5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!
This book is one of my favorites on my bookshelf of craft books. I read a review on another site for this book and fell in love with the picture on the front, but also the adorable projects that the reviewer had made using the instructions in the book. I bought it without a second thought and am so glad I did.

I've done many of the projects in this book and...
Published on March 16, 2010 by Erika Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars The cover is really the best thing in here
Published on November 30, 2009 by Evelyn Uyemura

3.0 out of 5 stars The cover is really the best thing in here, November 30, 2009
I fell in love with the look of the cover and ordered the book on the basis of that alone. But the book on the whole is not really that inspiring. The "primitive" look, with big clumsy stitches just looks amateurish in many of the projects. And really, who needs a felt business card holder? The curtains look like a junk shop. Not particularly clever or well-crafted items. Sorry, I was disappointed. Buy Felt-craft instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Designs, but Insufficient Instruction, November 27, 2009
A Kid's Review
I'm an experienced seamstress and purchased this book thinking that my 10-year old daughter and I could use the patterns to make hand-made Christmas presents. We attempted to make the adorable coffee-cup cozy only to abandon the project in frustration. The instructions were vague, and the concept was unworkable with the mugs that we had purchased from Starbucks because the diameter of the lip was larger than the diameter of the bottom, which is a very common mug design. The placement of the mug handle further interfered with the workability of the design. The designs are truly charming, but I wish I had been warned that the directions provided are very skeletal in nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, March 16, 2010

I've done many of the projects in this book and love each and every one of them. Working with felt has become a new love for me. I started with this book before December of last year and have been going strong since.

I like that the book gives clear and concise directions and is great for for beginners, but it's also a great stepping off point for seasoned hand-stitchers and embroiderers. Because the projects are so well explained and designed, I was able to modify some to add my own touches but others I've kept just as they were designed because I liked them just the way Kata created them.

I tackled one of the bigger projects in this book as my first project - the adult messenger bag - and had so much fun with it, added extra stitches and embroidery to embellish it and didn't want to stop! Since then, I've been working my way through the book and loving every minute of it. I carry it with me everywhere.

My 10 year old daughter has become a big fan, as well. She wanted to learn to sew with the sewing machine but I told her it would be best to learn hand sewing first and so we started with Kata's book. Not only has she learned easy stitches, but she's working her way up and has created some beautiful projects from Kata's instructions, but she's also been inspired by the stuffed animals in the book to make some of her own unique creations.

Regardless of whether you're a newbie or a seasoned stitcher, this book is a must have!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the dolls!--but instruction lacking, December 12, 2011
I fell in love with the mouse, rabbit, and dog dolls when I first saw them in ABC Carpet, so I was thrilled to discover that a book was available with patterns and instructions. Unfortunately, the instructions, both diagrammatic and photographic, are woefully inadequate. Get the book for the patterns but you will need to go online for any real "how-to" instructions (Mary Corbett's video's on [...] is a good place to start).

5.0 out of 5 stars Where can I get more Kata Golda projects???, March 15, 2010
I am in love with this book - and in love with all the stuff I made while my 6 year old daughter sat next to me cutting scraps of the beautiful felt, looking at the amazing pictures in the book, picking our next project, helping. I was looking for something we could work on together and this is it - there was plenty that she could do, so we truly created together - she is as proud of the tails on our little mice as I am of my stitching (I am a beginner)! The directions are easy to follow - the photographs really help - and I thought each design was cuter than the last. I am eagerly awaiting 25 Whimsical Sewing Projects 2!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kata Golda's Hand-Stitched Felt: 25 Whimsical Sewing Projects, October 30, 2009
I love her designs and was glad that she decided to publish a book that included patterns. I've already made two stuffed dolls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, January 12, 2012
I have to admit that I over the years I have purchased a number of how to craft books. Unfortunately many of these book sit unused on the shelf. Not Kata Golda's book. I have made many many things out of this book and will continue to. I did not have any experience with sewing or felt but now have confidence to try patterns of my own based on what I have learned. I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Kids, Not Just for Moms, December 28, 2010
The subtitle of this useful and beautiful volume is "25 Whimsical Sewing Projects." Whimsical they are. Anyone opening this book who does not fall in love with these cute items has no heart.

Working with felt is a wonderful way to teach a child to sew. This book could be used as a sewing primer for children between 6 and 10+ years of age. The first step in sewing is controlling the needle. Working with felt allows the budding sewer to concentrate on that pesky and slippery needle because, unlike woven material, felt does not ravel. Because the style is "folkloric modern" those first tentative stitches do not need to be invisible; nor do they need to be even. They just need to hold. Yes, the items are whimsical, like the finger-puppet mice gracing the cover. However, there are also practical items here, like baskets that can be used to hold sewing projects or doll clothes or action figures; wall hangings (which can be adapted); purses; quilts, and pillows. Children love to make things, but, more importantly, they love to make useful things that they can use and proudly give as gifts. This book allows kids to create both for themselves and for others.

Time deprived adults can make cute felt toys as gifts with little effort. The finger puppets are nice stocking stuffers in winter but, in summer, they are wonderful I'm-bored projects to share with youngsters or to use as package trims on birthday gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, dear book, June 4, 2014
Oh, do buy this book! I'm working through it with my 9 and 7 year old daughters, and the projects are clear and simple. Everything can be hand sewn, and you won't require loads of supplies. We made some very charming easter basket bunnies and they look as darling as we had hoped! This is wonderful for kids learning sewing skills and it's full of easy projects for baby gifts, holiday gifts, ect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Projects!!!, May 3, 2014
I just received this book. It is filled with cute, fun and useful projects that I going to start making as soon as I finish writing this review.

Fun! Fun! Fun!