Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on October 2, 2012
I've purchased, rented, and streamed a number of pilates videos over the last 15 years. I lack core strength, and pilates always seemed like a reasonable, low-impact method toward improving my fitness level. Unfortunately, most pilates videos are so difficult, even with the most extreme modifications that I'm always too daunted to come back to it. And yet I always try, try again.

Thank goodness, too, but I'm so glad I found this video (and so stoked that--as of this writing--it's offered free to stream for Prime members). It's basic, bare-bones beginner. If you are introducing a new fitness routine, I think this is a great option to get your feet wet and build up some core strength before moving on to other videos.

With more pilates videos, I'm dying three minutes into a 30 or 45 minute routine. With this one, I wasn't praying for it to be over. I know I'll be mildly sore over the next two days, but not so bad that I won't come back to it tomorrow.
0Comment48 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2010
I think this dvd delivers what it promises: easing into pilates. I'm new at this, and I've always found other pilates programs I'd watch on youtube to be difficult, confusing and I couldn't keep up with them. When I watched a scene from that one, I thought this might be exactly what I needed, so I went ahead and bought it and I wasn't disappointed at all. :)

Overall:

1. I liked her. She's very sweet, smiling all the time, with a pleasant voice.
2. The exercises are demonstrated in a clear and comprehensive manner.
3. The music is not annoying. The second time I watched it, it was quite easy for me to completely ignore it.
4. I like that it's divided in relatively brief sections. That way you can choose to skip sth, and you can break down the one major goal of completing the program to 4 minor steps/goals, otherwise it would seem more likely for me to always be putting it off.
5. It really improved my posture right from the first time.
6. It's very good exercise that can be followed on a daily basis, without it being very tiring.
7. Seems likes it features all the essential exercises you really need without loading you with the (imho) fancy, exaggerating ones. But, being a beginner, I honestly can't tell if someone more advanced would like this.
8. All you need is a floor, some space and a mat. Nothing else.
0Comment38 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2014
I tried Ease into Pilates after doing 10 physical therapy session to strengthen my core. I very uncomfortable sitting or standing for more than 10 minutes. After one week of Ease into Pilates the discomfort was eliminated. After another week I was 95% back to normal. I now use the tape to maintain my core strengthen. I highly recommend this tape because the exercises are easy to follow the entire routine can be completed in 45 minuets and the routines worked for me.
on March 6, 2013
i'm recovering from injury and need to rebuild some core strength. I chose this video because I do literally need to ease back in to an exercise routine, and i'm bored with yoga.

i'm disappointed because there is A LOT of yoga in this video, and I was looking for some different type of exercises to help me feel motivated and inspired, but I didn't find them here. other than yoga, there is about 5 minutes of crunches and leg lifts in the third section.

in terms of this video being for beginners, the modifications offered are good, but i'm not sure I would recommend sun salutations with plank and backbends to those who have a weak core and are just starting out/over.

i'll probably put this in my roster with other videos for occasional use. i am certainly glad that it was so inexpensive.
on May 12, 2007
I have had chronic pain for years, am almost 50 and was very athletic in my youth. It was during a Jazzercise class years ago when I realized I couldn't do that type exercise anymore. I've tried many different things over the years to help with the pain, but that wouldn't make it worse. I found this DVD in the library and tried it. I loved it so much I bought it immediately. After I do the 1/2 hour routine I feel more relaxed, I am not in more pain, and I believe I am getting stronger, especially in my stomach which hurt very nicely after the first couple of workouts. You women know what I mean! I can do it without looking at the screen as Katrina walks you through. Her voice is very soothing, the music is perfect and she constantly reminds me to relax my shoulders and to breath. I can easily fit a 1/2 hour into my day that is just special for me. When I feel better, what I do for others is much more fun.
on March 4, 2013
I adore this intro to Pilates workout. It is challenging and relaxing at the same time. There's great focus on flexibility and stretching along with building strength. I will do it until it becomes too easy and I have to upgrade.
on June 8, 2011
I borrowed Katrina Fitness Ease Into Pilates DVD from my local library, and I LOVED it! It had been a while since I had done Pilates, but this was the perfect segue for more for me. Katrina has a very soothing voice, and her instructions are very detailed. The video was quick, and you can complete all 5 segments in a little over half and hour, or if you want to pick one segment for a quick go, you can do that too. I'm looking on here to see if I can make it a permanent part of my exercise DVD library!
on April 22, 2013
Sometimes you are just not in the mood for an extremely workout or hard core. You just want slow and relaxed workout that is good. This is the workout! Wow!!! I have done many pilates exercise for over 6 years but nothing compares to this one. I Love it. It is nice and targets all your areas. 30 mins does not see like 30 mins. Love it!!!!
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2013
This video was simple and easy to follow, and Katrina is a pleasant, calm instructor. She doesn't cycle through very many individual moves, so don't look to this video for your cardio. It will build core, back, and arm strength and would be comfortable for days when one doesn't want a heavy workout.
on January 24, 2006
Being over 50 & recovering from a serious muscle disease, I wanted something very elementary so I wouldn't hurt myself yet with room for growth. When I start to feel "bogged down" in the afternoon, these are the strengthening and stretching exercises I turn to with its very soothing, relaxing background music. If a mom stayed awake during her kids' naptime, this would be a great tape to do then! Low impact, gentle and quiet, but definitely works many muscle groups. Contrary to other vendor's tapes, Katrina talks you through the entire process--you don't have to watch to figure out what she's doing and neither do you have to remember what to do next, or what you might have forgotten--she gently reminds you. My eyes are usually closed--and I concentrate on just the muscles she tells you.Only 30+ minutes long. I feel very relaxed yet invigorated when I'm done. I've checked this DVD out of the Public Library so many times, its time to buy my own.