- Series: Kaplan Gmat Premier Live
- Paperback: 1200 pages
- Publisher: Kaplan Publishing; Csm Pap/Ps edition (June 12, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1609780930
- ISBN-13: 978-1609780937
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.9 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (80 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #365,943 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Kaplan New GMAT Premier 2013 with 5 Online Practice Tests (Kaplan Gmat Premier Live) Csm Pap/Ps Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
~~~ THE GOOD: ~~~
* Significant Revision - first major revision since 2008! I can see a big influence from the Manhattan GMAT approach and book structure. It seems this book (now at 1,100 pages) included many of the cliff notes from the MGMAT series. All sections have been revised and significantly beefed up - the book has added 450 pages since last edition!
* Quite a few new questions - very good!Read more ›
The only thing I've been very disappointed about with this book is the iPad version (access is included with the book). The iPad version includes the full text of the book and is marketed as an alternative to carrying the heavy book with you. However, the formatting on the iPad could use some work - many questions require you to scroll over on the page to read the entire question, which is especially distracting on reading comprehension problems, and there is not an option to select a bubble for an answer choice or even to jump right to the correct answer, so it makes answering practice questions difficult. For this reason, I haven't found the app to be a good replacement for carrying the book.
While this book alone won't get you to an 800 score, it's a good start to get a basic review of the GMAT topics before diving into more complicated practice problems.
Here's the thing - the math strategies work and are helpful for eliminating answers and saving time during the test. I do recommend the Kaplan strategies. The book provides a basic overview of the strategies, when to use each, etc. The book provides next to nothing as far as organized math review, leaving it all to the explanations of the practice problems.
I took the GMAT last weekend and scored well, but not as high as I want so I will be retaking the test next month. I purchased this book because it comes with 5 CAT tests. That is where the value comes in. The more you can practice taking the test while simulating the actual format and test-taking environment the better equipped you will be to score well. The PowerPrep that you can download from the GMAT website is great (and FREE) but only comes with 2 tests with no explanations for questions provided.
I plan to use this book for the additional online tests. It's no joke that practice makes perfect!
ADDENDUM - I noticed from the comment left from another customer that this review might not be clear - the math review in this book is very in depth. It is the basic version that does not include math review.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Useful only for your first preparation. You will need another GMAT books to excel your GMAT practicePublished 4 months ago by Kartika Indah Wijayati