5.0 out of 5 stars Really does work!!
Published on December 23, 2007 by Noibs

3.0 out of 5 stars Remember to walk fast
Published on February 5, 2008 by D. Chakravarti

3.0 out of 5 stars Remember to walk fast, February 5, 2008
This review is from: The Snow Pusher Plus
Last year, my snow blower quit working. I did not want to pay $1000 for a two-stage monster. After all, it needs to be in the garage, not in the shed during winter. I would rather have my car in the garage. After spending a lot of time searching the internet, I came upon this snow pusher. They really have a terrible website and a worthless video. I took the chance and ordered it. It came in one box, nothing pre-assembled. Just like their website, came with poor instructions. You'll need to be good at this sort of thing to get it right.

The thing has obvious design flaws, but it works and you can get the job done with less effort than shoveling alone. Just set the blade at an angle, lower the handle to waist high and walk fast behind it. When you walk fast, snow at the leading edge of the blade moves towards the lagging edge. The curve of the blade helps the process. If you walk slow, it does not work efficiently. It will help you clear your driveway, but at the end, you will have to use the good old shovel. I am also thinking of getting the Wovel.

One flaw of its design is the pin that sets the angle of the blade. The pin secures the blade angle by going through a serrated semi-circular appendage of the blade into a hole of a steel bar. I was pushing the shovel through 1 ft wet snow. The pin got twisted under the weight of the snow. The entire weight of the snow comes to that pin, and it is not equipped to handle the load. I am going to ACE hardware to see if I could get a replacement pin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really does work!!, December 23, 2007
Noibs (Southwestern Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snow Pusher Plus
I've used the Snow Pusher Plus for 4 years. I also have a second one that's still in the box in case my primary unit breaks. I live in southwestern Colorado (Gunnison area), where is the snow is very light--but we do get a fair amount of snow. In any event, you really can clear a large area in a short time. I have a large gravel driveway (200+ feet long) and will drive on the snow until I have a nice hard-packed base a couple of inches thick. From that point on, I'll use my Snow Pusher Plus to clear snow. Once you have a packed snow base, this thing flies. I keep the blade at a 45 degree angle to the right and start just to the right of center and go the length of my driveway. I'll do the same coming back. With each subsequent pass, I'll move the snow further to the right until I'm finished. HOWEVER...it does take a little practice be get good using this thing. When you first start using it, you'll want to dig too hard into the snow rather than pushing the snow. Second, if you have a large area to clear and you are totally worthless in terms of your physical fitness, then hire someone to clear your driveway--this won't work for you. It also won't clear ice.

I love simple things that work and don't break. This is one of those things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shovel, January 4, 2009
This review is from: The Snow Pusher Plus
Nice shovel and I highly recommend it. The blade is painted red and can be angled so that snow is pushed to the right or left. Like the big plows on the DOT trucks. Plus the weight of the steel blade helps get down to the surface even cuts through tire tracks where the snow was pressed down and the thickly painted surface is smooth. The blade is smooth steel no need for a ribbed surface. The box arrived sooner that expected and is approx 10" by 40". The instructions look like they were typed on uncle Fred's antique typewriter and then copied a couple thousand times. Hide the box till the wife goes to the mall then put it together 2 or 3 times till it looks right. ( manufacturer: put up a web page with a video on construction - it's 2009 not 1945). Cool shovel though.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the reviews are right., December 12, 2009
Ernest A. Finocchio (Salt Lake City, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snow Pusher Plus
This is perhaps the most elegant snow removal system I've ever used. The simplicity and straight forward application is undeniable.

It won't work on all conditions. Think 24" snow fall. But a snow blower probably won't handle that . . . EITHER!

The size of the blade makes walks a one-pass affair, and an 8' wide drive way a short order.

I handled todays "skiff" in under 20 minutes. That about how long it would take to get my snow blower out, fueled and started.

The assembly instructions are quite deficient. Perhaps the manufacture could spend an hour with a technical writer to enhance the over-all ownership experience.

