5.0 out of 5 stars The Karcher 3.86 works exceptionally well!
Published on September 30, 2007 by Almost Sixty!

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk from day one...
I only kept this unit as long as I did because even though most times it would not work - after fiddling with it for about 1/2 hour or so it would finally started producing very limited pressure. Every once in a while the pressure failed, but if I fiddled some more I got it going again.

I kept this *** for years - simply because I only used it once every two...
Published 11 months ago by HowardG

5.0 out of 5 stars The Karcher 3.86 works exceptionally well!, September 30, 2007
This review is from: Karcher #K3.86 1750PSI Electric Power Washer
I am a female with arthritis and was concerned about my ability to assemble, operate, and handle a power washer. I struggled a little with assembly, but am delighted with the performance of the Karcher 3.86 unit! I used Simple Green siding cleaner, and the mix setting was so easy to use. We had significant mold build-up on our siding. Using the maximum power wash setting, it disappeared with ease. I held the end of the wand about six inches from the siding. This did require the use of a ladder for higher areas, but there is ample electric cord and wand cord.

The other wand attachment cleaned our concrete steps and brick to a pristine whiteness. It is very powerful and should be used with caution because it will remove paint.

Our home has been restored to a "brand new" appearance, and the result was worth the effort. The larger Karcher model is definitely the smarter purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Karcher Power Washer, October 5, 2013
This review is from: Karcher #K3.86 1750PSI Electric Power Washer
We have owned this model for seven years and we are still using it to power wash our house and fence. It's true that you have to get close to get things really clean. But for a one story house, concrete drive/patio, and wooden fence, it's paid for itself many times over.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk from day one..., July 17, 2013
This review is from: Karcher #K3.86 1750PSI Electric Power Washer

I kept this *** for years - simply because I only used it once every two years or so. When it did work, I only got enough power to clean the vinyl siding on the first level of my house. Trying to go higher would not work because there was not enough pressure to get a stream of water/cleaner more than 12 feet off the ground.

Today, I tried to clean out my gutters (using a ladder and scaffold to get above the lower edge of the roof); after an hour or so of time wasted, I chucked it into the trash. When the pump is on (horrendously loud electric pump can be heard) I get less pressure than if I put my thumb over a open hose.

As I said, it used to be that the unit would kick up to limited usable power after fiddling... Today I get nothing. This was a huge waste of my money. I'd give it zero stars if I could.

Rate and Discover Movies