5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy thus far

Published 18 months ago by M. Guffey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy thus far, December 24, 2011
lcfeminist (Baltimore USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year (CD-ROM)
Over the years I"ve used lots of different security programs--both free and paid--including Norton, Zone Alarm, Trend Micro, Vipre, Malwarebytes, Spybot and others. Recently I found myself with a number of different internet-capable devices and I started looking for one security suite that I could use for all of them. When I found Kaspersky One it was perfect for my situation and I took a chance and purchased it. I used the CD to install Kaspersky on my Dell XPS and followed the instructions to install via download on my Sony Tablet S and Samsung 4g smart phone. I had no problems whatsoever and had all three up and running in minutes. Since my Toshiba netbook doesn't have a CD drive I had to go online to the Kaspersky site to find the proper download. Once found, that installation was also flawless.

After installation the updating and subsequent deep scanning did take some time. The process with the Sony and the Samsung was pretty quick, but the Dell and the Toshiba took longer. The reasons being that the Dell has some big drives with lots of files and the Toshiba netbook, being a netbook, is just slow in general.

I really like the Kaspersky interface. It's clear and easy to read. I also like the ease of set-up. All my set-ups are different because I've made them device specific and Kaspersky also makes that easy to do.

I rarely buy anything without reading as many reviews from as many sites as I can find, but in this case Kaspersky One was so new that customer reviews were basically non-existent. That's one reason I'm writing this review now. I've only been using Kaspersky One for a week and I don't know what the future may hold, but so far I'm very happy to have found a product that meets my needs and has thus far exceeded my expectations.

UPDATE: It's a little over three months since I wrote this review and I'm still a fan of Kaspersky One. I have not had any problems whatsoever on any of my devices and I'm a happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4th year renewing Kaspersky, February 24, 2012
This review is from: Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year (CD-ROM)
This is my 4th year renewing my Kaspersky Anti Virus. The first two years all they offered was the Anti Virus and it worked wonderful. Last year I got the PURE and it was great also. We also have the Kaspersky Mobile Anti Virus on our Android Smartphones. I am now buying the Kaspersky Universal to put on all of our electronics. Highly recommend. I have never had it tell me there were simple viruses and I had to upgrade to a more expensive package to get it off like other Anti Virus softwares I had. I have used some pretty shady sites and never gotten a virus. Don't use anything else. You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars The activation key works, but only if you download the newer version of the software from the Kaspersky site, June 4, 2013
This review is from: Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year (CD-ROM)
From reading other reviews on this site, I expected to get old software, and that is exactly what I did get. I installed it on my mac, tried the activation code and it would not work. So I went to the Kaspersky site, downloaded and installed the newest mac version, input the activation key and everything worked.

I have a pc partition using Parallels on my mac, so I already had an expiring version of Kaspersky installed there. All I had to do with that was input the new activation key, so that it would take over after the old key expired. No problems there. Kaspersky is great on a pc and I'm hoping it works well on a mac also. It's replacing an Indigo X6 product that I had nothing but problems with, so I am hoping for better performance out of Kaspersky. So far, having the same company's security software on the mac and pc partitions seems to be working better than two different ones. Both parts of the computer seem to be booting and running faster, so that is a good thing.

I would have given this product/shipper 5 stars if I had not had to go through the extra hassle of loading the software twice on the mac, but it is a good price for the 5 unit product key. I can use it on my android phone also.

6/10/13 update:
When I originally installed the Kaspersky Security for Mac, I did not have time to run the full scan, so I just ran a critical areas scan. I just ran a full scan on the Mac partition and it took less time than expected - 4.51 hours ( I have a lot of stuff on the mac) and it found and deleted 2 Trojans that Indigo missed. Interesting, since everyone says a Mac can't become infected. They can, mine was and now it has been cleaned by Kaspersky. Great software, I have not noticed any slowdown and actually forgot I was running a full scan on the mac while I was doing other stuff. I am now giving Kaspersky 5 stars, since it works great on my mac and I now feel much safer, and so do all the pc's in the house. The PC partition was clean, since it has had Kaspersky on it since day one, and it kept the mac partition from infecting it. Definitely worth the money for the best security suite out there.

2.0 out of 5 stars Turn out to be 2011 Version, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year (CD-ROM)
Last year I ordered Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 for around the same price. All good. This year I ordered this product because of the different devices I have. No where in the description does it state that this is the 2011 version. Most generally if somebody is selling an older version of a software product they say so. A person interested in ordering this product should probably make sure you are getting what you are expecting.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Antivirus, January 12, 2013
Jeff "Brown Coat" (Pasadena, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year (CD-ROM)
Everyone has their own opinions about antivirus programs, especially concerning which works the best, but I have never had one issue with viruses since I installed this.

The thing I can definitely speak to is that I game and run a fair amount of intensive programs and this is light weight enough not to interfere, and also has settings to shut of functions like updates and scans during the time when you are in full screen mode. These are both killer features.

The phone version is awesome, scans all my app downloads and I really enjoy it.

All in all, buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best protection on the market, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year (CD-ROM)
Used Kaspersky One last year and was very pleased with the 5 device protection. Kaspersky caught everything! Our home PC had 2 viruses using Mcafee, costing $300 in repairs. And you couldn't beat Amazon's price. It was cheaper than the renewal license by 60%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Norton!, September 21, 2013
This review is from: Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year (CD-ROM)
Goodbye to Nortons over priced products. The Kaspersky one is a 2112 version, but after you update you have the latest protection for 5 devices @ 1/3 the cost of Norton! Jump on this deal!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, January 9, 2013
This review is from: Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year (CD-ROM)
Just what I needed with my Windows laptop and Apple Mac; easy to install and manage. Doesn't slow down your system like Norton.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kaspersky - good stuff, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year (CD-ROM)
This is my first time using this product. Have used Kaspersky Pure for 2 yrs in a row - love it. Bought this to for protection on tablet and phone (along with computers). Bought it at a great price on Amazon.
I love Kaspersky because it does its work without slowing down the computer.
1 month into the product - still loving it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete Protection - Cell Phone, Tablet & Laptops, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year (CD-ROM)
I've been hoping software companies would wise up and offer multi-device licensing Security Suites. Kaspersky got it right with this one; the same top-notch protection for all of my devices, all for one nominal fee. We have this on our cell phones, tablet and laptops. Installs fast and easy. I was up and running with all my devices in 15min tops. Great advanced features too. Good interface and cross-platform integration. Definitely my fave Security Suite no matter the platform. Will definitely renew my license next year. Excellent. Very happy with it and my devices are secure.

Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year
Kaspersky One: 5 Device, 1 year by Kaspersky Lab (Windows 2000 / 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: $29.97