- Series: Kaplan GRE Premier Program (W/CD)
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: Kaplan Publishing; Pap/Cdr/Ps edition (June 5, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1609781007
- ISBN-13: 978-1609781002
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.2 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.7 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (138 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #208,689 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Kaplan 2013 GRE® Premier: with 5 Online Practice Tests + DVD Pap/Cdr/Ps Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It shows 10 practice sets for each quantitative and verbal sections in addition to the 5 practice tests. Unfortunately only 2 of the practice sets in each quantitative and verbal sections are actually available. I'm told that these other sets are "being added and will be available sometime in the future", but I'm still very disappointed.
Overall, the material can probably help increase a GRE score, but I was hoping for more accessible material that what's provided...
The claim of "online access to 900+ questions" is flatly false. Basic Math: 100 questions per practice test X 5 + 20 questions per practice "set" X 4 = 580 available practice questions.
***It arrived today and I figure something relatively interesting.
1. This 2013 Premier has no difference whatsoever comparing to 2011-2012 Premier Edition. The table of contents and pages are exactly the same. For instance, if I flip to P.248 in 2011-2012 Premier, it is chapter 13 talking about the kaplan method for data interpretation; and if I flip to the same page in 2013 Premier, SAME! I tried several pages as well and they are all the same.
2. After flipping to the 1st page from the book cover, I figured out that I dont really need to buy this book because all you need is a online book link, a keyword and a kaplan online account. If you have 2011-2012 Premier, just use the same keyword and you will have free access to all features in the 2013 Premier "AND" GRE Strategies, Practice and Review 2013, including the MST.
3. Good thing it cost $20 to own for a 575 pages book unlike those college student rip off textbooks or course readers that cost over $100 - $200 that you don't even know if you will be flipping them at all. I know I purchased $120 hardcover textbook that the professor does not require us to know anything about it because the exam is directly from the lecture notes and worksheet. The textbook itself is just supplemental for your reference.
4. I dont think it is worth it signing up for those on-site classes for $600 just for GRE, even the just the Verbal (4 classes) by itself will not help too much.Read more ›
You get 2 that work for each section. The rest have problems loading images, answers, and questions.
I've tried e-mailing Tech Support a couple times (5 days ago, 2 days ago), but have received no replies.
So I got some strategies, 2 practice sets for each section, and a diagnostic test.
The answers are very thorough, but it's not much use when the questions themselves are too easy.
I haven't taken the test yet, but I just bought Barron's math book, and Kaplan's math section looks ridiculous in comparison.
Update: After this review was posted, Kaplan sent me an e-mail informing me that they had reset all my practice tests. They also gave me a question bank of 2500 free questions. The question bank was convenient and let me generate customized tests where I could select the type, difficulty, and number of questions I wanted. I've updated this from a 2 to a 3.
If you're looking for a thorough review of algebra, geometry, stats, data interpretation, all those problem-solving foundation skills you learned / never learned in high school, I suggest starting with a text like Manhattan GRE. I'm frustrated with this Kaplan book because it explains how to do each problem differently, rather than providing me the skills to solve an array of questions. There's plenty of opportunity to practice though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After studying one mont with this book i got an awesome score and got into a top 10 university. I recommend this book to everyone.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I got this book to study for the GRE, overall it's not that bad, but the test was a lot different than the book. For the price it was great.Published 2 months ago by lilone06
Just another way for Kaplan to make money.
There are enough free resources on the web or local library - this (or any) GRE book isn't worth the money.
More than anything, I study guide like this gives you piece of mind for the types of questions you will see on the test. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Cameron Tyler