Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kaplan New York City Specialized High Schools Admissions Test
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 7, 2011
As soon as the school year began, I picked this up for my oldest who will be entering highschool this coming year. When I took the specialized high school exam over 2 decades ago, two names helped me pass; first was Kaplan, the other was Barrons. I purchased both guides since I wanted her to have the same advantages I did. Suffice it to say, my daughter found the Kaplan book easier to work with.

Kaplan makes the practice exams difficult, but the detailed explanations are fluid and can very well put teachers out of a job. In one hour with this test prep book, she developed an understanding of math her teachers had not touched in class as yet. Well done Kaplan, thank you.
on October 5, 2011
I am a private tutor and I help students prepare for the SHSAT. This is one of the books that I use to help them prepare for the exam. It has a lot of practice exercises as well as multiple full-length practice exams. I highly recommend students to complete this book along with some other good books available in order to do well on the SHSAT.
asheque@engineer.com
on March 29, 2013
This book does not reflect the real SHSAT at all.
When my child did the tests at the end of this book, I was quite disappointed and worry. My child seemed to be confused too.
However, at his school, several mothers told me that this book does not reflect the style nor level of the real SHSAT so they told us to stop using this book. We followed their instruction (and I am happy to tell you that it worked :) You can buy it for your child's brain exercise or further study guide, but if you do not have time to waste, I recommend not to use this book.
on August 30, 2011
This book has been a nice review for my 12 year old preparing for her SHST and I believe it has boosted her confidence which is how I believe she'll do better on her test with confidence.
on October 27, 2012
I found one mistake in the book, but I would still recommend it. Much better than McGraw-Hill version. You can use it together with downloads from the web, since the problems in this book are slightly different (and some of them a little bit more challenging) than the previous tests.
on October 30, 2011
Thank you so much Kaplan! I took the shsat yesterday, and I knew almost every question! I feel like I have a shot at stuyvestant (if you don't know thats extremely hard to get into). I got a 63 on the original practice test, but after two months my grade was an 86! That's an amazing grade for the shsat! I couldn't have done it without you kaplan! I hope you make sat books too, so I can use them in the future!
on March 17, 2012
Bought this along with the Barron's prep book for my daughter. Some errors in book but overall a good way to ease into the subject matter and good test taking strategies. My daughter worked her way through this for the summer and finished up with the Barron's book which is much more difficult (I got a couple sessions with a tutor to clarify some problems in the Barron's book). Daughter got into Tech. Overall pleased with this purchase but do not think it is sufficient in and of itself. Buy early so you can move on to Barron's with enough time to work through book and really grasp problems.
on April 23, 2012
this is really good to me. well, in my opinion, this book isnt thick but can also help me to practice with all those questions. i do like it, the author gave out a lot of information and examples of the questions. when i read, i can understand and remember the steps clearly according to the book.
however, i give this book a BIG FIVE~
on October 23, 2012
PURCHASED THIS BOOK FOR SOMEONE BUT SO FAR THEY LIKE IT AND THE BOOK IS WORTH THE PRICE. I AM HOPING THAT NEW MATERIAL IS ADDED EVERYTIME THE RELEASE A NEW EDITION
on October 16, 2012
I wouldn't recommend it because the answers are wrong!!!
I know it's Kaplan and it's like the best but the books aren't. Its not worth paying for.