Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook 6th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
~~~~ The 2011 6th edition has a number of improvements: ~~~~
- The overview of te GMAT has been beefed up
- The SC section has been slightly restructured and upgraded (though could have used more help)
- The RC section also got a good update (no longer lists an emergency reading plan - I thought that was always a bad idea). Also restructures the RC chapter to be more logical
- The CR section
- The print is better; the text is actually black as opposed to gray in my 5th edition
~~~~ SUMMARY ~~~~
Though not as detailed as some of the dedicated RC, CR, SC books, it provides great balance of useful strategies/instruction and time required to cover them. Good number of practice questions and also a grammar/style usage guide at the end. There is a total of 250 verbal questions (no new ones in the 6th edition)
~~~~~ STRENGTHS ~~~~~
- No tricks, just straightforward strategies to every section (3-4 steps). Easy to remember and simple to use
- Was just the right length for me (covered it in 3 weeks)
- Good number of exercise questions; both 220 GMAT-like (220) and exercises in the chapters; the questions are on the harder side
- Style/Usage guide and list of idioms (you must know all of these)
- Sets the right expectations (GMAT-style reading is very different from casual reading).Read more ›
A book to have or share if you are getting ready for the GMAT!!
But a BIG HEADS-UP: I bought the 6th Edition, 2011 print year and it's outdated. Beginning June 2012, GMAC replaced the second AWA essay (Issue Essay) with Integrated Reasoning. But this book was printed in 2011, before the change took place so it does not have the current format.
For current potential GMAT takers, make sure you buy the current version with Integrated Reasoning.