4.0 out of 5 stars Oh Kathy that is *so* appropriate! We could use more of you
Published on December 26, 2004 by A. Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
Her best jokes, which are included in a story about her on the red carpet, are fired off at the beginning. After that the DVD goes downhill as the jokes get progressively less funny. I love her show, which is why I bought this, and it did not live up.
Published on August 12, 2009 by NMB

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh Kathy that is *so* appropriate! We could use more of you, December 26, 2004
This review is from: Kathy Griffin - Allegedly (DVD)
Kathy Griffin is the only celebrity (albeit a "D List" celebrity) who doesn't seem to know about that little unspoken rule that all celebrities are expected to live by. You know what I'm talking about, right? There's this rule somewhere when you sign that celebrity contract which states that you aren't allowed to talk about the mean, stupid, rude, clueless, carpy and/or tasteless things that other celebs do off-camera. Not only has Kathy Griffin forgotten that taboo, she's made a career out of breaking it - and yes Kathy, we do love you for it!

Allegedly is Griffin's latest installment in her ongoing mission to expose the truth about the beautiful people who normally have complete control over their carefully constructed public images. OTOH here's Kathy: blunt, open and the opposite of all things pretentious. She has that way about her that suggests that you're meeting your best friend for lunch and a lot of dishing up on gossip. Here is about one hour of taking down many sacred cows; Gwyneth Paltrow, Barbara Walters, Eminem, Salma Hayek, and more. She talks about her USO tour with other D lists and her VH1 Fashion Award encounters. Her impersonations are spot-on funny. We learn about behind sweat difficulties, which are surprisingly funny coming from Kathy. A direct quote from my husband: "She's really very base; I like her!"

Although I laughed often and well while watching Allegedly, I couldn't give a full five star rating because it seemed that a few things were off with Kathy on the night that this stand-up routine was filmed. When I remembered her "D List" special from a few years ago as shown on Comedy Central I couldn't help but compare how relaxed and natural she seemed then compared to now; hurried, more on edge and a little angrier. She seemed to be having less fun with her material, and so did I. Nonetheless this is all great stuff and I strongly recommend Allegedly for any fans of hers and for anybody who's interested in a little glimpse into the goings-on of backstage life in Hollywood.

-Andrea, aka Merribelle

5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUS!, January 4, 2005
This review is from: Kathy Griffin - Allegedly (DVD)
OK, if you've ever been a fan of Margaret Cho (before she got cracked out and scary-political) then Kathy Griffin will absolutely crack you up.

She's equally self-deprecating (especially on her D-list celebrity status) and vicious towards bigger celebrities (Barbara Walters, Gwyneth Paltrow, Douglas/Zeta-Jones) and just fully, fully funny.

I always thought she was the best part of Suddenly Susan and that her sarcastic sense of humor was what kept that show on as long as it was.. it certainly wasn't Brooke Shields!

Definitely not appropriate for the kids, but I showed this at a party recently and I think most of the people ended up going out and buying it for their own collection. Go Kathy!

