much power you have left.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, June 23, 2014
I am sometimes hesitant to buy replacement parts from other manufacturers than the original.

The price point on this battery sold me, and it has been a great purchase.

I have used the battery on a few shoots now, and it has yet to cause any problems. I have never run out of juice when shooting with this battery.

When on the charger - it charges quickly and does not heat up the way some batteries do while charging.

The onscreen guide provides accurate info on the battery. That was one of the negatives I noticed others posting. Maybe those folks got a defective unit, more likely I think, they have not installed the battery properly.

Definitely a worthy addition to your arsenal of accessories in the camera bag !!

5.0 out of 5 stars The camera displays the charge time left!, May 6, 2014
I received this battery last week. I got it for a Canon VIXIA HF R300 camcorder. I received mixed answers on whether or not the camcorder would work with the intelligence of this battery. To my pleasant surprise, the remaining time does show up on the camera display! See proof of the battery intelligence working on my short review. [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Kapaxen BP-727 Intelligent Battery for Select Canon VIXIA Full HD..., May 4, 2014
This Battery is exactly the same as the original Canon Vixia battery that came with the initial camcorder purchase. I have had no problems what so ever, performs exactly as it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good battery, May 1, 2014
doug (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Canon should give their video cameras away, and just make their profit on their batteries--they charge a lot. Purchased several of these for our R300's and they work great. I recommend them. They read battery life remaining in the cameras, etc.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›