5.0 out of 5 stars This will make your knives very happy, April 11, 2009
This review is from: Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red (Kitchen)
I'm a serious cook, and I take good care of my knives. I don't have a "set", and definitely have more than the usual number. I was trying to decide whether I needed to weed my collection or buy a second knife block when I found this wonderful invention. I was skeptical that it would hold all my knives, but it does: 4 steak knives, two French knives, two santoku knives, several utility knives, a very long carver, a long bread knife, two paring knives, plus kitchen shears, and they all fit easily. No matter who uses and washes a knife, they can put it back in the block without hunting for an appropriate slot. All my knives are there to use, not getting dull or lost in a drawer, and the Kapoosh looks great besides.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great reason to retire your old knife block..., August 17, 2008
This review is from: Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red (Kitchen)
For a price only marginally higher than your normal knife block, the Kapoosh is well worth the money. For some reason, the red version is currently listed at 40 dollars (other versions are 50 and 60.) Not sure why this is, but that's fine with me. It's a great buy at this price, and is definitely worth 50 if you prefer black. I was very surprised at how large and sturdy this holder is. It has a great level of heft and, unless you're a gourmet chef, probably has room for all your knives. The plastic rod system is genius, and they slide out easily in blocks for dishwashing. A brilliant design (both aesthetically and functionally) and great, quality construction. Definitely a worthy purchase. My only concern is the long-term durability of the rods, but if treated well (parting the rods to make room first before inserting the knife, instead of haphazardly jabbing them in with force) I'm sure it will last for years and years.

The bottom line:
- Only slightly pricier than a normal knife block, but so much more functional.
- Sleek design makes it a visual treat for your kitchen and a neat conversation piece.
- Larger than I expected; can probably handle most knife collections with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars High capacity in a small space, February 27, 2009
Bryan (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red (Kitchen)
The Kapoosh block occupies a 12" by 6" oval on our countertop. There are 8 knives in now and room for as many more. The rear compartment will conceal blades up to 3.5" high and 9" long. The forward compartment is smaller. Blades up to 2.5" high and 5" long will be concealed. Knives slide in and out easily. A thick blade, like a small cleaver, may not settle in so well. I would prefer more depth in the forward compartment, but all in all it's a handy block because it's so amenable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and versatile, August 4, 2008
This review is from: Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red (Kitchen)
The way the Kapoosh system works is good for me since I have many different types of knives that I have bought over time. I can slot it in where ever I want without having to worry if it will fit or not.
The included sharpener is a nice bonus as it just attaches to the side making it very convenient to use.
IMHO, the regular price might be a bit steep but I got it as a gold box item offer which made it a better priced purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Wonderful!, March 9, 2009
This review is from: Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red (Kitchen)
This product is perfect. It takes up very little space on our counter top and is fun to use. Why hasn't someone thought of this sooner? It's great for the knives because they are not dulled when taking them out and putting them back in, like they are in the wooden slotted holder. Just a great product all around and it looks great too. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent knife holder, February 14, 2009
This review is from: Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red (Kitchen)
Probably the best knife storage solution I have ever had. Large enough for a wide selection of knives. This one had a divided lower section which is great for smaller knives. All of my "daily use" knives fit in the Kapoosh and the sharpener is a nice extra. I'm very please with this product and would order from the Kapoosh line again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too many knives, June 28, 2009
Amazon Customer (Colorado Springs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red (Kitchen)
This is a great holder. It even holds some of the new knives that have their own plastic sleeves. It takes up quite a bit of space but looks good on the counter and holds soooo many knives. Happy to have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeelishus, January 21, 2010
limabeenie (La Mesa, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red (Kitchen)
First of all, the red is beeeyootiful on my counter with my Kitchenaid stand mixer. The built-in (well, you have to snap it on yourself) sharpener works great on my crappy knives, and makes them usable again. It's so easy to just run a knife through the sharpener as soon as you take it out, without having to rummage through a drawer for one. I have 12 assorted knives and a pair of scissors stuck in it and they fit just fine. Love the fact that it has 2 compartments and they do easily slide out to wash in the dishwasher. I have my Global knives in it, but would not use the sharpener on them if I were you. As a caution, it is much bigger than one would think, and takes up a lot of room on the counter. I first saw it reviewed on America's Test Kitchen on PBS, and they loved it, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, August 4, 2008
Emma Fine (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red (Kitchen)
After collecting many specialty knives (paring, tomato, the perfect bread knife to name a few), I had nowhere to keep everything except the drawer. We all know it's VERY dangerous to reach into a drawer with knives. This is the perfect solution. It fits so many knives, I was able to throw out 2 knife blocks and add the extra ones from my drawer. Everyone who sees it really likes it, and my son and his friends (11 years) are awed by it and literally spent 1/2 an hour arranging and rearranging the knives. It is fun to slide them in and out. Additionally, the sharpener is a really good one; it brought the edge back to my dullest knives with just a few strokes. Having it right there on the Kapoosh is great to just run the knife through before using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, February 19, 2009
This review is from: Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red (Kitchen)
Love that it holds the knives more securely than a typical block plus it takes away the guess work of which slot each knife goes into. Feels weighty so it won't tip over. Nice modern look for my contemporary kitchen. Love, love, love it!

I won't be using the sharpener, though. I have a diamond steel which is way better than the included sharpener. If you have good, expensive knives (Henkels, Wusthof, etc.) you might rethink using the included sharpener, too.

Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red