PS - Bravo just optioned 6 episodes of "The D-List" so hopefully she'll be back on TV soon, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars FUNNY GIRL, April 14, 2006
This review is from: Kathy Griffin - Allegedly (DVD)
I have seen Kathy Griffin reporting from the red carpet on some E! programme once (could have been at the 2004 Oscars?)[No , it wasnt the VH1 Fashion Awards :-)]. I also saw her on the Celebrity Mole DVD I bought and liked her and her sense of humour on both occasions. Thus I took the plunge and ordered her standup show ALLEGEDLY, and boy, did I laugh!!! It's a wonderfully funny show, and feels more like a hilarious gossip fest than a stand-up show. Granted, she says "so anyway" too many times, but I guess that adds to the vibe of her style. I will watch this a couple of times and show it to a lot of people as this is laugh out loud funny. And I was genuinely disappointed when she said goodbye. I was ready for at least another 30 minutes!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kathy Griffin's Celebrity Dish, November 14, 2006
Dan Carver (Jackson, MS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kathy Griffin - Allegedly (DVD)
Making fun of Celebrities is Kathy's thing. I love how she opens the show "I don't have time to be positive" she continues on to poke fun at everyone from the F-list (like, Debbie Gibson) up to A-Listers (like Gweneth Paltrow). This is not Kathy's best performance and you can tell she's really scatter brained, she even forgets part of her show and has to ask her husband for help so she can remember. But like a trooper she keeps on going. If you like Kathy Griffin you'd really enjoy this DVD. I did. I'd love to have some of her other stuff on DVD though, more recent things. I don't know what to do now that Ellen isn't doing Stand Up anymore... Margaret Cho is too political to be funny, Paula Poundstone seems to be trying to make a comeback, Ellen's doing daytime TV.. so Kathy is pretty much the only funny lady out there right now.. So lets give her all the support we can!! Love Kathy, Love her Bad Attitude.. and the thing is, I'm sure she exaggerates a little in her stories for comedic effect, as anyone would, but I'm certain that everything she tells us is real... really happened. When she talks about Red Carpet stuff, you can go back and watch it (if you record it) and see that kind of stuff was really going on. Which makes it all the more funnier to know all she's doing is telling you what happened when she happened to be somewhere. I dont' understand why celebrities are so afraid of her. I know if I were an A-Lister she'd be the first person I'd want to talk to on the red-carpet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny As Hell!!, April 4, 2006
Office Fan "Office Fan" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kathy Griffin - Allegedly (DVD)
I didn't see this dvd, but I saw the taped show on Bravo. I don't know if this is the same one, but Kathy Griffin is hilarious! I couldn't stand her on "Suddenly Susan", but her stand-up is funny! I love it when anyone in the Business makes fun of other celebrities (like Janeane Garafolo, Kevin Smith and Howard Stern). Normally all celebrities just kiss each other's butts..too afraid to say what they REALLY want.If this is the show where Kathy makes fun of Starr Jones and Gwenyth Paltrow, then this is worth getting. I laughed my ass off!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Stand Up I've EVER Seen, March 24, 2006
K. Marking (Coatesville, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kathy Griffin - Allegedly (DVD)
You know - rarely have I seen a piece of comedy that was so honest, direct, and scathing. Kathy tells it like it is (and tells all!).

I first saw this on Comedy Central in syndication and only caught about the last 20 minutes of it - but even that was enough to be compelled to search for it online and buy it.

I watched it 3 times in the first week and have insisted (forced) all of my friends to watch it. It is laugh-till-you-hurt funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars i laughed throughout the entire dvd, March 7, 2007
This review is from: Kathy Griffin - Allegedly (DVD)
this is honestly, one of the funniest stand up dvds i've seen in a while...i laughed so much that i cried! if you like kathy griffin and like her sense of humor, then you will def. love this dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Kathy AT HER UNCENSORED BEST !, July 3, 2007
MaryannJr "MaryannJr" (PHILADELPHIA, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kathy Griffin - Allegedly (DVD)
Kathy Griffin's Life is D-list - only according to her. To her fans, she is A -list all the way, and this DVD proves it! 'Allegedly' is Kathy at her uncensored, straight-up, no-holds-barred, un-bleeped best. This a stand-up routine from 2004 that is just as hysterical today, and it's definately something you'll watch over and over. Whether she's dishing on Brooke Sheild's mom, Gwyneth, Barbara Walters and the ladies of The View or any other random celebrity in Hollywood, Kathy shoots straight from the hip, and takes aim at everyone! No one is safe from her razor sharp wit or her acid tongue...even if it is only 'allegedly' true! This lady is amazing to watch onstage. You can almost see her mind racing from one hot topic to another, and she'll make you laugh so hard, your sides will hurt. When was the last time that happened? Pick this one up NOW, and enjoy it. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let me walk you through it..., August 18, 2006
This review is from: Kathy Griffin - Allegedly (DVD)
Classic Kathy Griffin. I've been watching her D-List show lately because it seems to be on all the time and I think she's hilarious and I got hooked. So naturally I had to pick up the Allegedly DVD. I was not disappointed!

She's so great about not only making fun of other celebrities but also making fun of herself and how much everyone hates her. If you've seen anything Kathy Griffin before and liked it, you'll love this. For those who haven't, know that she is brash, says many "inappropriate" things, and may be offensive to people who take it too seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have an "open mind" as Kathy says..., March 27, 2006
This review is from: Kathy Griffin - Allegedly (DVD)
...and a sense of humor, you will LOVE THIS DVD!! If you live for your US Weekly, check Pink is the New Blog or Perez Hilton daily, you will LOVE Kathy's comedy. My girlfriends and I became big Kathy Griffin fans after watching "My Life on the D-List" on Bravo. The DVD highlights her great celeb impressions and the bonus "Home Video" footage is hilarious. A great buy (and a great value).

Kathy Griffin - Allegedly
Kathy Griffin - Allegedly by Keith Truesdell (DVD - 2004)
$9.98 $4.99