4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly filling, tastes good

Published on January 27, 2011 by Jimmy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly filling, tastes good, September 8, 2009
Amazon Customer "mrpoopoo" (Corning, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kashi GOLEAN Bar Roll! Caramel Peanut, 12 - 1.94 oz Bars (Grocery)
These are surprisingly filling and pretty close to candy bar tasty. I sometimes have a Zone Perfect bar for lunch but it's hard to make it to the end of the day without feeling famished; these Kashi bars keep me satisfied up to dinner time. As others have said, they are quite chewy, which I like, and the nut/grain coating has a good crunchy texture. Know that if you try to wolf one of these down quickly, the crunchy coating makes for a pretty effective abrasive against the roof of your mouth... in other words, chew slowly!

Amazon's price per-bar is quite high compared to just a pack of 4 that you can find in big-box stores.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but so hard, January 27, 2011
After trying the "Turtle" flavor and being disappointed this was better tasting. I didn't mind finishing as it did taste like peanut and somewhat like caramel but it's so darn hard that I couldn't give it better than a 3. I don't want to lose teeth eating these things. High in carbs and sugars so definitely will spike your insulin level big time. I'd probably rather have a regular nut roll for that many carbs and sugars...

5.0 out of 5 stars Where can I find these bars, September 19, 2013
Hands down these bars are my very favorite but they have not been available for a decent price for a long time. Please bring them back..........

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Breakfast Food, May 6, 2013
KEA (California) - See all my reviews
I really like this bar, it sticks with me longer than most breakfast foods and I dont get the sugar drop after eating it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all these Kashi products!, May 4, 2013
Penny J. Adams (The Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
It's difficult to say only a few good things about these bars - I'll try. They are so tasty, good for you, meatless source of protein and very affordable! You should do yourself a favor and at least try them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sports performance, January 16, 2013
Great protein bar. My children play hockey and eat for performance, and take these to go for energy. Nutrition wise...good return for the calories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, December 28, 2012
I love these, the perfect snack when I'm hungry and dinner is not in my near future. I just wish they were sold in my local grocery store

4.0 out of 5 stars Filling and great taste, July 21, 2012
Love this bar; great taste and very very very filling. Great aid in helping to lose weight. BUT--expensive in my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ehhhh just okay, December 31, 2011
I normally love everything Kashi! These bars are not very good.. they aren't bad.. but they aren't good either. I'm eating them but I don't particularly like them. I'd recommend almost any other Kashi bar instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars GoLean bars, May 14, 2011
These bars are OK. The caramel is good but the "peanut" part tastes more like some kind of cereal pushed into the outside of the caramel.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›