Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 16, 2013
I'm not a pro...i just carry my 15.6 laptop, Canon Rebel SLR with 18-55mm and 55-250mm lens with camera accessories(extra battery and charger) and a Sony HD video camera. Also some water bottles and snacks. I used to carry them in my backpack and had trouble partitioning the backpack accordingly.

This Kata KT DL-DR-467 has enough space to carry my 15.6 laptop, my whole electronic equipment, water bottles and some snacks easily. I dont have a problem taking out my camera or water bottles or laptop. You can remove the partition and use it as your daily backpack.

All other camera backpacks are for professionals who carry a lot of equipment which never suited my requirements.
on December 26, 2012
I fit 3 cameras in here, 19 rolls of 120mm film, and a tripod. (Not to mention 3 notebooks, a book and a 17in Macbook Pro)

Comfortable pack, very light weight. The rain-cover works.

Zippers could be placed in better places.

Camera isn't as quickly accessible.
on February 14, 2013
Bought the bag to carry camera, lenses and personal gear. Plenty of room for Nikon D7000 with either 18-200 or 18-105 mounted and the other lense separately plus another lense. The upper compartment holds a Kindle, medical kit, and Bose sound deadening headphone. The computer sleeve takes an iPad with Apple keyboard. Should hold a 15" laptop in place of the iPad. Shoulder straps are very comfortable. The straps don't slip off my shoulders so seldom use the included sternum strap.

Only negative is zippered pockets on outside face are split in half. Thought I'd be able to fit my medical in but center divider prevents that. A disadvantage of buying on line. Plenty of space for all the filters and various chargers in those pockets, however.

All in all, a very good backpack.
on June 4, 2013
I would recommend this bag to any photographer that doesn't have LOTS of gear. I shoot with a Nikon D3100 (one of the smaller DSLRs) and carry two additional lenses as well as a number of accessories and this bag holds it all well. Although it may not hold as much as a traditional photography backpack, it does not look like a photography backpack which is nice in some poorer areas as to not attract too much attention to your thousands of dollars of gear. I took this bag to the mountains for a week just after I bought it, even after hiking for an entire day, this bag is still comfortable, so long as you don't have a laptop in it. With a laptop, the bag isn't very comfortable. Great zippers (seriously heavy duty), mostly water proof WITHOUT the cover, nice compartments, carries a disposable water bottle, chest strap, tough material inside and out, you can customize the interior with Velcro, good handle on top. I did make one addition to mine however, the bottom seemed a little bit thin so I added a piece of eggshell foam for additional protection. Almost a year later, I am still in love with this bag, its couple minor drawbacks are far outweighed by the quality of the build. A great product from Kata. A Great buy for any mobile photographer out there, especially if they want to bring a laptop into the field.
on May 4, 2013
We took this bag to NYC for a week. We were able to put all three lenses and the camera easily in the camera area as well as a few other miscellaneous things and fit everything else we needed for our days in the top portion. The rain shield was also useful!
on January 27, 2013
This is a well-built backpack that I absolutely love. I've been using it for a few weeks, and it's been great always having my DSLR on hand. You can carry either a laptop or a 2.5 inch 3-ring binder, but not both. However, there is room for a lunch bag. The smaller pockets on the front are nice for storing chargers, flash drives, etc. This backpack provides great protection for your camera and it has enough space for a daily commuter to use it. The craftsmanship and materials are great and I expect this bag to last for years.

I compared this in person, side-by-side, with the Lowepro CompuDaypack. Though the Lowepro was a nice bag that would have sufficed for me, I decided on the Kata.
on August 25, 2013
I must say this is the best value you can get in a camera bag for use with one camera. I was able to fit my Pentax K-30 and 2 lenses besides the one on my camera.

The bottom compartment, where the camera goes is nice and spacious and definitely will keep your gear safe.
The first real test for this bag was when I took it to Israel on an 11 hour flight, it held up extremely well and my camera was fine after being in the overhead storage (I didn't want to put there but the crew made me.). On the trip I was able to fit my Dell Inspiron 15r, two thin books and my intuos tablet in the laptop compartment. In the main compartment I had enough room for a lot and that was after I already had a thick book,my laptop charger and my phylacteries, it's not a huge compartment but you can still manage to fit a fair amount in there. I put my tripod in checked baggage but afterward I was able to attach it to the side of the bag. As if there wasn't enough storage you have four pockets on the front of the bag that have an impossible ability to just hold everything.

If you were to travel with a rolling bag it has a strap that allows you to slip it over the handle of a rolling bag.

The bag is made out of really high quality materials and all the seams and zippers will last a very long time, and holdup to a light rain without getting soaked, for extra protection a rain cover is included.
on October 18, 2013
I got this for my boyfriend awhile ago, since we had to replace his old back pack ( it was a fossil bag that ripped very easily) We are really happy with the KATA KT. He's a pre med student and it has held up to the weight of his books. No rips or tears yet! I'm thinking of getting him one for his Magic the Gathering cards.
on August 19, 2013
I have been a fan of Kata bags because they are really good, and this is not exception.

Quality is really good, i have try these bags in snow, rain, dust and even sea water, they survive everything. Kata bags also has a lot more space than you would think, this one in particular i have put inside, my laptop, 2 cameras. 3 lenses, and all the accessories ... still i have space for other things. It gives good protection to whatever is inside.

I took this one right after receive it for a 3000 km plus trip and it holds good.

The only cons are if you have some 70-200mm lens, it doesn't have a specific space for it, but if you are smart enough you can fit it inside, just without the protection you would want.

Even with that this bag is so resistance to every element i would not doubt a moment to get another one!
on August 2, 2012
This backpack is amazing. It's the most flexible backpack that I ever saw.
You can change to work from a simple backpack or put your gear inside, the laptop compartment is amazing and although I have a 13", I put a lot of my charts, tables, HDs and the laptop of course.
I recommend.