Honestly, this toy deserves wide exposure for the effectiveness, efficiency and safety for snow removal. No lost fingers to snow blowers. Minimized "keeling over" from exertion and exposure.

But get better assembly instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for dry snow., January 15, 2010
This review is from: The Snow Pusher Plus
For a light snowfall this is a great device; a long as the snow is not the wet, dense, heavy kind. If we get 3 inches or less, and the snow is dry and "fluffy" I use the SPP. It is quicker and does a better job than my two stage snowblower. For a little more snow I sometimes will push up a couple of rows and then use the snowblower.

My one disappointment is the pin that sets the blade angle. It is not heavy enough and I have to replace it periodically.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for certain kinds of snow, February 25, 2010
This review is from: The Snow Pusher Plus
Like many others, I searched the internet for some time looking for a pushing-type of shovel that would make an unpleasant job easier and look better. I have a large cement slab in front of a three-stall garage and about 400 feet of paved driveway. I have a 28 inch two stage blower that does a great job when there are at least 2-3 inches of snow. Many years here in the upper Midwest, we have daily snows of 1-2 inches and it is not practical to get out the blower and hand shoveling is a real chore. This snow pusher is one of only a few similar devices that looks like it would work well for these shallow snows. It was apparently designed in an area where the snow is heavy and not too deep. It does a great job as seen in their video. It will push lighter, dry snow at even greater depth. There are situations where it is notably difficult to use, such as; irregular or icy base, frozen base, wet base when the air freezes quickly, deep snow, or when the drive has been neglected. You will still need to lift and throw the snow adjacent to the banks. The plow does not push the snow very high, so you will have to use the blower periodically or keep it pushed far back from the get-go. It is not a panacea for all situations but is very useful for a majority of the "nuisance" type snows, if you keep on top of it. It is good exercise and is quick. The quality is notably weak. It has the appearance in the box of being slapped together with little pride of workmanship. There are any number of minor and inexpensive changes that could be made to improve the fit and durability. I don't understand why anyone would put their name on something that could easily be made better. One of the welds is already broken and the parts are getting sloppy in fit with no way of correcting it other than buying new parts (no instruction on how to do that either). The blade wears down awfully quick on concrete. I have owned it only 3 months. I would not like to send it back since it fits an important niche for me. This could be a bigger seller if the inventor would listen to the simple criticisms voiced by myself and many others. The advertising is geeky and cheap. The web site looks like no one pays any attention to it. This is 2010, not 1950 (I don't know why this bothers me, but you can't sell something to a customer if you are actively offending them). I can recommend it if the cost is not an issue and you understand its limited role in most areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this thing!, January 18, 2014
This review is from: The Snow Pusher Plus
I purchased the 48" snow pusher light earlier this season. I love this thing!! Seriously...love it! Living in Minnesota we get a lot of 1 and 2 inch snows. Anything less than two inches and the snow plowing service doesn't come out, so I have to do all those small snows myself. I have a long driveway. With the 48" snow pusher I can do the driveway in minutes now. I know my neighbors have snow pusher envy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best "shovel" I have ever used., November 10, 2013
This review is from: The Snow Pusher Plus
I don't know why the manufacturer doesn't sell them any more on Amazon, but I bought one last year direct from the manufacturer and love it. I can actually jog behind it on the sidewalk when there are only a few inches of snow. It's more fun than a chore to "shovel" snow now, so I go looking for other sidewalks and driveways to do too.

I have also had to replace the pin that holds the blade at the proper angle. The aluminum one that comes stock is just not strong enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars A $110.00 SHOVEL!, January 21, 2007
This review is from: The Snow Pusher Plus
It is a SHOVEL. A $110.00 SHOVEL! Are they out of their minds? IT IS A SHOVEL for $110.00!

The Snow Pusher Plus
The Snow Pusher Plus by KarVell Industries, Inc.
Out of stock