Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: N/A|Size: One Size|Change

on August 1, 2010
This is a must it you own the Katadyn Vario water filter. If you use a coffee filter on the end of your water siphon tube when gathering water from the wild - it will prolong the life of this filter. But you need to have it as a backup!
on December 21, 2011
Great price for an equally great product. Much like any other filter used for any other purpose, filters need to be replaced/changed to continue to maximum their function. The main reason why I purchased the Katadyn Vario is that it performs this function better than the others, not to metion that all the filtering "guts", i.e., the foam & charcoal and ceramic disc are all replacable in this item, which when relaced, restores the Vario back to brand new functioning condition. A must have for frequent hikers/campers/back-packers who do not "pack" fluids.
on January 13, 2013
Very effective filter. I have used the K-Vario system for 4 years and been very pleased with it's performance. Just replaced the filter after at least 100 uses in the backcountry with all types of water, from clear to sandy, to muddy. I would recommend this filter and system without hesitation. I would have rated it 5 stars except for the price.
on September 12, 2013
Comes with some o rings and lube. Bought it as a replacement as I had left water in my original one for like a year.... and I wanted to be on the safe side...works great, drank some nasty lookin water and I was alright. Great product....little expensive tho
on February 18, 2013
I bought the water pump and extra filters. This is the fasting pumping filter I have used. It's a little large but still fits in a backpack easily. I actually got this one for emergency purposes so we could pump water from creeks or water holes in case our water supply is cut off for any reason.
on September 28, 2015
The Vario is a great unit, but remember it is not optimally a water FILTER, it is actually a PURIFIER. Using this unit in really dirty, sediment filled water is sometimes necessary though when on the trail. This cuts the life of the filter dramatically, as it gets clogged. This replacement filter is great to have when you get home. A bit pricey, but well worth it for clean drinking water on the trail. I love my Vario, and this stock replacement filter comes with new o rings and even a bit of silicone.
on September 18, 2015
The replacement filter was OK. Newer Katadyn Vario filter replacement comes with an outer plastic mesh. I had problems with the Vario as the filter clogs quickly in the crystal clear water in the Boundary Waters. There must be a fine glazieral silt in the water that the filter picks up and clogs it up.
on May 26, 2013
I love the idea of it for emergencies. That is why I bought it and have not used it as of yet. It is a replacement for my Katadyn Vario Multi Flow Water Microfilter. It is in my bug out kit. I gave it the 5 star rating because I have used them before and they work very well.
on March 14, 2014
A must for all serious preppers. Water filtration is something u must have with backup filters. Found this on Amazon. They had the best price and free shipping on this order. Shipping was fast. This filter removes all contaminants from water. Get set now for what you may need in the future!! Amazon had the BEST price.
on June 27, 2013
What can you say, it was a filter replacement. It fit my water filter and came with all the necessary O-rings.